Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
  1. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    That's why insurance should be completely portable. If you change jobs you keep your insurance. If employers want to pay for your insurance, let them give you a dollar amount. You shop for insurance and pay for it with what they give and if you want a better plan you pay the difference. But, it is your policy to take with you anywhere.
    This is a slam dunk straight forward solution that I support. Very simply, have people own their own policies rather than being a benefit (which we know from earlier posts and history became popular due to earlier government meddling due to wage controls and tax benefits started in the Depression era). Yet another Government "fix" for a problem they caused.

KAM
    There are providers that do provide "high risk" coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    If I develop a "pre-existing" condition how can I shop on your open market for a different insurer if they can refuse me coverage based on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There are providers that do provide "high risk" coverage.
    There's not an insurer in the US that would provide coverage to someone diagnosed with active CA.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    There's not an insurer in the US that would provide coverage to someone diagnosed with active CA.
    Isn't that a bit like expecting an auto insurance company to cover an accident you've already had?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Isn't that a bit like expecting an auto insurance company to cover an accident you've already had?
    They're doing it in the Netherlands right?

Are you suggesting that if insurance companies are mandated to take customers with pre-existing conditions they would all fold?
    Just let 'em die if they run out of money. They have cancer. They must bear personal responsibility.
    And on that you are so very wrong. My wife was diagnosed with lung cancer and I was able to put her on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan and then subsequently moved her to my insurance plan. Not a problem.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Are you suggesting that if insurance companies are mandated to take customers with pre-existing conditions they would all fold?
    That was a bit of a leap based on what I said. But since you bring it up, mandating that insurance companies cover any and all pre-existing condition would have to go hand-in-hand with a mandate that everyone be covered. Further, to be fair, some limits need to be in place to keep people from jumping from a low-benefit, high-deductible plan to a better plan once they get sick. Otherwise, yes, it would be very difficult for insurance companies.
    Most cancers are not caused by personal activity. Incidentally, they do not die when the money runs out. There are many, many avenues open to people in need of financial assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Just let 'em die if they run out of money. They have cancer. They must bear personal responsibility.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    That not only warrants a but also a .
    Most cancers are not caused by personal activity. Incidentally, they do not die when the money runs out. There are many, many avenues open to people in need of financial assistance.
    Oh really? Many many avenues? And you're kidding. Cancers are not caused by personal activity? Hey, thanks for the update.

By the way....who pays for those "many many avenues"? And would you please list some of them? Other than local square dance fundraisers, of course.
    And on that you are so very wrong. My wife was diagnosed with lung cancer and I was able to put her on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan and then subsequently moved her to my insurance plan. Not a problem.
    Wow then you should document that and post it anywhere you can because that essentially makes the pre-existing condition issue null.
    Really? And what if she had not been married to someone that had insurance? Only if she worked for a large company, and even then she'd be denied if she has already refused insurance. That's an example of the fantasy world you seem to live in.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Really? And what if she had not been married to someone that had insurance? Only if she worked for a large company, and even then she'd be denied if she has already refused insurance. That's an example of the fantasy world you seem to live in.
    It sounds to me like he saying his wife went on a non-employer based plan first. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want to jump all over the guy before I have the full story.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    It sounds to me like he saying his wife went on a non-employer based plan first. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't want to jump all over the guy before I have the full story.
    Let's just say there's a better chance of Sarah Palin reading a newspaper than there is of BCBS providing de novo insurance for someone walking in off the street. And neither is very likely.
  16.    #676  
    If I develop a "pre-existing" condition how can I shop on your open market for a different insurer if they can refuse me coverage based on that?
    If a company can't cancel you or single you out for a rate increase there should be no reason to change companies.

BE HONEST HERE: Is it FAIR to an insurance company to be forced to accept your $300-$1,000 per month premium KNOWING they are going to have to be paying out Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars covering that pre-existing condition?

I know your answer is FORCE people to pay premiums (taxes) to the government in exchange for a Government Run Plan. But seeing how the government has run other things I don't think that is the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I know your answer is FORCE people to pay premiums (taxes) to the government in exchange for a Government Run Plan. But seeing how the government has run other things I don't think that is the solution.
    Nobody is stating that the plan will be government run, of course. But don't let facts get in the way of fear-mongering.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    And here I thought America was better than all those other countries....we can't even provide better than the Netherlands? Whatever happened to American exceptionalism?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Nobody is stating that the plan will be government run, of course. But don't let facts get in the way of fear-mongering.
    Oh, IF it is government run that is something to be feared?
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    and BTW...My post stated what HIS opinion was...to have a GOVERNMENT RUN PLAN. Read his post, that IS what he is for.