Page 31 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1405
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Health care is huge... nothing attached to it is "simple." That is my issue... there is not a simple solution or a quick fix to help.
    Quick fixes that can be done NOW. Everything doesn't have to be included in 1 bill. Does sex education funding really need to be in healthcare reform bill? Here's the link: http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf READ It

    One thing that can be done now

    Allow you to purchase insurance nationwide on the internet or directly from any company selling health insurance.
  2. #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Really??? And the Fox News Poll says CNN is wrong
    Well, it's from Fox, so it must be true.


    You can make your polls say whatever you want.
    And yet in the most reliable of polls, held November 4, 2008, clearly indicated that a huge proportion of Americans have no faith in the current conservative party.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    And yet in the most reliable of polls, held November 4, 2008, clearly indicated that a huge proportion of Americans have no faith in the current conservative party.
    I think you mean Republican Presidency. The Bush Administration was hardly a conservative party. And...I don't remember...did we have a conservative congress?

    The election of Obama was based on 2 things.

    1. Bush/Chaney running our country in the wrong direction
    2. Obama is Black. The country wanted to prove we were ready for a Black President.

    People bought the Hope and Change without finding what the Change was.
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, it's from Fox, so it must be true.



    And yet in the most reliable of polls, held November 4, 2008, clearly indicated that a huge proportion of Americans have no faith in the current conservative party.
    We'll see. I suspect that Obama largely made his way by getting the votes of a lot of young and/or first time voters who will likely not be voting in any mid-term elections or even subsequent Presidential election in which there is no "rock star" candidate. Only time will tell.

    Regarding Fox, I think its proper to take everything you see with an eye of skepticism. Many fail on this point but many also fail in thinking that they don't need to view all cable news with the same eye. Fox is no different.
  5. #605  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Read all of it already... did not read that... mind pointing to particular page...

    Seems you are reading into it what you wish, maybe...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6.    #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Read all of it already...
    Read it all? OK...How long will I be able to keep my current individual policy?
  7. #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Quick fixes that can be done NOW. Everything doesn't have to be included in 1 bill. Does sex education funding really need to be in healthcare reform bill? Here's the link: http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf READ It

    One thing that can be done now

    Allow you to purchase insurance nationwide on the internet or directly from any company selling health insurance.
    Sex education? Yes, it should....

    Ever heard of AIDS? Here you go READ IT: AIDS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Hmm... what a novel thought... sex and health going together...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  8. #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Read it all? OK...How long will I be able to keep my current individual policy?
    How long do you want to keep it? Will there a better option available?

    So tell me, what part did you read and decide to "fit" into your argument?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I think you mean Republican Presidency. The Bush Administration was hardly a conservative party. And...I don't remember...did we have a conservative congress?

    The election of Obama was based on 2 things.

    1. Bush/Chaney running our country in the wrong direction
    2. Obama is Black. The country wanted to prove we were ready for a Black President.

    People bought the Hope and Change without finding what the Change was.
    Being black had nothing to do with obama being elected.

    I agree with your # 1.... #2 would have been him being a Dem... no republican was going to win. Any Dem could have won that election.

    Stating he was "black" really undermines the genius behind his rise to power and how he planned it. Remember when he stunned everyone in Iowa? (Ok, Hillary supporters. ROFL) That was not because he was "black."

    Beating McCain was not because he was "black." McCain shot himself in the foot when he "hired" that lady to run with him. Not to mention people thought he was too old. Not sure why the Republicans put him up there... that was dumb.

    The republicans have Bush and McCain to thank for that one... not to mention the Rep party is dysfunctional.

    Obama is smart... no matter what picture you want to paint of him... but I'd say it does not matter if black or not. If he were white he would have won... Everyone was tired of "clinton" crap... Edwards was old news (thank God... after the news broke about him, we should be glad).

    Ready for a black president? Colin Powell could have won that a LONG time ago. Let me guess... he would have won it because he is black? lol Whatever...
    Last edited by theog; 10/31/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10. #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Being black had nothing to do with obama being elected.

    I agree with your # 1.... #2 would have been him being a Dem... no republican was going to win. Any Dem could have won that election.

    Stating he was "black" really undermines the genius behind his rise to power and how he planned it. Remember when he stunned everyone in Iowa? (Ok, Hillary supporters. ROFL) That was not because he was "black."

    Beating McCain was not because he was "black." McCain shot himself in the foot when he "hired" that lady to run with him. Not to mention people thought he was too old. Not sure why the Republicans put him up there... that was dumb.

    The republicans have Bush and McCain to thank for that one... not to mention the Rep party is dysfunctional.

    Obama is smart... no matter what picture you want to paint of him... but I'd say it does not matter if black or not. If he were white he would have won... Everyone was tired of "clinton" crap... Edwards was old news (thank God... after the news broke about him, we should be glad).

    Ready for a black president? Colin Powell could have won that a LONG time ago. Let me guess... he would have won it because he is black? lol Whatever...
    Sorry for the ****-in, but Just a few notes: 1, Obama got 92% of the black vote in the primary, so yeah, the extra 40% percent of the black vote gave him over a million votes he would not have gotten were he not black, (actually, not sure if it's a million, i'll have to look it up.)and you can add quite a few in the liberal latte crowd to that number as well.

    re: people tired of clinton crap, she got the majority of votes, so "everyone" was not tired of the clinton crap. Certainly not the 18 million+ people who voted for her.

    But i agree, that in the general election btwn B.O. and McCain, his win had zero to do with his being black. After bush, a lot of moderates were terrifyed of another republican in office, among many other reasons.
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 10/31/2009 at 04:55 PM.
  11. #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    Sorry for the ****-in, but Just a few notes: 1, Obama got 92% of the black vote in the primary, so yeah, the extra 40% percent of the black vote gave him over a million votes he would not have gotten were he not black, (actually, not sure if it's a million, i'll have to look it up.)and you can add quite a few in the liberal latte crowd to that number as well.

    re: people tired of clinton crap, she got the majority of votes, so "everyone" was not tired of the clinton crap. Certainly not the 18 million+ people who voted for her.

    But i agree, that in the general election btwn B.O. and McCain, his win had zero to do with his being black. After bush, a lot of moderates were terrifyed of another republican in office, among many other reasons.
    And AGAIN how many black people are their in Iowa? I could start naming off other states... but I won't.

    I'll help.... Black persons, percent, 2008 (a) 2.7% in Iowa (12.8% in US) Iowa QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

    Of course, even with 12.8%, I do realize that "concentrations" can skew numbers, like cities. Then you have to get into the actual % of the 12.8 that actually voted in each place obama won, etc... lol... that would be a proper argument... but what the hey, this is tc...

    Him being black had nothing to do with it!!!! Do you know the % of blacks who voted for JJ or AS? I know you can pull up those numbers... they were black. Oh, wait... there goes your argument. Sorry, dude... you guys/gals need to understand a bit more about black history before you start making "blanket" statements about how blacks vote.

    I submit that neither one of you understand Obama's rise to power. The guy is brilliant... black or not. You should study how the race unfolded... and what he did to get there. He was no accident.

    Far as clinton, she should be sitting in the WH... I'm still surprised she did not win. I know in NC there was a bit of "oh, no, another Clinton." That is the crap I'm talking about... every loves bill in the open... small groups hmm. Sorry but they are a package. I knew after she cried, she would not get it... she made many mistakes. According the popular thinking around here, maybe she lost because she was a woman? lol McCain lost because he had a woman on the ticket. lol
    Last edited by theog; 10/31/2009 at 06:02 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12.    #612  
    What we really need now is another Ronald Reagan.
  13. #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    What we really need now is another Ronald Reagan.
    Pardon me a second (bwahahahhhahahahahhahahhahaa).

    No thanks. I think I'll stick with gov't dollars being spent on health care for people and to promote working class American jobs rather than giving it to the military industrial complex and lowering the taxes on the wealthy so they can indulge in an hedonist coke fueled binge of gluttony and excess.
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Pardon me a second (bwahahahhhahahahahhahahhahaa).

    No thanks. I think I'll stick with gov't dollars being spent on health care for people and to promote working class American jobs rather than giving it to the military industrial complex and lowering the taxes on the wealthy so they can indulge in an hedonist coke fueled binge of gluttony and excess.
    Maybe you are right. All those rich people buying yachts, luxury cars, putting money in all those sales peoples pockets, etc. And all those people employed manufacturing things for them. Terrible. It is so much better if we shut down those auto dealers and factories. That trickle down stuff never works.

    Isn't it so much better if we just take the money from the rich so they can't keep buying all those luxury items. We can use that money to pay for extended unemployment compensation and healthcare for the unemployed.
  15. #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    And AGAIN how many black people are their in Iowa? I could start naming off other states... but I won't.

    I'll help.... Black persons, percent, 2008 (a) 2.7% in Iowa (12.8% in US) Iowa QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

    Of course, even with 12.8%, I do realize that "concentrations" can skew numbers, like cities. Then you have to get into the actual % of the 12.8 that actually voted in each place obama won, etc... lol... that would be a proper argument... but what the hey, this is tc...

    Him being black had nothing to do with it!!!! Do you know the % of blacks who voted for JJ or AS? I know you can pull up those numbers... they were black. Oh, wait... there goes your argument. Sorry, dude... you guys/gals need to understand a bit more about black history before you start making "blanket" statements about how blacks vote.

    I submit that neither one of you understand Obama's rise to power. The guy is brilliant... black or not. You should study how the race unfolded... and what he did to get there. He was no accident.

    Far as clinton, she should be sitting in the WH... I'm still surprised she did not win. I know in NC there was a bit of "oh, no, another Clinton." That is the crap I'm talking about... every loves bill in the open... small groups hmm. Sorry but they are a package. I knew after she cried, she would not get it... she made many mistakes. According the popular thinking around here, maybe she lost because she was a woman? lol McCain lost because he had a woman on the ticket. lol
    lol. yes, we do understand OBAMA'S RISE TO POWER AND HIS BRILLIANCE. I majored in politics and volunteer for democrats. I know exactly what he did to get where he is. And other than marketing, chicago politics and a great schtick complete with his "AMAZING SPEECHES", NOT MUCH). He was about as qualified as george W.

    Yes, unfortunately, branding, marketing, propaganda, logos and slogans win here. But if you don't think a large percentage of the black people in the primary voted for him because he's black after 95% of them went for him in the primary, you are living in la-la land. And yes, plenty of white people thought it was great that he was mr. international, or just plain black.

    yes, i understand statistics and voting. And as YOU well know, take away obama's caucuses, like IA (and we all know, they didn't VOTE, they caucused, which measures the MOOD of voters, hence why a guy with superb branding and marketing, hype and a choreographed grassroots campaign wins, yes, brilliant politician, he can thank Axelrod for his success, among others), then he loses. (And soon he'll be taking credit for a healthcare plan that he can't even be bothered to work on).

    Ah heck, let's give the man a peace prize. oh wait...

    But wait, i'm going to edit because i don't think that in general his win or appeal was soley because he is black, as much as the OP was saying regarding the issue. His campaign was and his personality is, such great BS, that people bought it hook line and sinker, and that is why he got where he is. It just so happens his being black got him just enough of the votes he needed to surpass clinton in the primaries. VA, NC, SC, etc. He would have been SOL had it not been for those states voting the way they did. So technically, yes, the OP of the argument is actually correct in a way, he would not have won the primary were he not black, and had he not won the primary, his *** wouldn't be the prezypoo right now.
    Last edited by allthewayhome; 11/01/2009 at 12:02 AM.
  16. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Maybe you are right. All those rich people buying yachts, luxury cars, putting money in all those sales peoples pockets, etc. And all those people employed manufacturing things for them. Terrible. It is so much better if we shut down those auto dealers and factories. That trickle down stuff never works.

    Isn't it so much better if we just take the money from the rich so they can't keep buying all those luxury items. We can use that money to pay for extended unemployment compensation and healthcare for the unemployed.
    The super-rich would love that. Since much of their wealth can't be taxed, because its neither made nor kept in the US, hugely progressive taxes would create a nearly insurmountable wall between them and the garden variety millionaires who would bear the brunt of the additional tax burden. The only way around that wall is also outside the US.
  17. #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    That trickle down stuff never works.
    You said it, I didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Isn't it so much better if we just take the money from the rich so they can't keep buying all those luxury items. We can use that money to pay for extended unemployment compensation and healthcare for the unemployed.
    As one of those that were laid off last week (due to an incompetently run family business), yes please.
  18. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    As one of those that were laid off last week (due to an incompetently run family business), yes please.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope something comes up for you soon!
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    As one of those that were laid off last week (due to an incompetently run family business), yes please.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you have good luck finding something better. When you do, do you think you should help pay for incompetently run businesses....whether family run or ENRON or GM?

    ADVICE: Find something you enjoy doing, that you can be self employed, and make enough money, that you don't have to even worry about the money, just enjoy your work. There are lots of opportunities like this out there.
  20. #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hope something comes up for you soon!
    Thank you. Truth is I've wanted to quit for over half a year but was willing to give it the old college try given the hiring environment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you have good luck finding something better. When you do, do you think you should help pay for incompetently run businesses....whether family run or ENRON or GM?

    ADVICE: Find something you enjoy doing, that you can be self employed, and make enough money, that you don't have to even worry about the money, just enjoy your work. There are lots of opportunities like this out there.
    Thank you too Technologic 2, sincerely.

    I do have a side business I've been growing when time permits in the evenings and weekends and although it's solid it's not "livable".

    **warning -- venting**
    Truth is my Web-Team (a shipper, a customer service/expediter, and myself: Webmonkey) were thrown under the bus to eliminate costs so the mainly Brick & Mortar company could obtain a loan to float them through these tough times. Tough for the Brick and Mortars because they're owned and operated by a family which doesn't even require employees to dust off their product when placing it on the shelf.

    As to the Web/E-Commerce aspect I was responsible for, we had 25% growth in sales for the past two quarters.

    We were sacrificed to save money to continue to pay family members' salaries whose jobs involve showing up half the time and playing solitaire on their computers.

    **OK, rant over**

    Right now I'll sniff around to see what's out there, do some studying I've had to put off, and get to the gym every day.

Posting Permissions