Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
    Pick 3/5 is a list of numbers you can call for free.
    I knew what the Pick 3/5 is, I was wondering how to use it with Google Voice to get free. But with further investigation, I figured it out. But still wondering if it works with the new Sprint Any Mobile Anytime.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    You do pay if you call internationally I think.

No, you can't text (not something I do much though). Its possible to call from a cell phone via your vonage number but its a bit clumsy. I wouldn't bother unless I wanted to make a very long international call.
    Google Voice does charge for international calls, but is free domestically. I believe Vonage is a monthly rate to even have. Am I correct in believing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    Google Voice does charge for international calls, but is free domestically. I believe Vonage is a monthly rate to even have. Am I correct in believing this?
    That is true. If I didn't need to make lots of international calls I might not keep it. OTOH I don't think I would bother with GV either, I would just have the one cell phone number.
    Can you place calls from a landline? For example, I have a cell phone and a work phone w/ me while i am in the office. I get horrible cell phone reception in here but I want to be able to make long distance calls. Can I call my google voice number and then call "out" from that?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhackwyatt View Post
    Can you place calls from a landline? For example, I have a cell phone and a work phone w/ me while i am in the office. I get horrible cell phone reception in here but I want to be able to make long distance calls. Can I call my google voice number and then call "out" from that?
    Yes, you can.

You can also switch seamlessly from one handset to another while on a call. For example, if you're on your mobile phone and get to your home or office you can easily switch to the landline.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrodus View Post
    Yes, you can.

You can also switch seamlessly from one handset to another while on a call. For example, if you're on your mobile phone and get to your home or office you can easily switch to the landline.
    how do you switch phones without hanging up and calling again?
    Oh now i think i might get the htc hero afterall
    so i got an invite from coreymcl...which was awesome of him...and i had an idea...since google voice does not have the ability yet to port a number, but it is coming, could you not activate call forwarding by dialing *72(googlevoicenumberhere) when you dont want calls, say at night or whatever, or want them screened into google...all calls would then be forwarded to google voice.

I realize this isnt AS good, because google couldnt then forward calls to your pre (because of call forwarding), but if you wanted to just receive calls, you wouldnt need this...it would only work when you don't want calls coming straight to your cellphone...or any phone for that matter... at least until this feature is released, its an idea...

ps-while i was typing, i got another idea...couldnt you forward calls from any number to google voice, then still have your cell or work or whatever phone you wanted the screened calls to go to active, so you could..say, forward and screen all numbers from your phone at work, to your cell when your there or not there, and vise versa...

i know this is hard to understand and lengthy, but it all should work... i think...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    they announced today on their blog that you can use your own number! I'm signing up tomorrow...too tired to pull out the laptop tonight!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123