Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just finished our observance of 9/11/01 here at my firehouse. May we never forget. And god bless America. May we all world wide someday live in peace.

Please feel free to post your thoughts or remembrance.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 09/11/2009 at 08:46 AM.
    I had just barely got back from the Philippines when it happened. Scary thing to come back to. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have to remember that sad day every time they walk past an empty bedroom or as they walk to work.

Thank you OP for doing what you do. Sometimes it's those people we take for granted every day that make the most difference.
  3. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

God Bless those who defend this nation, who sacrifice their lives to help others when atrocities like 9/11 occur, and God bless the victims and families of these attacks. God Bless America.

Never Forget,
    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 09/11/2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: careless omission
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    God bless America.
    I was in college and just finished my morning classes for the day. Got back to watch some TV and BAM...there it was...one down, and got to watch as the second fell...unfortunately they didn't even cancel classes for the rest of the day either.

BUT even more power to the people who had the guts to stand up to for liberty on the one that crashed that was supposedly to hit hte white house, not to say everyone else isn't supported as well. I just have a lot of respect for that particular plane as there must have been a bunch of angry rallied Americans mobbing the dudes on there to bring that plane down away from its target.

BUT YES thanks to all who have helped to make this a FREE country (at least so far anyways, not sure about its future but thats another thread) and hearts out ot all 9/11 people.
    Very sad that believers in imaginary supernatural forces wish for their god to only bless your political boundaries but not the human race in general. Pretty disturbing notion of American superiority.

And Nationalism is also a social disease, as this thread demonstrates.

Religious wars suck and it is sad that those who died 9/11 were a victim of essentially religious wars. With this 'god bless america' attitude, the religious wars will only continue.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 09/11/2009 at 10:34 AM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Xenophonite you are not only rude and insensitive you are also arrogant and ignorant. Get outta here you freak!!!
    ^Am sensitive to those who died, not those who promote a god to bless america... that is the true arragonce.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 09/11/2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Xenophonite you are not only rude and insensitive you are also arrogant and ignorant. Get outta here you freak!!!
    See this is actually rude. You're being insulting. He expressed his opinion in a quick and concise manor and didn't call any one a name. Unless you consider being accused of being in a cult insulting in which case I would love to hear how major religions and cults differ other than size and social acceptance. It's especially telling that you called him a freak for not believing what you do.

That said, being a new yorker I know people personally who have lost in 9/11 and it is a somber day that deserves a bit of reflection.

God bless everyone (or no one).
    I was in south africa when it happened. A week later there were bin laden t-shirts in some of the shops. Now those have disappeared and there are obama shirts in there place. The same people who would wear such shirts idolized the US, I would guess they now wear obama shirts. These are some of the same people who thanked me, though I was in no way responsible, for helping end aparthide, simply because I am from the US.

Nobody should interpret this as political commentary, it is an ovservation and shows only that the world is complex and missunderstandings are pervasive.

I echo the hopes for peace.
    This is not a flame area....go do it somewhere else!
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 09/11/2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Meant for a post up a couple...just got in late, so no offense to the post directly above.
    Attacking one another in this forum is out of place, rude, and spits upon the graves of those who died 8 years ago.

Xenophonite has a right to his opinion, but his opinion is out of place. Brings to mind the misguided souls who protest at military funerals.

Jewel, you are not helping.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    ^Am sensitive to those who died, not those who promote a god to bless america... that is the true arragonce.

As far as ignorant, I would propose that faith is the source of ignorance - to ignore new information. The power of faith is that it allows you to believe anything you want with no accountability involving reason.
    Sensitive? You're sensitive? We are in mourning here and then you come down and lecture us! Is that being sensitive?

There is a time for argument about what you believe to be true and this is not it.

Show some respect even for a brief moment.
    What I'm pointing out is that it is the god bless America part. It's sad that that notion capitalizes on the tragedy. You don't have to wish for a supernatural force to bless only America and be the only subset of humanity that recognize the tragedy.

A thread that would have been started about the tragedy w/out a political/supernatural statement would have been much more appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    What I'm pointing out is that it is the god bless America part. It's sad that that notion capitalizes on the tragedy. You don't have to as for a supernatural force to bless only America and be the only subset of humanity that recognize the tragedy.

A thread that would have been started about the tragedy w/out a political/supernatural statement would have been much more appropriate.
    start one then.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    See this is actually rude. You're being insulting. He expressed his opinion in a quick and concise manor and didn't call any one a name. Unless you consider being accused of being in a cult insulting in which case I would love to hear how major religions and cults differ other than size and social acceptance. It's especially telling that you called him a freak for not believing what you do.

That said, being a new yorker I know people personally who have lost in 9/11 and it is a somber day that deserves a bit of reflection.

God bless everyone (or no one).
    The guy you're defending is the one who is rude. Why bring it on me? You do not know what 9/11 means to me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Attacking one another in this forum is out of place, rude, and spits upon the graves of those who died 8 years ago.

Xenophonite has a right to his opinion, but his opinion is out of place. Brings to mind the misguided souls who protest at military funerals.

Jewel, you are not helping.
    Pardon me for being so emotional but 9/11 means so much to me.
    Please close this thread moderator, someone is about to really go off and flame when they probably shouldnt and really offend people.

This is definately not the place or time. IMHO
    Everyone has their opinion, a voice, but also everyone else has the right to not be criticized in a harsh manner.
    My apologies, I'll leave this thread.

When I saw the title, I saw the irony that this is a religious war and the 'god bless america' attitude only fuels it. That is my point. I think the title of the thread is a pretty solid case in point. I've made my point, and I'll leave.
    +1 on remembering the bravery and the victims of this needless act.

I have to say that our firefighters, first responders, police, EMTs, and others who died in the line of service, as well as those who in the towers, the planes, and in the Pentagon will be remembered by all.

Every person has a right to their religious beliefs, and if they want their God to bless something, who is anyone else to stop them? The reality is that a belief in God requires both faith and reason. I respect those who have reasoned there is not a God as well as those who are not sure, but telling other people they are wrong is (minimally) not politically correct (if not downright rude and insensitive). I'm sure the response was not meant to sound as harsh as it did.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast