Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 174
  1. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #1  
    ACORN Outdoes Itself - WSJ.com

    "...ACORN officials in Baltimore offered to help get a housing loan and falsify tax documents for a proposed house of prostitution that would employ underage girls from El Salvador. The episode was captured on tape by an undercover filmmaker, James O'Keefe, who wanted to see just how far ACORN would go."
    Last edited by groovy; 09/10/2009 at 05:11 PM.
  2. #2  
    Take a look here:
    Big Government
  3. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #3  
    Apparently these two workers were fired today.
    Last edited by groovy; 09/11/2009 at 03:36 AM.
  4. #4  
    What always strikes me about the videos I see of Acorn stories are the quality of the employees that they hire.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #5  
    I was going to post this story here but did not think it was the right place. Since it is now brought up I would like to point out that the ONLY news channel repoerting about this corrupt company doing this is Fox News. Why? It is not that the story is not true. Is our media scared or just forgot what reporting really is? Just goes to show us AGAIN how one sided our media is. I for one am sick, tired and scared for this country.
  6. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I was going to post this story here but did not think it was the right place. Since it is now brought up I would like to point out that the ONLY news channel repoerting about this corrupt company doing this is Fox News. Why? It is not that the story is not true. Is our media scared or just forgot what reporting really is? Just goes to show us AGAIN how one sided our media is. I for one am sick, tired and scared for this country.
    The difference is that FOX News depends upon trivial, sensationalized political drama for its ratings. Other networks? Not so much.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    The difference is that FOX News depends upon trivial, sensationalized political drama for its ratings. Other networks? Not so much.
    Excuse me? You actually stated that when an organization that is involved in the political process (and linked to the President) has employees that instruct people on how to set up an illegal brothel/sex-slave trade using underage girls (to be claimed as DEPENDENTS on the "owners" taxes!!!), that it's a "trivial, sensationalized political drama??"

    Have you no shame? You'll let your partisan opinion of a news network allow you to excuse such heinous behavior. Sad.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Apparently these two workers were fired today.
    Well thank goodness that's all taken care of!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Excuse me? You actually stated that when an organization that is involved in the political process (and linked to the President) has employees that instruct people on how to set up an illegal brothel/sex-slave trade using underage girls (to be claimed as DEPENDENTS on the "owners" taxes!!!), that it's a "trivial, sensationalized political drama??"

    Have you no shame? You'll let your partisan opinion of a news network allow you to excuse such heinous behavior. Sad.
    Actually, he answered your question as to why the other channels haven't paid attention. They see it as trivial... and besides, it might harm Obama's jesus like image. He mirrors their perspective.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Excuse me? You actually stated that when an organization that is involved in the political process (and linked to the President) has employees that instruct people on how to set up an illegal brothel/sex-slave trade using underage girls (to be claimed as DEPENDENTS on the "owners" taxes!!!), that it's a "trivial, sensationalized political drama??"

    Have you no shame? You'll let your partisan opinion of a news network allow you to excuse such heinous behavior. Sad.
    Firstly, mine is not a partisan opinion. Research what gets covered, when it gets covered, and by what slant it gets covered and, by all sensible reason, the same conclusion will be drawn. Roger Ailes loves your patronage.

    As for ACORN, given the short thought process being given to the group, does the group who alerted authorities months prior to the election sound like the same group the GOP loves to hate:

    ACORN turns in Fla. workers on voter fraud charges

    MIAMI — Armed with a tip from the grassroots group ACORN about its own workers, authorities on Wednesday began arresting 11 people suspected of falsifying hundreds of voter applications during a registration drive last year.

    ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, has long been accused by Republican and conservative activists — fed by talk-radio hosts — of fraudulently registering voters. But Miami-Dade prosecutors gave credit to the group for coming forward and ACORN officials said they felt vindicated.

    “It shows that we take the integrity of our voter registration work with the utmost seriousness,” said ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring. “We turn in people who try to game the system.”

    Although ACORN is nonpartisan, its registration efforts focus on low-income and minority populations who tend to vote for Democrats; critics contend those efforts frequently bend or break registration rules. At times during the 2008 presidential campaign, people attending rallies for Republican nominee John McCain broke into chants of “No More ACORN!”

    Last year, ACORN’s national drive produced some 1.3 million voter applications.

    ACORN first detected problems in Miami-Dade County in June 2008, according to a letter the group wrote to prosecutors. Investigators eventually determined that 11 canvassers, who were paid between $8 and $10 an hour, were turning in fake registration cards, mostly from the Homestead area.

    “This is really about money. These are people who decided not to work,” said Ed Griffith, spokesman for Miami-Dade State Attorney Katharine Fernandez Rundle.

    The 11 workers each face multiple counts of two felony charges: false swearing in connection with voting and submission of false voter registration information. Each count is punishable by up to five years in prison.

    The suspects collectively turned in about 1,400 registration cards, of which 888 were later found to be faked. Some contained names of celebrities such as actor Paul Newman, while in other cases the same real voter’s name was used on multiple applications. There was no evidence anyone voted who should not have.

    The FBI and Florida Department of Law Enforcement had made five arrests by midday and were looking for the remaining suspects. ACORN officials said the group regularly reports suspected fraud to authorities nationwide but the Miami prosecution marks one of the few times the complaints were taken seriously.
  11. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #11  
    How stupid were those people? It was so obvious they were being set up. There was absolutely no shock or horror about anything they were told either. Just a really weird interaction, like they were talking about cats instead of 13 year old girls. They should go to jail. Doesn't necessarily mean ACORN is all bad though, these are two individuals. Maybe it is a widespread problem, but I would need to see more evidence.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I was going to post this story here but did not think it was the right place. Since it is now brought up I would like to point out that the ONLY news channel repoerting about this corrupt company doing this is Fox News. Why? [...]
    FWIW, I read about the story on MSNBC.com.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  13. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Excuse me? You actually stated that when an organization that is involved in the political process (and linked to the President) has employees that instruct people on how to set up an illegal brothel/sex-slave trade using underage girls (to be claimed as DEPENDENTS on the "owners" taxes!!!), that it's a "trivial, sensationalized political drama??"

    Have you no shame? You'll let your partisan opinion of a news network allow you to excuse such heinous behavior. Sad.
    Doesn't that tell you a lot about a person who so blatantly tries to distract from the issue. Fox news is the problem--not the organization that receives tax money and has its employees helping people establish underage sex-trade. No, of course not--that Fox news is really a problem for reporting on this "trivial" matter.

    Let this be a very clear lesson--people like this shill are out there, in force, and they are willing to say (and I suspect do) pretty much anything. This is the caliber of person who citizens need to beware of. They are not playing by any rules of decency or morality at all. Blatant dishonesty is not a problem for them.

    KAM
  14. #14  
    These people really believe that breaking laws are fine as long as it leads to their goals being met. To the people involved with ACORN, and those that defend them, it doesn't matter how you attain your goal of socialism, just that you get there. It's hardly news anymore.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Doesn't that tell you a lot about a person who so blatantly tries to distract from the issue. Fox news is the problem--not the organization that receives tax money and has its employees helping people establish underage sex-trade. No, of course not--that Fox news is really a problem for reporting on this "trivial" matter.

    Let this be a very clear lesson--people like this shill are out there, in force, and they are willing to say (and I suspect do) pretty much anything. This is the caliber of person who citizens need to beware of. They are not playing by any rules of decency or morality at all. Blatant dishonesty is not a problem for them.

    KAM
    Making it purely personal should be beneath you. A shame that it clearly is not. If you really want to make this about something it is not, we could always talk about Neil Bush and his prostitutes ... but, that would be beneath me.
  16. #16  
    When you have an organization that is so tightly connected to the government you may have to go to estreams to expose them. There is now Florida, New Orleans and now this. Lets just go for the start in Chicago. But that maybe we don't want to. That's were Obama started and it may open out the biggest nest. We may not like what we hear.
  17. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Making it purely personal should be beneath you. A shame that it clearly is not. If you really want to make this about something it is not, we could always talk about Neil Bush and his prostitutes ... but, that would be beneath me.
    Based on your shameless actions here, I'd not bet much is beneath you.

    Neil Bush and Prostitutes. Go ahead--start a thread on it. Of course that isn't your goal--your goal is to distract from the topic at hand.

    KAM
  18. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Based on your shameless actions here, I'd not bet much is beneath you.

    Neil Bush and Prostitutes. Go ahead--start a thread on it. Of course that isn't your goal--your goal is to distract from the topic at hand.

    KAM
    "Shameless actions"? That's a hoot!

    Try re-reading post #10, since you obviously avoided it the first time. It drives at the heart of this thread. Please keep it civil.
  19. #19  
    I think that much of America has forgotten the critical characteristics of effective journalism in a Western democracy.

    To get a quick and shocking insight into this spend 30 min. watching or listining to something like FOX news and then spend 30 min. with, for example, the BBC World News.

    I venture that nearly all thoughtful people will feel, after that experience, that they personally and American in general, is being insulted by the words and images being generated by 'mainstream' media outlets in the US.
  20. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    "Shameless actions"? That's a hoot!

    Try re-reading post #10, since you obviously avoided it the first time. It drives at the heart of this thread. Please keep it civil.
    No, this thread is about Acorn workers in Baltimore supporting illegal actions (or so they believed). You are posting something else in an attempt to distract from this horrible behavior.

    Yes, you are shameless, and I'm disgusted by you. You have an issue of people attempting to supporting underage girls being brought into this country illegally so they can be put into the sex trade, and your response is to attack the organization that reported on it.

    That tells me a lot about the type of person you are. Civility--you can't even manage decency.

    KAM
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions