Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Results 161 to 174 of 174
  1. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    For the record, you stated no intent, outside of an implied intent to expose the issue. Your enlightened revelation appears to rank up there with the discovery that the sky is blue. Are you the One?

    Hearing black apaches hovering overhead too? Why does the question strike fear in you so?
    I don't know why you're getting snarky about this. I'm just asking you to explain where you're coming from. Why wouldn't you want to do that?
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Just as Kenanator stated, BILLIONS in tax-dollars are being poured into Black Water who stand accused of real crime and abuse of children, not gotcha blog-stroking. ACORN's demise won't result in any political capital for Republicans. Go for it. Dems will laugh all the way to election night success parties in 13 months since Republicans are the party of No, and nothing else. No healthcare reform plan. No net growth in jobs since 1999. Who knows? Maybe another Republican will propose Tax-Rebate checks as their stimulus proposal!


    http://discussion.treocentral.com/calendar.php
    Really? Where are you getting informed?

    What part of the country is Blackwater operating in? I guess I missed that. I thought they were a private security force used in other countries. Hmm Google must be wrong. Granted I didnt read all the the links.

    Oh and thats a pretty graph. I made one just like it, but I didn't want to post it. I knew someone would complain about the source of the data. Good thing I know better than to ask you for a source huh? I should just google 'pretty graphs'.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3. #163  
    Office of the Speaker??!!! LOL...are you serious?? You have lost all credibility.

    Here is a little reply that I had on another thread to answer your party of "no" mantra and your claim that no alternative plans have been offered. /thread.

    "You must clearly have the same problem in recognizing things that many Democrats and liberals have. Republicans and some democrats have offered alternatives many times. You must have missed it because other than 1 cable news network it is rare that you will see these alternatives in the media. You must have missed it because like President Obama and the Democrats, you pretend there haven't been any alternatives offered by Republicans but even during the most recent address Republicans were waving their alternative plans for health care reform for millions to see (not to mention Obama). I guess you didn't see that though right?

    You must also think that Americans are stupid and are not paying attention. Its what your counting on. Your hoping that maybe we are not noticing these alternative plans...most of which make way more sense than the public option that you want to sneak or force by us. Where you are wrong is that we ARE paying attention and when you pretend to not notice people offering alternatives and expect us to believe your crap you wonder why Obama's approval ratings have dropped. Why nobody believes any member of Congress. Its things like that. Keep on doing this though. This will be the demise of this way of thinking. The more insane you sound..the better. 2010 can't come soon enough!

    Don't say that no alternative plans have been offered. Its insulting.

    BTW..if you haven't noticed. Democrats run everything right now. AND YOU STILL CAN'T PASS THE PUBLIC OPTION. Its not just Republicans. Its the MAJORITY of people. Stop pretending. Stop fooling yourself. You look silly."
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #164  
    I know this isn't the health care thread but what I find interesting, and what not many people are discussing, is the poll showing that although 51% of people think the government should guarantee health care for everyone, the numbers go down to 36% if it meant their taxes would have to be raised. I find that interesting because 32% of the tax filers pay no federal income taxes. And that's not including people who don't file at all.

    I'm not saying there's not overlap there. But I'm also not surprised that the amount of people who are willing to stick the cost of health care to the tax payers is pretty close to the amount of people who pay no federal income taxes at all.

    It's also telling that universal health care gets a 7% favorable bump when the pollsters stated the same old lie that 46 million Americans have no health care insurance. So, no wonder they keep touting this line.
    Last edited by groovy; 10/09/2009 at 01:53 AM.
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    You forgot the whole Crusade thing. Why not throw that in there as long as we're discussing unproven allegations? If they did these things the organization should not only be defunded but dissolved and the perpetrators imprisoned. Just like ACORN.
    OK, what about Locheed Martin and Northrop Grumman? The have paid billions in settlements to the government for their occasional misdealing. Do we stop giving them contracts as well? No, because on a whole they provide a service, much like Acorn. Sure you don't like it because they may not be on par with your agenda, but, except for a few bad apples, they do good. Black Water on the other hand, I do not understand. We have the best military in the world and we have to contract a "for hire" military?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Black Water is paid with my tax dollars, the very point Groovy is basing his displeasure regarding ACORN. Should those BILLIONS be ended due to allegations of impropriety? Real impropriety.
    I really have no problems with my tax dollars spent to kill bad guys. I am sure if Blackwater was a negotiating service you'd be much happier.

    Howling at the Moon again? It matters not where the chart came from as the chart was not the source of the polling numbers. Don't like it? Take it up with WSJ/NBS News, Kaiser Family Foundation, Quinnipiac, NYT/CBS News.
    Howling at the moon...youre so funny. Like I said, children's books.
    The chart does not have a link to the source. I could make a similar chart showing ANYTHING I want and using your logic it would be valid as long as the labels were WSJ/NBS News, Kaiser Family Foundation, Quinnipiac, NYT/CBS News. For a guy who acts so smart you sure miss a lot. I think I'll go out in the parking lot and poll the cars and see who is for healthcare. Don't worry I'll label it so you can't refute any of it.

    You sure make this fun.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I really have no problems with my tax dollars spent to kill bad guys. I am sure if Blackwater was a negotiating service you'd be much happier.
    Why do we need to pay tax dollars to Blackwater when we already have the greatest military on earth, also paid for by our tax dollars, in the same region?!?!?!?!?! So much for conservative spending theories!

    BTW those hired guns that you think are just killing bad guys are also killing civilians, for "sport", and also being accused of child prostitution!!! Your tax dollars at work.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  8. #168  
    1thing2add - You edit my statement about alternative plans suggesting that any alternative has to be Republican? The reason there is so much debate is because Democrats can't agree on the public option. Nothing to do with Republicans. Republicans basically have no say at the moment (this will change soon) and the "bi-partisan" efforts of your Speaker are non existent and you continue to flat out lie by saying that Republicans haven't offered up any ideas. Totally dishonest on your part but keep it going. That type of lying and deceit will lead to Dems losing their majority. Haven't you been listening to the voters? Clearly you haven't.

    In one of your earlier posts you suggest that there have been zero ideas offered up by Republicans with your "party of no" bumper sticker language and then you link me to a gross display of flat out lies by your beloved party? Seriously? Do you have any actual ideas or opinions of your own or do you just go around all day repeating talking points you've heard?

    One more thing. Your proof of voters preferring the public option is a chart created by the office of the speaker? Seriously? I literally laughed out loud when I saw that.
  9. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by V1cK dB View Post
    One more thing. Your proof of voters preferring the public option is a chart created by the office of the speaker? Seriously? I literally laughed out loud when I saw that.
    People do mostly support a public option... until they're reminded they have to pay for it.
  10. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    OK, what about Locheed Martin and Northrop Grumman? The have paid billions in settlements to the government for their occasional misdealing. Do we stop giving them contracts as well? No, because on a whole they provide a service, much like Acorn. Sure you don't like it because they may not be on par with your agenda, but, except for a few bad apples, they do good. Black Water on the other hand, I do not understand. We have the best military in the world and we have to contract a "for hire" military?
    Have these companies been shown to have widespread lack of accountibility from the very top to the very bottom? I think its very appropriate to put funding on hold until the mess can be sorted out.
  11. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    If that is your "argument", Prosecutor, you've not made the case. Either that or you have no idea of the breadth of ACORN.
    Then perhaps ACORN's defense should inform us.
  12. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #172  
    Your silence on the subject is noted and not unexpected.
  13. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #173  
    More silence. I guess the Defense rests.
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Your Defense appears to be AWOL.

    It's your argument. Sustain it.
    You mean the arguments you assume mine to be? Why would I defend them?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Posting Permissions