Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    ACORN's sourcing - it is a matter of public record. To answer your question, yes I am and it is disgusting that any thought remains to continue any of it. Are you aware of what a few of the investigations are showing? Are you aware that a relative of one of the big guys stole $1,000,000 and got away with - with the big guy's blessing. Are you? Read this - http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...zemwq.asp?pg=2

Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    The same law you use to destroy is a double-edged sword. Nice to have you on record for "not caring less" about the law you use as a weapon.

These highly edited, amateur videos proved that? Really? Where?

Have you any clue as to what percentage of ACORN's funding is derived from public funds?

You, the one who has no appreciation for the equal application of blind justice can say this with a straight face? Horse-hockey!
    Last edited by bclinger; 10/01/2009 at 10:01 PM.
    ... and the Whitewater .. errrr, I mean acorn slime machine continues ...

Obviously, some would prefer to stretch out in the back seat while others get out to push the vehicle at a time when this country needs all hands on deck.
    Thats right! At least they are doing something. Who cares if they are leaking money and committing crimes. It's the intent that matters right? And their intentions are good. Who cares if they violate laws. Thats just not the point. They are trying to make a difference.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Your defense of the slime machine is noted. Thanks for adding your dead-weight to the load.
    Awesome. One can always count on your positive and uplifting commentary. You should write children's books.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Let's try to raise the bar a little bit here. You guys know the drill.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    The 5 mill is just the tip of the iceberg. You know they've scammed many more millions. Thats just from one instance.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    The 5 mill is just the tip of the iceberg. You know they've scammed many more millions. Thats just from one instance.
    How many BILLIONS are we still paying Black Water for shooting civilians and child prostitution? Why do we even have them there to do the job our own military is fully capable of doing?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    How many BILLIONS are we still paying Black Water for shooting civilians and child prostitution? Why do we even have them there to do the job our own military is fully capable of doing?
    You forgot the whole Crusade thing. Why not throw that in there as long as we're discussing unproven allegations? If they did these things the organization should not only be defunded but dissolved and the perpetrators imprisoned. Just like ACORN.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    And once you've succeeded, then what?
    Organizations that abide by the law will fill in the gaps. What would you rather see happen?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Does a single legal allegation preclude an organization from being on your approved list to fill in those gaps? Two? Five? How many convictions precludes an organization from serving on your approved list? Or, is it a matter of how many dollars are effected by impropriety?

Please name some of those orgs whom you would have fill those opportunistic gaps?
    When it comes to using tax payer funds, its a matter of demonstrating there are controls in place to limit abuses.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So, you have no idea who you approve of or how to define who might be worthy of your approval. Certainly, you've got more in mind than this abstract, conceptual goal in mind?
    What would your objection to that goal be? If any.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Are you afraid of seeing your objective through to its logical conclusion? What's next after ACORN? Or is the destruction of ACORN the only objective?
    What do you think my "objective" is? And what do you think that objective's "logical conclusion" would be?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Give me a clue, professor? Should deductive reasoning be employed for your queries?
    I'm a big fan of deductive reasoning. Why don't you tell me where your deductive reasoning leads you?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    It's your thread, therefore your objective and you can't muster the integrity to be an adult about it? Why not shock every reader by just spitting out what your objective is by ranting about ACORN? What comes next after they are gone?
    It appears you believe you've deduced quite a lot about me, my integrity and my objectives. Would you like to tell us what you believe you've deduced and why you think my objectives would be shocking?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    No need to be so shy. Micael wasn't. But that still doesn't answer the question of what you replace ACORN with. Haven't really thought it through, huh?
    Shy? I'm just trying to understand what you think is going on here. Would you care to be specific?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Why are you taking issue with Micael's statement? After you've accomplished the stated goal of dismantling ACORN, what then? Who do you support to replace their efforts to register voters among the constituency ACORN previously served?
    Why are you arguing with me using statements I didn't make? And why aren't you answering my inquiries about what it is you believe to have deduced about me, my integrity and my objectives? You clearly seem to have given it quite a bit of thought.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You're obviously too shy to express your desires.
    If that were true then why argue at all if you have no point to argue? Unless you think you do have a point, which is what I'm asking you to provide.

This is not an academic exercise. Why not answer the direct questions before you without deflecting responsibility? Seems that would be a much more efficient use of time. IMO, of course.
    Direct questions with incorrect assumptions cannot be answered as stated. That is academic. That's why its important to make sure your assumptions are correct. The only way I can do this without your cooperation is to make assumptions about your point. But that wouldn't get us anywhere, would it?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Asked and answered. Your thread. Your intent. All I've done is ask questions to determine if you have an intent and if so, what it is. You avoid a responsible answer as if it would kill you.
    Sounds good. But, in reality, I've stated my intent for starting this thread long ago. Its still there if you'd like to look. But since you don't accept that you must think there is some other intent. What is that? And why?

The question most recently asked: "Who do you support to replace their efforts to register voters among the constituency ACORN previously served?" requires no such assumptions. And the answer is . . .?
    Was that really the question? Or was it part of a larger loaded question?
    The more people like 1thing2add type this insanity and the more liberals defend ACORN, the public option, etc...the happier I get. 1thing2add must really think that the average American is really stupid. Keep on defending ACORN. Keep on making a fool of yourself. This makes me look forward to 2010. Liberals are so happy they won the election that they feel that justifies any absurdity that they say during their leadership. They fool themselves of this so much that they lost touch with reality.

The American people are waking up. Your ridiculous defense of ACORN and your liberal friends trying to force the public option down our throats with a clear majority against it will be your demise. Keep it up. I can't wait!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast