Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    WOW!!! I'm... wow........
    I saw the Senate de-funding. A shame they already got $100 million or so (!).
    Also a shame to be a resident of Crook County...of the half dozen senators who voted against defunding them, BOTH of our Chicago thugs (Durbin and Burris) made the list.

As far as the videos continuing to come out, the guy & girl doing the investigating said they had several to be released. We can only hope they were smart enough to hold back until they had a dozen or so from all over to show how prevalent this is, otherwise the government-cheerleading "news" companies will just blow it off as a couple of bad apples and we'll get another "this is not the ACORN I knew" type excuse.

That they've been getting so much of our money and were about to be handed the census despite this kind of stuff and 20 or 30 states' worth of vote fraud is astounding.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I heard this couple is going to release another bombshell tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure how it gets worse than what's already been released.
    More advice on getting federal money, laundering income from turning tricks to fund a congressional campaign, oh and advice on importing 14 year old prostitutes and making sure they keep their mouths shut.

That somehow translates in the major media outlets as ACORN "helping them avoid taxes" and "condoning prostitution".

No mention of the preteen sex servants and how to keep them in line, somehow.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Dont forget about the admission of a potential murder in the most recent tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakej View Post
    Dont forget about the admission of a potential murder in the most recent tape.
    I'm pretty sure that one was shown to be a prank.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It was? When I saw it on Fox, it was covered like it wasn't a prank. It wasn't from the same undercover guy and gal?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't think it was a prank but a lie. The San Bernardino tape is unfortunate because it just shows, IMO, a mentally unstable woman. The fact that she was willing to break the law will get overlooked.
    If someone or someplace suddenly was accused of something wrong you would ask how, where, when and why. If the same was accused of things over and over again and then was accused of something else like a tape that is played non-stop unedited most logical people would say not again.

There are those that would put a spin on things. A spin is when you are presented with the truth (we hope) but in a manor where you are presented with an assumed decision not a presentation where you make your own decision. Kind of like chess where the presenter makes a presentation to get you to make the move that they want you to make.

The world is moving faster then ever these days and we all know it is only the start. So, just remember to stick with what your own beliefs are but at the same time think in a logical manor and form your own educated decision while asking how, where, when, why form BOTH sides.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I.R.S. Severs Acorn Ties; Group Sues Over Video

The tax agency said it would no longer include Acorn in its volunteer tax-assistance program, which provided free tax advice to about three million low- and moderate-income tax filers this spring.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I think ACORN will find that suing over the video is going to turn around and bite them where it hurts. Opens them up to civil investigations as part of "discovery".
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Shouldn't you at least give credit to the Conservative blogger/videographer who first made that statement?
    Huh? It's standard practice. Half the country knows they opened themselves up by playing the lawsuit card. But I'm curious now. Which blogger?
    An amazing feature here is that no one is seriously looking at the president's involvement, both past and current, with this group. This group with its long-known problems, illegal activities and attempts to avoid the public light when it does nastys. Heck, voter fraud was swept down the drain, even the stealing of $1,000,000 by the relative of a hi guy was swept under the thick pile carpet and not reported. Also to think that it can investigate itself and correct its many, many problems, what a great thought. Investigate itself and correct itself. Investigation done by the leadership of SEIC. Wow. Such transparency. Such crap.
    It was interesting to hear that Maryland is going after the 2 instead of going after the grime.

Reading the article linked below and at the end of it: "There do not appear to have been complaints about Acorn’s tax preparation efforts before the recent videos." What a bright statement. Why would anyone making an honest effort to screw the government squeal on themselves and ACORN. Really now. Brilliant.

Another quote:
    "The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or Acorn, has faced a deluge of criticism after a series of videos from hidden cameras caught staff members giving advice about tax evasion, human smuggling and child prostitution to James E. O’Keefe III and a partner, who were wearing disguises. Acorn announced it would sue Mr. O’Keefe and others involved in the video on Thursday in Maryland District Court, charging that he recorded the staff members without their consent, which is illegal." Guess the networks need to yell at the top of their microphones that they also wanna be sued for what little investigative reporting the do/have done. At one time didn't CBS really get in on this lovely activity? At one time didn't CBS push doors down, tape without permission, tape with hidden devicies and cram microphones/cameras in the face? Really now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/24/us...corn.html?_r=1

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Huh? It's standard practice. Half the country knows they opened themselves up by playing the lawsuit card. But I'm curious now. Which blogger?
    Last edited by bclinger; 09/24/2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    An amazing feature here is that no one is seriously looking at the president's involvement, both past and current, with this group.
    I'm sure some of that would come out if this thing went to court. That's why it probably won't go to court.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    washingtonpost.com

According to the Grassley report, charities "are being used to raise monies which are then funneled to other charities or to other organizations for purposes other than what the donor may have intended. . . . Dollars raised for charitable [purposes] appear to be used for impermissible lobbing and political activity."

ACORN officials, recently embarrassed by a video sting that showed counselors providing assistance to people posing as a pimp and a prostitute, said Grassley's accusations are based on financial transactions that occurred before a leadership shakeup last year. Bertha Lewis took over after co-founder and longtime director Wade Rathke was pushed to resign over his role in concealing from the full board his brother's embezzlement of ACORN money. Lewis said she has shut down dozens of affiliates.
    So now upwards of half the tens of millions in Fed money they've received over the past decade has been going through shell organizations to push their politics.

And yet still no RICO case.

Why does any of the money taken out of my paycheck go to any group on any side of the spectrum? How about let me support the groups I choose to, and stop robbing me to give them handouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I think ACORN will find that suing over the video is going to turn around and bite them where it hurts. Opens them up to civil investigations as part of "discovery".
    Acorn is going down for the count, but I still think they're correct in pressing charges. It is illegal to tape people w/o their knowledge. If you aren't law enforcement with a search warrant, undercover investigation and all the other legalese, you broke the law. Let the producer and the pretend hooker go to jail for their illegal practices and beliefs.

They were willing to accept those consequences and how many other people did they tape who weren't breaking the law so that they can get to the ones who would. It still doesn't change that they violated a lot of people's privacy on their hunt to find the illegal.

You can probably go to any government office, denomination of church, or huge charity and find people breaking the law if you move from place to place and keep searching. Remember FEMA, the Social Workers in San Diego, etc.

I'm more concerned about all my elected officials breaking laws, lining their pocket with borderline legal practices, and taking advantage of their position to rape tax payers.

I want undercover stories of these issues, before the politicians are stupid enough to get caught on open mics, etc. Give me the people who put the money in play. Not some worker who gets caught doing something illegal. People embezzle and do stupid stuff everyday. I want the person who's really profiting and making thousands or millions.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Let the producer and the pretend hooker go to jail for their illegal practices and beliefs.
    Is this really what you meant to say?

Give me the people who put the money in play. Not some worker who gets caught doing something illegal. People embezzle and do stupid stuff everyday. I want the person who's really profiting and making thousands or millions.
    Then you want Dale Rathke, the brother of ACORN's founder, who embezzled nearly $1 million from ACORN in 1999-2000 but was allowed to remain on the payroll for another 8 years.