Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Reasonable? Possibly. But far too late where this thread is concerned with its intentional taint.
    My original post neither added to the story nor editorialized. The "taint" is ACORN's to own and to rectify.
    There is no way an honest person can defend the actions of ACORN and its employees. It is not a matter of political advantage nor a matter of politics. It shows the organization as it is and it shows that your president's association with this group needs to be brought to light, investigated and acted upon.

No one has disputed that these acts were disgusting. It's self-evident, is it not? What is misguided, at best IMO, is using this episode as a means of political advantage. It's tragic for all involved and should be beyond politics.
    The problem here though is that the Democrat party is lined heavily with elements that the Republican party would be deeply and continually criticized about by the press. Where is the press with this? Did the press report on this when it initially surfaced last week? Did the press discuss the situation involving Van Jones? No on both. There is nothing on the right that comes close to ACRON. Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The problem here though is that the Democrat party is lined heavily with elements that the Republican party would be deeply and continually criticized about by the press. Where is the press with this? Did the press report on this when it initially surfaced last week? Did the press discuss the situation involving Van Jones? No on both. There is nothing on the right that comes close to ACRON. Nothing.
    I usually just ignore anything you write because it's nonsensical, a waste of bandwidth and of no value, and this is not an issue I really care about, but two people do not make up ACORN. There are bad people in any organization. And to say there's nothing on the right that comes close to ACORN is whimsical. How about torture, invading other countries inappropriately, being responsible for the unwarranted deaths of thousands of Americans, hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens of other countries, tearing up the constitution and ignoring civil rights, lying to congress, turning the entire civilized world against us, and lining the pockets of their friends and drug companies with taxpayer money? And you dare compare the independent actions of two idiots to the devastation wrought on the country by the "right"? Laughable.
    And the dems todays are doing better? Aww man anonther moth in my wallet.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    My original post neither added to the story nor editorialized. The "taint" is ACORN's to own and to rectify.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy
    So, let's out all the good and the bad and see how this organization uses our money. Sound reasonable?
    You made the suggestion, presumably within the context of this very thread, and received your answer. There's your taint.

As I've also stated, this clearly appears to be a hill you and others chose to die on. So be it. What is sad is that even Richard Nixon had the capacity to recognize, at least publicly, that he only burned himself by engaging in the politics of mutual destruction. Enjoy the clambake!
    FYI, posting in OT does not raise your post count. 1thing2add has posted quite a bit in the health care thread as well.

Now, I'm not saying he's not an ACORN shill, just saying. Just kidding.
    I doubt he's an ACORN shill. I also highly doubt that his current post count is all that he's posted. And that's all I have to say about that.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You made the suggestion, presumably within the context of this very thread, and received your answer. There's your taint.
    So we shouldn't want to know how our tax money is being spent?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I usually just ignore anything you write because it's nonsensical, a waste of bandwidth and of no value, and this is not an issue I really care about, but two people do not make up ACORN. There are bad people in any organization. And to say there's nothing on the right that comes close to ACORN is whimsical. How about torture, invading other countries inappropriately, being responsible for the unwarranted deaths of thousands of Americans, hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens of other countries, tearing up the constitution and ignoring civil rights, lying to congress, turning the entire civilized world against us, and lining the pockets of their friends and drug companies with taxpayer money? And you dare compare the independent actions of two idiots to the devastation wrought on the country by the "right"? Laughable.
    Thanks for placing this in more appropriate context where government abuses of the public trust and their (our) costs are concerned.
    Something about ACORN and the U.S. Census:

Big Government
    Something about ACORN and the U.S. Census:

Big Government
    Excellent.....no ACORN messing up the census! I was quite concerned about them having anything to do with the census. How would we be able to trust any results with them involved? Another high-five to Beck! He has constantly exposed this group as being a bunch of liars and cheats, and with the recent video showing on tape how they cannot be trusted, nice to see the government make the correct decision!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    As I said previously, on its face, it is vile, even if not representative of the whole of the organization. To differ with the latter certainly makes clear that the posting's purpose is to stir the pot and use this sad event for political gain.
    If the act itself is vile and bad no matter what organization did it, why then is it not newsworthy enough for any of the networks besides Fox?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    now it looks like HUD housing and ACORN might sever ties. Government has just started to look in this box.
    Which is fine. You do an excellent job though in repeating the liberal line. However, what on the right does come close to ACORN? Your babbling does not show anything coming close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Started to look in the box only because it was to their advantage in the past not to do so. With people complaining about the situation, not looking in to it is political suicide. Now that they look in to it they can say they looked in to it and ignore it. Life continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    now it looks like HUD housing and ACORN might sever ties. Government has just started to look in this box.
    Started to look in the box only because it was to their advantage in the past not to do so. With people complaining about the situation, not looking in to it is political suicide. Now that they look in to it they can say they looked in to it and ignore it. Life continues.
    100% correct. Since they have taken notice the only way that the cord will be cut is if the public keeps the pressure on. If we the people back off and just say ok they are looking into it now, the government will let it go all day. This is not a Dem or Rep. thing. It is general (all group) politics.
  17. KAM1138
    Well, see--anything YOU post is politically motivated and biased, but those who oppose you--well, their position is correct, and not biased.

Entering into a "discussion" with someone who has such an inherently dishonest premise for their position is pretty much worthless. It isn't a starting point of holding a certain point of view--it is that there is only one point of view to be had, and others are flawed, biased, or just unacceptable.

When someone exposes horrible behavior on the side they prefer, they attack those who report it. If you make a point that they disagree with, they attack you, but not only that, but your right to even have that point of view. IF you have that point of view it MUST be the result of some sort of problem of yours. YOUR bias, your wrongness in some way.

In other words--you are dealing someone who simply has no grounding in reality other than their own preference. Nothing else is valid to them.

Of course that is incompatible with a free society or democracy or most other ethical systems.

KAM
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Looks like the New York Acorn office also assisted this couple with their prostitute house. This couple are very smart, they knew Acorn would react to their first video and did not show their entire hand. Can't wait to see the news reaction now.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Which is fine. You do an excellent job though in repeating the liberal line. However, what on the right does come close to ACORN? Your babbling does not show anything coming close to it.
    meh.... there's corruption on both sides of the fence. Maybe not as organized as ACORN, but be certain that that axe swings both ways and we need to be watchful for any corruption and misuse of our tax dollars.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    meh.... there's corruption on both sides of the fence. Maybe not as organized as ACORN, but be certain that that axe swings both ways and we need to be watchful for any corruption and misuse of our tax dollars.
    Hello Micael,

Yes, there is widespread corruption. I advocate citizens demanding this end, and not tolerating it any longer, regardless of what party is in power.

Citizens are being fooled into the Republican vs Democrat argument--which serves to distract us from the actual fight--citizens vs corrupt government (to the extent it is corrupt).

However, there are so many shills who are more than happy to toe their party line--at the expense of the public at large.

I don't care what party they are in--if they are in bed with corrupt organizations, funding pet projects at our expense, creating dependency for their benefit, wasting money, etc--go after all of them.

I find it really unfunny that a political party attacks the other for "special interests" and "corruption" while happily engaging in the exact same practices. Someone mentioned Charlie Rangel. There are others as well. I seem to recall now-Speaker Pelosi promising the most accountable Congress ever. So much for that. It will shift sooner or later and we'll hear the same from the other side, but we shouldn't tolerate this from anyone.

KAM