Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 174
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Thanks for the perfectly clear universal clarification that the purpose of this thread has nothing to do with news out of Baltimore, but about the politics of mutual destruction. Cheers!
    I don't think replying to you is even worth the effort but my post had to do with the quote "Trivial" when referring to lack of the alphabet networks reporting on this subject.

    Acorn is crooked and everyone with an open eye should see that.

  2. #42  
    My point is not to pick apart your issues but to highlight the critical importance of speaking about these matters from a position of well documented, well reasoned, and well vetted fact based evidence rather than emotion or hear-say. It is hard to do and the mainstream media in the US make it even harder with their amazing lack of these things but we must strive to insure that it is a key aspect of our decision making for our democracy to thrive!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Well I guess I can start with this link to court documents showing financial issues.
    http://flutemandy.files.wordpress.co...-v-rathke1.pdf

    I am sure someone is looking for me to post some Fox News articles but I guarantee all that would create is more Fox bashing.

    I work for a living so I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands but I will try and look up some more info.
  3. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    A local radio station is doing a remote broadcast today at 4 at a restaurant across the street from ACORN headquarters. They want people to bring signs such as "We are watching you"

    BTW. Before the election an ACORN worker asked me (as I was coming out of a Welfare office building that I work in) to register to vote.

    When I told her I was already registered, she begged me to register again because she has a quota she gets paid for and would like to be able to go home. I told her that was illegal, she said that's ok, they will just throw it out, but she can still get paid.

    I called to report this and nobody would do anything about it.
    What was the name and position of the person you reported?

    At what location was she assigned?

    Who did you report her actions to?

    What was their location and title?

    A better vetted ACORN only produces better bottom-line results for all concerned.

    When broadsiding another person, in public and on the internet, one should bring along as much verifiable information as possible. You wouldn't want anyone to think you were just making this stuff up in order to pile-on for the sake of political exploitation, would you?
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    Thanks for the perfectly clear universal clarification that the purpose of this thread has nothing to do with news out of Baltimore, but about the politics of mutual destruction. Cheers!
    Please define "politics of mutual destruction".

    Also, since I posted the thread, I'll tell you my purpose for doing so. I think its disgusting. Pure and simple. The way these two women offer assistance, apparently without a shred of shame, to two people who are ostensibly pimping and abusing under-aged girls is almost mind-boggling. And the fact that they're doing this on the tax-payer's dime should have people fuming. Apparently, it does have people fuming but for very different reasons that I thought. Still, if this is a not a subject worthy of some discussion, I don't know what is.
  5. brain26's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    What was the name and position of the person you reported?

    At what location was she assigned?

    Who did you report her actions to?

    What was their location and title?

    A better vetted ACORN only produces better bottom-line results for all concerned.

    When broadsiding another person, in public and on the internet, one should bring along as much verifiable information as possible. You wouldn't want anyone to think you were just making this stuff up in order to pile-on for the sake of political exploitation, would you?
    Looks like the videos in question answer all of your answer so do you defend the actions of Acorn in these videos?
  6. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Please define "politics of mutual destruction".

    Also, since I posted the thread, I'll tell you my purpose for doing so. I think its disgusting. Pure and simple. The way these two women offer assistance, apparently without a shred of shame, to two people who are ostensibly pimping and abusing under-aged girls is almost mind-boggling. And the fact that they're doing this on the tax-payer's dime should have people fuming. Apparently, it does have people fuming but for very different reasons that I thought. Still, if this is a not a subject worthy of some discussion, I don't know what is.
    No one has disputed that these acts were disgusting. It's self-evident, is it not? What is misguided, at best IMO, is using this episode as a means of political advantage. It's tragic for all involved and should be beyond politics.
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    No one has disputed that these acts were disgusting. It's self-evident, is it not? What is misguided, at best IMO, is using this episode as a means of political advantage. It's tragic for all involved and should be beyond politics.
    So, are you saying it is newsworthy and not trivial and sensationalizing?
  8. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So, are you saying it is newsworthy and not trivial and sensationalizing?
    As I said previously, on its face, it is vile, even if not representative of the whole of the organization. To differ with the latter certainly makes clear that the posting's purpose is to stir the pot and use this sad event for political gain.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    What was the name and position of the person you reported?
    At what location was she assigned?
    Who did you report her actions to?
    What was their location and title?
    A better vetted ACORN only produces better bottom-line results for all concerned.
    When broadsiding another person, in public and on the internet, one should bring along as much verifiable information as possible. You wouldn't want anyone to think you were just making this stuff up in order to pile-on for the sake of political exploitation, would you?
    The person would not give me her name, there were about 5 people from ACORN on the corner of Canal St. and Claiborne Ave., It was about 11:30 AM (I was going to lunch) New Orleans, LA. I don't remember the exact date, but it was about 1 week before the deadline to register to vote. I reported it by calling the Secretary of State, State of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA. I spoke to the receptionist, she took my information and said "Thank you" and that was it.

    Calling the Police would not have been the thing to do. They have to respond based on the severity of the emergency and since no one was getting injured there is no way they would have been able to respond before these people left.

    If this were to ever happen again, I will take a picture with my Pre and post it on the internet!!!

    Enough details for you?
  10. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    As I said previously, on its face, it is vile, even if not representative of the whole of the organization. To differ with the latter certainly makes clear that the posting's purpose is to stir the pot and use this sad event for political gain.
    Why would differing with the idea that this action is not representative of ACORN as an organization be "stirring the pot"? I don't get that.
  11. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Why would differing with the idea that this action is not representative of ACORN as an organization be "stirring the pot"? I don't get that.
    It would possibly be symptomatic of a skewed political view, just for starters. Consider this: How much time have you, individually, spent with any part of their org (outside of media-watching for news stories like this)? When was the last time you dug focusing for positive news reports on ACORN?

    The point being, if I so chose to have a bias along with a political chip on my shoulder, I could dismember United Way in a way to make it unrecognizable to any person not knowing any differently.
  12. #52  
    I have been sitting back and watching this thread off and on today. The hardest post to understand is this latest one.

    Saying Acorn and United Way in the same post. You have got to be kidding. I have never seen someone from United Way be disruptive in an organized way at any political event. I have not seen anyone or heard of anyone that works directly for United Way get as rich.

    Let me ask this. You are saying that if a company has disruptive individuals in the extream way like ACORN has, multiple on going investigations, has multiple arrest, is forceful to the average person, blocks voters from town hall meetings and found to attempt to fix elections while the whole time being given money from our government.... we should look for the good in ACORN. Are you kidding. They are one of the most corrupt Organizations we HAVE TO come in contact with today. THEY ARE TAKING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND DO AS THEY WISH. I said that we may not want to look at them in Chicago since we might not like the connected outcomes. I hope we have already started.

    Or maybe we should just hold apple and palm hearings like was done with microsoft. Yea, we should do that, ACORN is not that bad.
  13. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I have been sitting back and watching this thread off and on today. The hardest post to understand is this latest one.

    Saying Acorn and United Way in the same post. You have got to be kidding. I have never seen someone from United Way be disruptive in an organized way at any political event. I have not seen anyone or heard of anyone that works directly for United Way get as rich.

    Let me ask this. You are saying that if a company has disruptive individuals in the extream way like ACORN has, multiple on going investigations, has multiple arrest, is forceful to the average person, blocks voters from town hall meetings and found to attempt to fix elections while the whole time being given money from our government.... we should look for the good in ACORN. Are you kidding. They are one of the most corrupt Organizations we HAVE TO come in contact with today. THEY ARE TAKING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND DO AS THEY WISH. I said that we may not want to look at them in Chicago since we might not like the connected outcomes. I hope we have already started.

    Or maybe we should just hold apple and palm hearings like was done with microsoft. Yea, we should do that, ACORN is not that bad.
    The point which seems to be so easily overlooked is that I provided an analogy to show that any/all orgs can be painted in any direction if the will is simply present.

    As for the allegations you present, the same can be said for virtually every major political party throughout US history, their "unaffiliated" 527 groups, major industries in the pocket of politicians, and the list goes on. If anyone thinks that taking down ACORN brick-by-brick improves the legitimacy of elections, you have my blessing, though I also believe you're fooling yourself and wasting a very limited resource. Good luck with your deconstruction!
  14. brain26's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #54  
    Want to talk about news?

    Acorn no longer will participate in 2010 Census!

    ap census bureau acorn - Google News

    HAHA, Acorn was exposed by two amateurs Someone should hire those 2 and give them an award for their work.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    The point which seems to be so easily overlooked is that I provided an analogy to show that any/all orgs can be painted in any direction if the will is simply present.

    As for the allegations you present, the same can be said for virtually every major political party throughout US history, their "unaffiliated" 527 groups, major industries in the pocket of politicians, and the list goes on. If anyone thinks that taking down ACORN brick-by-brick improves the legitimacy of elections, you have my blessing, though I also believe you're fooling yourself and wasting a very limited resource. Good luck with your deconstruction!
    wow! You right 527, they took freely given donations and exsposed truth. According to you we should be uninformed and let the government just take all out rights and freedoms one at a time and allow organizations like ACORN go unexsposed. The way you defend them and yes you are defending them, it would not be strang if there was a member or two here that does work for ACORN. We do have a big membership here. Then again maybe only one that gets paid be our over taxation... hmmm
  16. #56  
    Gee, I wonder if 1thing2add works for ACORN?

    Just joined the board last month...Only 5 post...Only post are replies to defend ACORN nothing else....hmmm

    Better watch out 1thing2add the squirrels might get you!

    ACORN, Someone's watching you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Technologic 2; 09/11/2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Add to it
  17. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    It would possibly be symptomatic of a skewed political view, just for starters. Consider this: How much time have you, individually, spent with any part of their org (outside of media-watching for news stories like this)? When was the last time you dug focusing for positive news reports on ACORN?

    The point being, if I so chose to have a bias along with a political chip on my shoulder, I could dismember United Way in a way to make it unrecognizable to any person not knowing any differently.
    I'm not exactly sure what a "skewed political view" is but we're certainly all allowed to have and to share our political views. And I also welcome you or anyone else to post positive things that ACORN has done so as to give a more leveled perspective. But I won't hide my perspective. I believe this organization, based on its founding, its history, and its present day activities, is rife with illegal activities from top to bottom. And I also think that to give ACORN a pass on this also belies a willingness to look the other way when politically expedient.

    So, let's out all the good and the bad and see how this organization uses our money. Sound reasonable?
  18. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
       #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Gee, I wonder if 1thing2add works for ACORN?

    Just joined the board last month...Only 5 post...Only post are replies to defend ACORN nothing else....hmmm

    Better watch out 1thing2add the squirrels might get you!

    ACORN, Someone's watching you!
    FYI, posting in OT does not raise your post count. 1thing2add has posted quite a bit in the health care thread as well.

    Now, I'm not saying he's not an ACORN shill, just saying. Just kidding.
  19. #59  
    You are right, there have been other post, my mistake.

    But, still obviously an ACORN nut
  20. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So, let's out all the good and the bad and see how this organization uses our money. Sound reasonable?
    Reasonable? Possibly. But far too late where this thread is concerned with its intentional taint.

    As for all the other barbed accusations, No, I do not work or operate with ACORN, not that it would matter if I currently did. A genuinely wise truism I once learned could certainly be applied here: "In order to be understood, you must first understand". Just another way of saying "He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone" or "Walk a mile, then speak". You get the idea. Good luck with your political torchfire, in the meantime.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions