Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 174
  1. brain26's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #21  
    HAHA,,

    Looks like another office of ACORN did it also!
  2. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    No, this thread is about Acorn workers in Baltimore supporting illegal actions (or so they believed). You are posting something else in an attempt to distract from this horrible behavior.

    Yes, you are shameless, and I'm disgusted by you. You have an issue of people attempting to supporting underage girls being brought into this country illegally so they can be put into the sex trade, and your response is to attack the organization that reported on it.

    That tells me a lot about the type of person you are. Civility--you can't even manage decency.

    KAM
    So, by your very own words (but lacking the evidence to back them up), I'm a "liar", "shameless", "insane", "indecent", and "disgusting"? And you call me less than civil? Keep swinging, Casey! You've got a very long, long way to go before getting under my skin.

    Forgive my attention to the pattern which has emerged of using this site as a platform for propagandizing certain narrowly-defined points of political view, at the expense of a fair, calm, rational discussion which does not demean others.
  3. #23  
    sometimes we need to look from outside the box or outside the box.
  4. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    So, by your very own words (but lacking the evidence to back them up), I'm a "liar", "shameless", "insane", "indecent", and "disgusting"? And you call me less than civil? Keep swinging, Casey! You've got a very long, long way to go before getting under my skin.

    Forgive my attention to the pattern which has emerged of using this site as a platform for propagandizing certain narrowly-defined points of political view, at the expense of a fair, calm, rational discussion which does not demean others.
    How about sociopath? I don't care about "getting under your skin." You greatly overestimate your importance.

    KAM
  5. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    How about sociopath? I don't care about "getting under your skin." You greatly overestimate your importance.

    KAM
    If I greatly "overestimate my importance" (something I've never assumed, stated, or even considered), you greatly devalue your time spent addressing me. But, thanks for the warm welcome anyway!
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #26  
    Well, even a broken clock is right two times a day.

    KAM
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1thing2add View Post
    The difference is that FOX News depends upon trivial, sensationalized political drama for its ratings. Other networks? Not so much.
    Trivial?
    Do you realize Acorn has received Billions of tax payers money?
    Do you realize Acorn has signed up to take part in the 2010 Census?
    Do you realize Acorn employees have been convicted of Voter fraud?
    Do you realize Acorn is just using these workers as scape goats so they don't get their own hands dirty?
    Do you realize Obama endorses this organization?

    Obama said to judge him by those he surrounds himself with and I don't like who he standing next to.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Well, even a broken clock is right two times a day.

    KAM
    Lol so true. Hope ACORN does not do two bad issues every day.
  9. brain26's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Trivial?
    Do you realize Acorn has received Billions of tax payers money?
    Do you realize Acorn has signed up to take part in the 2010 Census?
    Do you realize Acorn employees have been convicted of Voter fraud?
    Do you realize Acorn is just using these workers as scape goats so they don't get their own hands dirty?
    Do you realize Obama endorses this organization?

    Obama said to judge him by those he surrounds himself with and I don't like who he standing next to.

    You think the supporters of Acorn will address your questions?

    Don't forget these questions.

    Will Acorn count all the illegal UNDERAGE prostitutes in the census?
    Will the IRS go back and audit all Acorn assisted tax returns now?
  10. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Lol so true. Hope ACORN does not do two bad issues every day.
    Well, I'm sure some people would like to forward the notion that these are unique incidents. The fact is that there is a pattern. Does the pattern damn the whole organization? I'd not claim that, but it does indicate that someone should be taking a very close look at them. Where they are is smoke there is very often fire.

    The existence of so many instances of wrongdoing is at a minimum an indication of lack of sufficient oversight by the leadership of this organization.

    KAM
  11. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by brain26 View Post
    Will Acorn count all the illegal UNDERAGE prostitutes in the census?
    I'm quite sure they would in fact be counted--not just by ACORN, but by any census worker. They aren't counting citizens, just bodies, and often--they aren't even counting. The census uses estimates as well.

    KAM
  12. #32  
    You have a very long list of significant concerns here. Can you post references for each one so we can explore them in more detail? It would help the discussion to be able to frame these concerns in their full context.

    Thanks, looking forward to reading the references!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Trivial?
    Do you realize Acorn has received Billions of tax payers money?
    Do you realize Acorn has signed up to take part in the 2010 Census?
    Do you realize Acorn employees have been convicted of Voter fraud?
    Do you realize Acorn is just using these workers as scape goats so they don't get their own hands dirty?
    Do you realize Obama endorses this organization?

    Obama said to judge him by those he surrounds himself with and I don't like who he standing next to.
  13. #33  
    Kam, Thank you. You have made my day a lot better. I'm just gonna walk around and say KAMROCKS! all day now.

    1thing, wow. I have nothing else to say but wow. You sir, or madam, are what we common American folk call an "elitist." It's either your way, or no way, and if it's not your way you will say and do whatever you can to go in a different way.

    This is not some trivial reportable issue that Fox News has some how made into a bigger deal than it really is. This is a major news story when it comes to BILLIONS of tax dollars being used illegally. It was not Barry O did this and they did that, NO, it was ACORN offers tax cheating tips to prostitutes and helps setup a low cost sex slave trade organization.

    1thing, with your amazing word skills, and your uncanny ability to re-read your post and ensure they are uber-elite to the rest of us "common" folk, could you please explain how this particular case is trivial to the point that only Fox News provides adequate coverage? Now, no going back and forth and using keen distraction points and changing of the subject. You are TOO elite for that sir, or madam. Stick to the point. I will say it one last time in closing...

    How is this story on an ACORN office in Baltimore, the new one about the prostitutes and sex slaves, so trivial and crazy that no other media outlet in America, but Fox, will cover it?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My answer, they are just a little way to deep in the mud with a certain political party and can not afford to drag a certain group (ACORN) down because of the ties and hand shakes and what nots. Let's face it, you libs swallowed the whole ACORN wad and now you gotta keep it down, no spitters in the Lib party, keep on swallowin!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    [...] There is now Florida, New Orleans and now this. [...]
    New Orleans? Please tell me you're not falling for the Glenn Beck nonsense about Katrina. Quite frankly, it's just as insane as the Bush/Yakuza/Weather Machine nonsense.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  15. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Kam, Thank you. You have made my day a lot better. I'm just gonna walk around and say KAMROCKS! all day now.

    1thing, wow. I have nothing else to say but wow. You sir, or madam, are what we common American folk call an "elitist." It's either your way, or no way, and if it's not your way you will say and do whatever you can to go in a different way.

    This is not some trivial reportable issue that Fox News has some how made into a bigger deal than it really is. This is a major news story when it comes to BILLIONS of tax dollars being used illegally. It was not Barry O did this and they did that, NO, it was ACORN offers tax cheating tips to prostitutes and helps setup a low cost sex slave trade organization.

    1thing, with your amazing word skills, and your uncanny ability to re-read your post and ensure they are uber-elite to the rest of us "common" folk, could you please explain how this particular case is trivial to the point that only Fox News provides adequate coverage? Now, no going back and forth and using keen distraction points and changing of the subject. You are TOO elite for that sir, or madam. Stick to the point. I will say it one last time in closing...

    How is this story on an ACORN office in Baltimore, the new one about the prostitutes and sex slaves, so trivial and crazy that no other media outlet in America, but Fox, will cover it?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    My answer, they are just a little way to deep in the mud with a certain political party and can not afford to drag a certain group (ACORN) down because of the ties and hand shakes and what nots. Let's face it, you libs swallowed the whole ACORN wad and now you gotta keep it down, no spitters in the Lib party, keep on swallowin!
    I'll just tell you now--don't waste your time. I made the mistake of assuming (at first) that this person had a shred of sincerity or had some intention of being reasonable. It really isn't the case. You might be tempted to play that game, but trust me--it isn't worth it.

    KAM
  16. 1thing2add's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Trivial?
    Do you realize Acorn has received Billions of tax payers money?
    Do you realize Acorn has signed up to take part in the 2010 Census?
    Do you realize Acorn employees have been convicted of Voter fraud?
    Do you realize Acorn is just using these workers as scape goats so they don't get their own hands dirty?
    Do you realize Obama endorses this organization?

    Obama said to judge him by those he surrounds himself with and I don't like who he standing next to.
    Thanks for the perfectly clear universal clarification that the purpose of this thread has nothing to do with news out of Baltimore, but about the politics of mutual destruction. Cheers!
  17. #37  
    All political views aside, what ACORN did was wrong and I hardly think that firing the employees rectifies the whole situation.
  18. #38  
    A local radio station is doing a remote broadcast today at 4 at a restaurant across the street from ACORN headquarters. They want people to bring signs such as "We are watching you"

    BTW. Before the election an ACORN worker asked me (as I was coming out of a Welfare office building that I work in) to register to vote.

    When I told her I was already registered, she begged me to register again because she has a quota she gets paid for and would like to be able to go home. I told her that was illegal, she said that's ok, they will just throw it out, but she can still get paid.

    I called to report this and nobody would do anything about it.
  19. brain26's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #39  
    The IRS should audit every person who received tax advice from those 2 acorn locations.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    You have a very long list of significant concerns here. Can you post references for each one so we can explore them in more detail? It would help the discussion to be able to frame these concerns in their full context.

    Thanks, looking forward to reading the references!
    Well I guess I can start with this link to court documents showing financial issues.
    http://flutemandy.files.wordpress.co...-v-rathke1.pdf

    I am sure someone is looking for me to post some Fox News articles but I guarantee all that would create is more Fox bashing.

    I work for a living so I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands but I will try and look up some more info.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions