1.    #1  
    I would imagine that many of you have more than one computer sitting near your desk. I recently came across what looks to be an old idea.

Essentialy, a KVM (keyboard/video/mouse) is a hub that allows one keyboard/video display/mouse control multiple computers. Perhaps it can be viewed more simply as a switch.

Tom's Hardware has a review of four basic models allowing for one set of inputs to control two computers.

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experiences? Any recommendations? I have questions too regarding Microsoft keyboards (like the Office one) and mice - i.e. are the KVM that support the added functionality?

Enjoy!
    I have used the 2 Linksys (http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...rid=25&prid=99) for personal use. They work pretty well. And the kit comes with cables. You can swith between the 2 PC via the keyboard (hit ctrl twice) of hit the buttun on the device.

Doesn't do USB or Audio.

Cost $54 at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20

At work I use a 4 port from write-lite. It uses the print screen key to do the switching.

The Omni view looks good though just because of the audio. I wish I would of known about it earlier. Darn.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The Omnicube is great. It's got keyboard shortcuts to control which computer is being used at the current time.

They've got a 2 and a 4 port model. Just to point out that you'll need to buy the cord-sets as well. They run about $10 apiece I believe.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the response. Do you know if they will accept the 5-button mouse or Microsoft Office Keyboard with all of its buttons?

thanks
    I don't believe that themouse or keyboard type matters as it simply passes through the switch into the different computers. The OS matters though.
    Most of the KVM's act as a simple pass through -- so mice and keyboards don't matter .. HOWEVER, on an older Linksys 2port, I did have an issue where the middle wheel would not operate ... Other than that, I haven't had any issues (except for the CTRL key being the switch for the newer Linksys models -- I have inadvertently switched several times due to accidently double clicking the CTRL key..)