1.    #1  
    Is there any sites better than audible.com?
    I am going to sell my car soon and start taking chicago's public transportation, cause I am tired of wasting money and time trying to find parking.
    This is going to add another 30min.-45min. to my travel time(depending on the weather) And i would like to make that time productive. Given i wont be able to bring a book cause i will be traveling in rush hour and wont be sitting.
    I just thought it would be a good idea to listen to books. Even if the guy or chick reading it is probably on crack.
    I would be cool to listen to Nietzsche read by Arnold Scwartzenagger
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Originally posted by culo77
    Is there any sites better than audible.com?
    Not sure what you mean by better sites, but I've been an audible member for a few months now and have been very happy with them. Selection is good, prices are great, and software is okay as well. No, this is not a paid ad, just a very satisfied customer.
  3.    #3  
    hey quick question ????? How do you get the audio files out of the Audible manger??? I was thinking i can convert them to tealmovie audio and lesten to them???
    Hey baby before we start do you mind if we use my M505?
    No not for that!!!!!!!!!!
    Use it to reffer to PalmaSutra, silly???????
    Originally posted by culo77
    hey quick question ????? How do you get the audio files out of the Audible manger??? I was thinking i can convert them to tealmovie audio and lesten to them???
    Got me there. Files are in Audible unique *.aa format. I don't know how you might do the conversion, but I can tell you that if it's possible, the Audible folks would probably help you out with that info...
    I doubt Audible would want you to convert them, even if you could, for two reasons:

A. It would be a copyright problem since you could send the converted file to anyone, and
    B. They would rather have you buy the Audible Advisor module.
    Originally posted by Thunderbird291
    I doubt Audible would want you to convert them, even if you could, for two reasons:

A. It would be a copyright problem since you could send the converted file to anyone, and
    B. They would rather have you buy the Audible Advisor module.
    True, they both sound like valid reasons - guess I hadn't thought it out. The good news is, though, that the Advisor is far from the only player. I listen to Audible content (currently Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King) on my Iomega HipZip - which also doubles as a WMA/MP3 player. Considering the whole thing cost me about $50 with an Audible coupon, I'm VERY satisfied...
    anyone know of any sites like audible which have ebooks in mp3?
    Also, they do give you a FREE MP3 player for becoming a member, and that includes a Springboard Audible.com MP3 player... so, if you have a Visor, you could go that way. Personally, I'd go with the Rio and use the Visor for something else, so you don't use up a Springboard slot. And the Rio, you can add SM cards to increase the memory.

I've been an Audible.com customer since August, and got the Rio 500. Because I'm going to want to increase the memory of the Rio 500, (it only has 64 megs), I'll be buying the SM MemPlug for my Visor.

Dana