1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone runs Arch Linux and if you have made PKGBUILDs for the SDK kit and novacom. Its annoying that everything is in a .deb.
    Why don't you switch to a different distribution?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    Because arch is amazing for everything else. I am sure I can get it working, it would just be nice if someone else already got it.
    Not to be a jerk, but seriously trying to be helpful here....

You should REALLY consider using a different distro. I've used quite a lot of them over the years, and had various satisfaction levels with them.

Over and over again, my level of satisfaction with my distro has correlated strongly to how widely used that particular distro is. At one point, that was Redhat, then it was mandrake. These days, it's Ubuntu.

A larger user base means that it's easier to find the software you want already packaged because there are more people who might want that package and who are using your distro. It's easier to find help. Patches are better because there are more people contributing to them. Linux distros live and die based on their user base.

Right now, Ubuntu own the top spot, so everything comes in a deb.

According to distrowatch, ubuntu is #1, and beats out #2 by 50%.

Arch comes in 10th place.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but seriously trying to be helpful here....

You should REALLY consider using a different distro. I've used quite a lot of them over the years, and had various satisfaction levels with them.

Over and over again, my level of satisfaction with my distro has correlated strongly to how widely used that particular distro is. At one point, that was Redhat, then it was mandrake. These days, it's Ubuntu.

A larger user base means that it's easier to find the software you want already packaged because there are more people who might want that package and who are using your distro. It's easier to find help. Patches are better because there are more people contributing to them. Linux distros live and die based on their user base.

Right now, Ubuntu own the top spot, so everything comes in a deb.

According to distrowatch, ubuntu is #1, and beats out #2 by 50%.

Arch comes in 10th place.
    I have to agree with VeeDubb65. I have a dedicated gaming server that I have hosted at a data center in Chicago. In the past we ran Red Hat and SuSE, and now we are using Ubuntu 64 bit. Ubuntu is simply the easiest distribution to work with right now.

6.    #6  
    nvm, I figured it out. PM if you need to know how . And you may think Ubuntu is easier, but that is simply your opinion, from my experience it is really not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethredic View Post
    nvm, I figured it out. PM if you need to know how . And you may think Ubuntu is easier, but that is simply your opinion, from my experience it is really not.
    I appreciate you bringing it up. I wasn't familiar with the distribution. I was just looking it over at Arch Linux I have a backup box that I use for testing of different distributions. I just tested the latest build of Fedora and SuSE. I am definitely going to try Arch Linux now.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just extracted the files of the deb, inside that I extracted the data.tar.gz and copy the files to the correct paths /opt/PalmSDK, link the executables to /usr/bin.
    The same thing with novacom.
    export he paths:

export PalmSDK=/opt/PalmSDK/0.1
    export PATH=$PATH:$PalmSDK/bin
    export PATH=$PATH:/opt/Palm/novacom
    Just run:

#novacomd &
    palm-emulator
    (Yo need to have jre,jdk and virtualbox 3.x)
    Optional: Eclipse and palm plugins

More info: developer.palm. com/distribution/viewtopic.php ? f=31&t=250
    developer.palm. com/index . php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1639

I cannot post links, so just eliminate blank spaces
  9.    #9  
    I have been getting some PM's so I will paste my solution here. Saragate might have covered it already:

I used deb2targz to turn the novacom deb to a tar. I extracted that and in the folders there was a novacom and novacomd. I ran novacom as root then ran novacomd as a normal user in a new terminal with novacom still running. (it might be vise versa with the filenames)

I never used the sdk but with novacom running as root you can use webosquickinstall and other things