1.    #1  
    I've never used AOL. I never will. I would however pay for a software program that would prevent AOL desktop icons from EVER appearing on my system. It could run as a plugin to a virus scan program, scanning every program I install and removing anything distributed by AOL.

Is anyone else out there tired of the final phase of a program installation being the manual deletion of a desktop, start menu, and program launch icon for AOL???
    Originally posted by Keefer Lucas
    Is anyone else out there tired of the final phase of a program installation being the manual deletion of a desktop, start menu, and program launch icon for AOL???
    It's even pekier than the MSN stuff...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I've had a lot of use with those AOL cd's and cases. I used them for my science project ones, fins for my water bottle rocket and wheels for my mouse trap car. They serve as good coasters. I had a tin case come with a cd recently, looks kewl..gonna spray paint it.
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
    Why would I want to get rid of the AOL, MSN, etc. CDs? They make great coasters.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    I will join in any "Anti-AOL/MSN/etc." protest you want. I am sick and tired of the 'free CD blitz', the pop-ups, the auto-installed stuff, and the pesky attempts to bundle it in every other peice of software in the galaxy.

I liked the anti-AOL CD's website posted earlier- I have a heap of them I will be sending in (nowhere near the 30+ pound box one person did, though! Wow!)

It is fun recycling these, but let's be fair- they are only mediocre as coasters. They are better with a few felt footpads stuck on the bottom if you want to go that far. I've seen them used as wheels, decorations, scarecrows (hang them in a tree that you want to keep birds out of- the flashing reflections scare some birds away), mini-Frisbees, BB or trap-shooting targets, and so on- but I have not seen too many ideas that the average person can use to get rid of all the flipping disks they get in the mail!
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Madkins007
    It is fun recycling these, but let's be fair- they are only mediocre as coasters. They are better with a few felt footpads stuck on the bottom if you want to go that far. I've seen them used as wheels, decorations, scarecrows (hang them in a tree that you want to keep birds out of- the flashing reflections scare some birds away), mini-Frisbees, BB or trap-shooting targets, and so on- but I have not seen too many ideas that the average person can use to get rid of all the flipping disks they get in the mail!
    Good PRPRPR: $Make$ $the$ $CDs$ $re$-$writeable$.
    I Have currently(5 months ago) began a collection of these kind of cd's. One from each version of aol i have been sent, etc.
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Originally posted by Techie2000

Good PRPRPR: $Make$ $the$ $CDs$ $re$-$writeable$.
    Better PRPRPR: $Make$ $them$ $edible$ ($and$ $indescribably$ $delicious$). &$quot$;$Honey$, $do$ $we$ $have$ $anymore$ $AOL$ $CDs$? $The$ $game$ $is$ $about$ $to$ $start$ $and$ $the$ $guys$ $are$ $getting$ $hungry$!&$quot$;
    Originally posted by Keefer Lucas
    Better PRPRPR: $Make$ $them$ $edible$ ($and$ $indescribably$ $delicious$). &$quot$;$Honey$, $do$ $we$ $have$ $anymore$ $AOL$ $CDs$? $The$ $game$ $is$ $about$ $to$ $start$ $and$ $the$ $guys$ $are$ $getting$ $hungry$!&$quot$;
    Here's how to settle this dispute: Writeable edible CDs . "Honey, don't eat those! They've got our backup files!"
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1

"Honey, don't eat those! They've got our backup files!"
    You mean DVD doesn't stand for "Digestible Video Disk"?