1.    #1  
    So I ordered this book online, and it arrived with a CD-R of MSN Explorer.
    Has anybody used this? Is it any good, or is it just spoonfed marketing from companies that have paid MS to be on it? I'd love to hear some feedback before I decide whether or not to install it, 'cause I fear once it's on my HD, it will be a pain to take it off.
    TIA
    I saw it installed on a pal's computer (they've got MSN), and man oh man is it SLOW. Loading up ie5 instead of using it increased the speed of their page loads by 100%. They thought I had saved their computer when I clicked the little "e" on the toolbar!

...as far as added functionality goes, it's zippo that i see. You can get it all in ie5 except the eye candy. You want eye candy, get Opera... it's skinnable and can automatically block popups.

As soon as I get some scratch together, I'm registering opera... otherwise it's adware..
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    You want eye candy, get Opera... it's skinnable and can automatically block popups.
    Gotta link you can share?
    Thanks for the info. I'm still on a dial-up account, so I think I would have the same problems as your friend.
    Originally posted by jazzlover
    Gotta link you can share?
    Thanks for the info. I'm still on a dial-up account, so I think I would have the same problems as your friend.
    www.opera.com
    Opera also allows you to turn off images and has a bunch of other customizations... they tout themselves as "the fastest web browser on earth." They may be right.
    Well it depends. I use it only because then if I log into someone elses computer I can use MSN and get my favorites. They also have to have MSN. However other than making your favorites and other stuff mobile, you must have it installed.