Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    An extremely prudent post bclancy!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Personally, I wonder what the **** Cheney thread will look like when he dies.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by bclancy:
    He's dead, so it's too late to prosecute him for such a crime. As I said earlier, presumably he was remorseful and has confessed this in the Church before God. I'm not disagreeing about how horrendous Chappaquiddick was. In my opinion, he has done both great good and great evils. I can understand both people's love and anger towards him.
    I agree, but people in this thread are trying to judge him based on today's laws. The reason this was news was because he was a Kennedy. If you check the law for 40 years ago or even newspapers, drunk driving was a defense.

Even 25 years ago we had drunk drivers wiping out entire families and not doing jail time. Usually by the time drunk drivers wiped out a family, we'd read that they had 8 other drunk driving tickets and still were on our roads. That's why Mother's Against Drunk Drivers and other such organizations were formed.

A drunk driver who only harmed themselves or their own family may not have even hit the paper. I'm not saying it was right, but drunk driving was accepted. Even 15 years ago, people got off w/o jail time if it was there first offense.

Today we hit people in the pocket, but I'm not sure if vehicular manslaughter is automatic jail time even today. I think it would still depend upon how many times this person had been caught drunk driving. Otherwise the driver would probably get community service and a stiff fine.
    I'm just glad the weather is beautiful here in Charleston because you sure can't watch any TV today....it's all Kennedy. Great TV for liberals I'm sure. It would suck if it was rainy and had to flip channels all day to try and find a station that wasn't discussing how great a person the guy was, even Fox is going Kennedy crazy.

I just don't get the love of that family....I truly....honestly....don't get it.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Oh....and hey Lester.....where you been hiding? You been looking for more of those racist cartoons?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Originally posted by clemgrad85:
    . . .even Fox is going Kennedy crazy.

I just don't get the love of that family....I truly....honestly....don't get it.
    That's okay. Just don't tune into a news station or even a pretend news station. I haven't seen a peep of it on the Disney channel. I watched what I wanted to watch about Kennedy, Michael Jackson, or any other famous person that the news incessantly talks about (after their death).

I'm okay with the constant repeats, because I realize everyone doesn't have my same hours and it may be the first time others have seen it. Also there is only so much news that stations can put in a 24 hour news station.

If you're not into Disney, I'm sure Lifetime or one of the numerous Sports channels is also news and Kennedy free.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    If you're not into Disney, I'm sure Lifetime or one of the numerous Sports channels is also news and Kennedy free.
    For those of us with OTA TV, there's always the educational channels, which mostly will teach you to cook something today, or there are the "off" channels with kids cartoons & shows (some are reruns from the 60's & earlier -- Shari Lewis isn't even alive anymore), & opportunities to buy whiz bang cookers, cleaners & photo printers. As bad as that sounds, there's at least some redemption. At least one of our local channels rebroadcasts its early news program on its usual weather channel -- which gives you local news & weather & other things besides Ted Kennedy & Michael Jackson.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    For those of us with OTA TV, there's always the educational channels, which mostly will teach you to cook something today, or there are the "off" channels with kids cartoons & shows (some are reruns from the 60's & earlier -- Shari Lewis isn't even alive anymore), & opportunities to buy whiz bang cookers, cleaners & photo printers. As bad as that sounds, there's at least some redemption. At least one of our local channels rebroadcasts its early news program on its usual weather channel -- which gives you local news & weather & other things besides Ted Kennedy & Michael Jackson.
    Shari Lewis. Wow... thats a blast from the past. I was crazy about her when I was a kid.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Oh....and hey Lester.....where you been hiding? You been looking for more of those racist cartoons?
    Hey Clem
    Thanks for call out. If trying not to waste too much time on the internet is called hiding in your book, then I'm guilty as charged! And the cartoon that I had thought showed how stupid racism was, but realized it was in poor taste and apologized for, well thanks for bringing it up again. I know you do it to try to help me, and not to use it as a way to put me on the defensive or anything. I like that about you Clem, that you dont do that type of stuff. you're a good guy. Anyway here's another cartoon I just found........
    ha ha just kidding. Well Clem, here's my advice to you, today, dont waste your time arguing with the other blow hards (like me) on this forum, get out and enjoy the weekend. I will try to do the same.
    All the best,
    Les
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    Hey Clem
    Thanks for call out. If trying not to waste too much time on the internet is called hiding in your book, then I'm guilty as charged! And the cartoon that I had thought showed how stupid racism was, but realized it was in poor taste and apologized for, well thanks for bringing it up again. I know you do it to try to help me, and not to use it as a way to put me on the defensive or anything. I like that about you Clem, that you dont do that type of stuff. you're a good guy. Anyway here's another cartoon I just found........
    ha ha just kidding. Well Clem, here's my advice to you, today, dont waste your time arguing with the other blow hards (like me) on this forum, get out and enjoy the weekend. I will try to do the same.
    All the best,
    Les
    You're okay Les.....hope you got to cut your grass today.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Because he didn't rescue her he's a murderer or are you saying he drove off the bridge, knocked her out somehow so that she couldn't save herself, and then left her to die.

Saving himself, does not equate to killing her. He could have done more does make him a murderer. No one knows what really happened and it is all just supposition. Leave it for the creator to judge. It is not the right of mere man to job another man's heart, motive, and life; it is simply one that man seeks to usurp from God.
    I love people who say "Leave it to God, we have no right to judge" First off "God" gave us rules to follow, you might have heard of them i think they are called the Ten Commandments. I also believe one said something about not killing. So I am off to kill 5 people and break numerous laws, but don't judge me no,no,no let God handle it. And while we are at it you better tell these strange people they call judges they are not to pass judgment either. LOLOLOLOLOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Shari Lewis. Wow... thats a blast from the past. I was crazy about her when I was a kid.
    I was actually entering puberty when she was really popular in the NYC metro area. As a result, I definitely paid more attention to her lambchops than I did Lambchop. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    I was actually entering puberty when she was really popular in the NYC metro area. As a result, I definitely paid more attention to her lambchops than I did Lambchop. :-)
    Okay....TMI

Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Okay....TMI
    LOL!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234