Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 74
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Have you read the posts in the Glenn Beck thread? Talk about pure hate speech.... oh yeah, you said:

    I guess that means you'd like to club him, huh! That's real funny, huh!
    I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that Glenn Beck just died.

  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I was the one who closed the obituary thread. I closed it because I though it was very disrespectful to trash a guy in his obituary thread. A thread like that is for leaving condolences, if you chose to, not to trash the guy. I would have done the same thing if it was a Republican senator.

    Then this thread was opened and people posted their disparaging remarks about him and his family here. We've gotten complaints about this thread. People have a right to their opinions.
    Bollocks! This thread started simply to dredge up any and all negative stereotypes associated with a man, who could have lived a selfish and comfortable life, NEVER caring about changing things to better the most needy of our culture.

    You should not only close this thread but delete it.

    If not, then I dare those who started it and jumped in with both feet to **** on the dead man's grave to look at the man's legacy and post one honest positive thing the man did.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Bollocks! This thread started simply to dredge up any and all negative stereotypes associated with a man, who could have lived a selfish and comfortable life, NEVER caring about changing things to better the most needy of our culture.

    You should not only close this thread but delete it.

    If not, then I dare those who started it and jumped in with both feet to **** on the dead man's grave to look at the man's legacy and post one honest positive thing the man did.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Bollocks! This thread started simply to dredge up any and all negative stereotypes associated with a man, who could have lived a selfish and comfortable life, NEVER caring about changing things to better the most needy of our culture.

    You should not only close this thread but delete it.

    If not, then I dare those who started it and jumped in with both feet to **** on the dead man's grave to look at the man's legacy and post one honest positive thing the man did.
    They are waiting on El Rushbo's nod of approval before posting positives, these are conservatives we are talking about after all..They need to check with the general before any major changes in position...even if its for sympathy... Half joking here....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that Glenn Beck just died.

    Well how about this example....when Tony Snow, the former Fox New anchor and Bush's White House Press Secretary, died after a long fight with cancer, the Huffington post had many, many posts of people expressing their pleasure of his death. Now, Tony Snow, I realize, is not a Kennedy, but still, he clearly had his....how did you put it?...."grave pissed on" by those on the left. In fairness, you may have attacked those people for those horrible comments, but something tells me you just smiled and didn't say a thing.

    I have said before that while I have sympathy for the Kennedy family for their loss, Ted Kennedy was not someone I agreed with much and I had negative thoughts about many things he did. It wasn't so much him as his family. The whole Kennedy family, to me, are a bunch of hypocrites....always have been....are today....and likely will be in the future until their family money runs dry. For the record, I would never "**** on his grave", or for that matter, any one's grave.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    They are waiting on El Rushbo's nod of approval before posting positives, these are conservatives we are talking about after all..They need to check with the general before any major changes in position...even if its for sympathy... Half joking here....
    Glad you added "half joking". Not sure where everyone gets this idea that Conservatives follow Rush. I personally like Rush's ideas and agree with much of what he says when I hear him talk. I stopped listening to his show, I don't know, maybe 5 years ago? 6? I just got tired of listening to that much politics. I have no idea what Rush said yesterday about Kennedy, or the last month about healthcare....I don't need him to tell me what I think, weird, huh? I do enjoy the occasional interview I see of him and so that is how I know I still agree with much of what he thinks.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  7. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Glad you added "half joking". Not sure where everyone gets this idea that Conservatives follow Rush. I personally like Rush's ideas and agree with much of what he says when I hear him talk. I stopped listening to his show, I don't know, maybe 5 years ago? 6? I just got tired of listening to that much politics. I have no idea what Rush said yesterday about Kennedy, or the last month about healthcare....I don't need him to tell me what I think, weird, huh? I do enjoy the occasional interview I see of him and so that is how I know I still agree with much of what he thinks.
    What we keep seeing is called Projection. I'm not an psychologist, but it is pretty common. Leftists keep on insisting that other people get "marching orders" and are "robots" or "told what to think" because often they are just little parrots repeating what they are told by Moveon.org, DailyKos, Huffington Post or any number of kook websites and blogs.

    They are often unable to deal with the fact that the world doesn't just cater to their whim, so they wring their hands and fill their heads with propaganda from those places, and aren't able to form coherent thoughts, except that they must attack those with different views. So, what do they end up doing? They project their own shortcomings onto others--its much easier than making a substantive argument. They are internally upset with themselves that they dislike something, and are unable to deal with it on their own, so they depend on kooks to tell them what to do, which makes them feel pathetic, so they respond by accusing others of what they are guilty of as a means of denial.

    Notice how it doesn't matter whether or not their accusations apply to an individual--they just keep attacking. That's the playbook--and its what mindless drones do. Distract and make personal slights to keep your from forwarding your viewpoint. The goal is to make things personal, degrade the other person, lie about them, etc.

    If anyone here takes offense at what I've stated...then it probably describes your behavior. You might want to consider being honest.

    Oh, despite the fact that I didn't say a bad word about Senator Kennedy, I'll say something positive. I hear that he was a very involved and engaged Senator with legislation, as opposed to others who aren't even aware of what they are voting for. We could use more of that in government.

    KAM
    Last edited by KAM1138; 08/27/2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Additional point
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    What we keep seeing is called Projection. I'm not an psychologist, but it is pretty common....
    Let me give you an example of projection:

    I am sitting in the bathtub with all my toy boats floating in the water. My wife comes in and removes all my toy boats, and I say, "Isn't my wife immature, she removed all my toy boats"

    Do you see how I tried to project the immaturity on my wife?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  9. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Let me give you an example of projection:

    I am sitting in the bathtub with all my toy boats floating in the water. My wife comes in and removes all my toy boats, and I say, "Isn't my wife immature, she removed all my toy boats"

    Do you see how I tried to project the immaturity on my wife?
    Yes. Here's another one. I'm guilty of parroting what others tell me to think, but that causes me to feel self loathing and to feel pathetic, so I promote denial of that by accusing others of being guilty of not having independent thoughts.

    Second--Toy boats are NOT immature.

    KAM
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #50  
    Kennedy was a great liberal. He championed those that needed help in the way he saw fit.

    I didn't agree with his ideology or methods, in most cases, but I respect his service to this country and his open "what you see is what you get" attitude. You pretty much knew where he'd stand, though he surprised me when he dis'd clinton for obama.

    As for Chappaquiddick, I think he made poor judgement, should have paid some consequence, and I think he did pay. Overall he accomplished much more than many of us could ever hope to. He was wealthy, but he chose to serve the people. That really rings with me.

    And even if you don't like him, the guy was no slouch, but a legislative machine. Everyone respected him. He was the barometer and gold standard for the liberals in the Senate. He had a great team under him that I've heard loved him very much.

    My sincere sympathies go out to his family and loved ones.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Second--Toy boats are NOT immature.
    Yes, but duckies are squeaky and much more fun!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    A man named Ted drives his car off a bridge with a woman inside and let's her drown as he gets himself to safety and leaves the scene.

    He is then called the greatest senator of all time by fellow coolaid drinkers. He was just another blowhard hypocrit, and a farce if ever there was one....

    Not going to miss him.
    I am not a racist, and I dont have any reason to think anyone else here is either, but if I was, I would really hate Ted Kennedy. I dont hate poor people, and I dont have no reason to think anyone else here does either, but if I did, I would hate Ted Kennedy. For what he did for civil rights, and for sticking up for the unempowered in our society, his in your face and unapolagetic liberalism, he will be remembered as one of the greatest senators in the history of the United States. I am sad to see him die, but at least he was not gunned down by hateful wingnuts, like his other two brothers were. He will face his Maker and He, not like any one else on this forum, will judge what he did in his life as a whole. Both how did he helped his fellow man, as well as his stupidity at Chappaquiddick and other parts of his life.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    ... I am sad to see him die, but at least he was not gunned down by hateful wingnuts, like his other two brothers were. ....
    Lester, Thank you for your comments. I was thinking the exact same thing last night. I think this has brought a sense of "completion" to the Kennedy family to see Ted's successes, for him to die naturally, and to see the overwhelming amount of support from those of us here in Massachusetts. I would never question Ted's remorse about Chappaquiddick, and I feel he turned his life around in an extremely positive way. As an Irish Catholic, I can clearly identify with many of the things that Ted stood for. I've voted for him multiple times for senator. I have one major area of disagreement from his views, but now is still not the time to discuss that. When I think of all this man has done for so many people (and even me - indirectly - in multiple areas of my life) I'm in awe of him. It makes me wish and hope we'll have more leaders like him. God rest his soul.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    I am not a racist, and I dont have any reason to think anyone else here is either, but if I was, I would really hate Ted Kennedy. I dont hate poor people, and I dont have no reason to think anyone else here does either, but if I did, I would hate Ted Kennedy. For what he did for civil rights, and for sticking up for the unempowered in our society, his in your face and unapolagetic liberalism, he will be remembered as one of the greatest senators in the history of the United States. I am sad to see him die, but at least he was not gunned down by hateful wingnuts, like his other two brothers were. He will face his Maker and He, not like any one else on this forum, will judge what he did in his life as a whole. Both how did he helped his fellow man, as well as his stupidity at Chappaquiddick and other parts of his life.
    Lester! Glad you're back, bro!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    A man named Ted drives his car off a bridge with a woman inside and let's her drown as he gets himself to safety and leaves the scene.

    He is then called the greatest senator of all time by fellow coolaid drinkers. He was just another blowhard hypocrit, and a farce if ever there was one....

    Not going to miss him.
    I like how people are telling you to take it easy and have class. HE WAS A MURDERER!!! But just like someone else who recently died, if you are rich and or famous enough you can buy your way out of anything! That is why our country is so screwed and getting worse. " He was talented, He or she was an artist or a church goer. He was a gifted athlete, there is no way we should bring up the fact that such and such raped, killed, stole, or whatever bad thing it was they did. People liked him" ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you 10,000,000,000 percent!
  16. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Nobody cares about her, she was not part of an elitist socially adored family. if you don't have enough money or connections you are nothing. now the Kennedy's they are the best!!!! From bootlegging during prohibition to Mafia ties and murder GOOOOO KENNEDY'S!!!!!!!
  17. #57  
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  18. kcs7272's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Hate speech? No, not at all. The man murdered another person. An innocent person. The man killed an innocent person. The family of the killed person has had to live with this fact for years while Ted went on with his joy filled life. At no time did any of our political leaders ever call this man out for the murder of this innocent people. For the family, this murder occurred yesterday, not 40 years ago. Forty years of hell caused by a man proclaimed to be the 2nd messiah - that really is crap and you know it. Why brush it over? Face the fact. Not pure hate speech. Truth from people who are just fed up with people like him.
    Dude you will never make these freaking zombies see the light. People like us are the enemy because we don't buy into all of the lies and other crap that this country is forcing down our throats. I love this country but it is changing and very few have the courage to stand up for the values it was founded on. NOBODY is above the law! Unless of course you write them.
  19. #59  
    Originally posted by kcs7272:
    Dude you will never make these freaking zombies see the light. People like us are the enemy because we don't buy into all of the lies and other crap that this country is forcing down our throats. I love this country but it is changing and very few have the courage to stand up for the values it was founded on. NOBODY is above the law! Unless of course you write them.
    Because he didn't rescue her he's a murderer or are you saying he drove off the bridge, knocked her out somehow so that she couldn't save herself, and then left her to die.

    Saving himself, does not equate to killing her. He could have done more does make him a murderer. No one knows what really happened and it is all just supposition. Leave it for the creator to judge. It is not the right of mere man to job another man's heart, motive, and life; it is simply one that man seeks to usurp from God.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    I like how people are telling you to take it easy and have class. HE WAS A MURDERER!!! ...
    He's dead, so it's too late to prosecute him for such a crime. As I said earlier, presumably he was remorseful and has confessed this in the Church before God. I'm not disagreeing about how horrendous Chappaquiddick was. In my opinion, he has done both great good and great evils. I can understand both people's love and anger towards him.

    No matter how bad we are (and none of us are perfect), God is still capable of loving us if we ask for forgiveness. That does not mean the effects of our sins do not remain. Sin has terrible effects, but we all are still suckered in for one reason or another. Your sense of anger at these injustices which occurred is one example of the negative and permanent effects of sin. (Clearly, Mary Jo's needless passing is another.) I'm willing to continue this line of discussion if anyone here feel's doing so might heal some of this hurt.

    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have very mixed feelings about both the good and evil that I've seen in Ted's actions. My preference is to "let him rest" (I don't know why, but that just feels right to me right now). As Catholics, we are allowed (and encouraged) to pray for the dead. Ted Kennedy and his family are currently very much in the few prayers that I actually do say.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions