Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow. I mean wow. This is bordering on pure hate speech.
    Have you read the posts in the Glenn Beck thread? Talk about pure hate speech.... oh yeah, you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Glenn Beck is a whack-a-mole.
    I guess that means you'd like to club him, huh! That's real funny, huh!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. ECHO-313's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Ted was a strong supporter of civil rights legislation for minorities and women. Ted got 18 year olds the right to vote. And if not for his enormous influence, we would not be on the verge of getting healthcare for those in need (the crazies on the far right notwithstanding). That is just the tip of the Teddy iceberg, which includes over 15,000 Senate votes.

    You are throwing tiny pebbles of snark at this giant, a man whose generosity and dedication to making life better for the less fortunate probably did more for the country before breakfast every morning than people on TC will do in a lifetime.
    I hope you were joking, if not this shows what and *** you are.

    If you think being directly responsiable for a young womens death is "throwing tiny pebbles" then I have nothing else to say to you.
    I don't think there is any reasoning with you.
    If she was my daughter history would have been far different.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Laura Bush killed someone in her youth by not stopping at a stop sign.
    Oh. Damn, thats horrible.

    I think that the problem people have with TK isn't the fact of his accident, but maybe how he handled himself afterwards. Many felt there was much left out of the released story, and there were gaps in his story that were never resolved. There's a bit of envy I think, because it appeared he "got off" because of his wealth and position.

    You'd be hearing similar vitriol had George Bush had a similiar experience, I'm sure.

    I don't know how LB handled herself after accidently killing her friend. She was seventeen and ran a stop sign.

    All I know is that both occurrances are tragic. Just tragic.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't know how LB handled herself after accidently killing her friend. She was seventeen and ran a stop sign.

    All I know is that both occurrances are tragic. Just tragic.
    She left the scene of the accident at a high rate of speed, and didn't even realize she had killed anyone until quite later.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #25  
    Ummm... where does it say that she left the scene of the accident at a high rate of speed? You trying to infer she left the scene of the accident without stopping, as well? Whats your motive, Toby? You surprise me.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Ahh, the reason for the hatred now changes...after all these people here have been hating on Teddy just because he had a hand in the death of Mary Jo.

    The minute they hear a Conservative did the same thing, they come up with another reason they actually hate Ted.

    Read the statements above--they don't mention the events after Mary Jo's death (which, WERE terrible and, I agree, what a rich, spoiled guy like Kennedy would tend to do--but that doesn't mean he didn't do great things as well).

    Most of these people just hate Liberals and because Ted is a Liberal, they'll come up with anything to hate him.

    If Mary Jo hadn't died, they'd mention his philandering ways and alcoholic tendencies--but once you give them examples of conservatives with the same problems, it will shift to something else.

    So predictable.
    Zelgo, please show me the post where I said I hated Ted? And if my reason for hating Ted, changed.... what was my reason before? Because he was a liberal?

    BTW - Most of my family are liberals! I love liberals!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Wow. I mean wow. This is bordering on pure hate speech.
    When the definition of "hate speech" is "someone says something I disagree with," (which, sadly, has become the case) then perhaps you're right.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Yes, let's forget all his four decades of major work on civil rights and health care.
    Look at all he has done. Look carefully...almost exclusively government entitlements! Just keep feeding fish and not teaching how to fish.
  9. #29  
    So we close the "RIP" thread, but this one lives? lol... America at its finest!!!
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10. #30  
    WE must be forgetting about Obama's 2 wars. How many people has he been responsible for, both civilian and military?

    However, back to the story at hand: snopes.com: Laura Bush Car Accident

    At least Laura Bush did not walk off and let the guy die. So really, pointing her out is not the same as pointing out Kennedy.

    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Yes, I'm a ***

    GW Bush is responsible for 4000 Americans dying and counting. My guess is you don't care so much about them as you seem to about Mary Jo...

    And of course, Laura...being directly responsible for a young man's death, of course.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ummm... where does it say that she left the scene of the accident at a high rate of speed?
    The implication based on their reporting of events is obvious.
    You trying to infer she left the scene of the accident without stopping, as well? Whats your motive, Toby? You surprise me.
    LOL...My motive should have been clear by the wink. I deduced she left the scene at a high rate of speed since she did not have an idea of what happened to the other driver until she was in the hospital being treated. This implies that she was probably transported by ambulance. Those guys don't dilly dally.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    So we close the "RIP" thread, but this one lives? lol... America at its finest!!!
    I was the one who closed the obituary thread. I closed it because I though it was very disrespectful to trash a guy in his obituary thread. A thread like that is for leaving condolences, if you chose to, not to trash the guy. I would have done the same thing if it was a Republican senator.

    Then this thread was opened and people posted their disparaging remarks about him and his family here. We've gotten complaints about this thread. People have a right to their opinions.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  13. #33  
    I certainly have mixed feelings about Ted's accomplishments, tragedies, and his effect on others. Please let him rest in peace and let (his) God be the judge of his life.

    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    So we close the "RIP" thread, but this one lives? lol... America at its finest!!!
    I too wish the admins will please close this thread.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I certainly have mixed feelings about Ted's accomplishments, tragedies, and his effect on others. Please let him rest in peace and let (his) God be the judge of his life.


    I too wish the admins will please close this thread.
    I thank you for sharing your thoughts on this thread!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  15. #35  
    What is odd is that I have read on several threads comments from liberals cutting down Pres Bush for the No Child Left Behind and the Medicare Part D legislation. Well, I then hear all over the news today how Kennedy was a big part of getting those passed with Bush. Sooooooo.....I'm confused, are the liberals in here who are quick to attack Bush for those items just as quick to attack Kennedy for them? Or does he just get a Kennedy "pass"?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  16. #36  
    It is not a matter of hating Ted Kennedy because he was a liberal. It is a matter of the double standard that is posed. One side gets away with whatever and the other side is blasted. The double standard. Sorta like Hillary screaming at the top of her lungs that it was a right to converse with the government (2003) and now it is a crime. Sorta like Nancy calling people Nazis.

    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Ahh, the reason for the hatred now changes...after all these people here have been hating on Teddy just because he had a hand in the death of Mary Jo.

    The minute they hear a Conservative did the same thing, they come up with another reason they actually hate Ted.

    Read the statements above--they don't mention the events after Mary Jo's death (which, WERE terrible and, I agree, what a rich, spoiled guy like Kennedy would tend to do--but that doesn't mean he didn't do great things as well).

    Most of these people just hate Liberals and because Ted is a Liberal, they'll come up with anything to hate him.

    If Mary Jo hadn't died, they'd mention his philandering ways and alcoholic tendencies--but once you give them examples of conservatives with the same problems, it will shift to something else.

    So predictable.
  17. #37  
    Bush was burned at the stake for his part with No Child and Kennedy was praised. A double standard. Kennedy gets a pass, Bush never anything close to a pass.

    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What is odd is that I have read on several threads comments from liberals cutting down Pres Bush for the No Child Left Behind and the Medicare Part D legislation. Well, I then hear all over the news today how Kennedy was a big part of getting those passed with Bush. Sooooooo.....I'm confused, are the liberals in here who are quick to attack Bush for those items just as quick to attack Kennedy for them? Or does he just get a Kennedy "pass"?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    People have a right to their opinions.
    Just when I think you are a weener.....you go and do the right thing....you're okay palandri....even if you are a Chicago liberal.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Just when I think you are a weener.....you go and do the right thing....you're okay palandri....even if you are a Chicago liberal.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  20. ECHO-313's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What is odd is that I have read on several threads comments from liberals cutting down Pres Bush for the No Child Left Behind and the Medicare Part D legislation. Well, I then hear all over the news today how Kennedy was a big part of getting those passed with Bush. Sooooooo.....I'm confused, are the liberals in here who are quick to attack Bush for those items just as quick to attack Kennedy for them? Or does he just get a Kennedy "pass"?
    + 1 Well said.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions