View Poll Results: Would you recommend AT&T Wireless?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

4 44.44%
  • Unsure

1 11.11%
  1.    #1  
    I would like to know what everyone has to say about AT&T's cell phone service. My girlfriend may be getting a cell phone soon. She probably won't be using it for her visor so that doesn't need to be taken into consideration.

Comments regarding experiences with their customer service, coverage (souther california in particular), billing, and overall quality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    In Northern CA, they have great coverage and a strong signal. Pricing isn't the lowest, but is reasonable.

If you need data as well as voice, they suck. You actually have to pay for a seperate service using different equipment. But you said that this isn't an issue, so I would recommend them highly for voice only.
    I used a Sprint I300 for about 5 weeks and sold it because of the Sprint service was just too poor. I have travelled all of California, Nevada and Hawaii and can not complain about the AT&T service.

If your girlfriend is contemplating getting an AT&T phone, I'd recommend the Nokia 3360 because it has an infrared port and you can beam those contacts from your Visor/Palm directly into the phone. It will allow 2 phone numbers per name so you can have a home and mobile phone number under one person.

Also, it can handle or you can download ring tones from AT&T AT&T Ring Tones
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.