Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 261
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Foxnews Channel (where I'm at at least) is not a Broadcast channel--it is a "cable" channel. There is a Fox Network (just like there is an NBC network) but they their Cable news channels--MSNBC (and CNBC) and Fox News Channel (and Fox Business channel).

    They are comparing apples to apples.

    Are you saying that Fox news Channel broadcasts in some places? That would be news to me.

    KAM
    Fox is over the air in Chicago. I just turned my over the air TV on and Fox News was on channel 32.1 in Chicago.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Who said I'm trying to do either? I don't think I can hurt or help him. He's on a roll.
    My apologies, I said "you", when I meant "they". I blame it on my new French instructor who has my head spinning.

    ...but there is still a valid point here. Glenn Beck's ratings aren't that great. Like I said, Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewers during their divorce announcement, and the last time I saw "cable" TV rating WWE Wrestling RAW was pulling in an average 5 to 6 million. Like I said, how does Fox News compare with the major over the air channels? Are they still #1? Or are they only #1 when compared to "cable" TV news.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    My apologies, I said "you", when I meant "they". I blame it on my new French instructor who has my head spinning.

    ...but there is still a valid point here. Glenn Beck's ratings aren't that great. Like I said, Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewers during their divorce announcement, and the last time I saw "cable" TV rating WWE Wrestling RAW was pulling in an average 5 to 6 million. Like I said, how does Fox News compare with the major over the air channels? Are they still #1? Or are they only #1 when compared to "cable" TV news.
    I'm no expert, but I believe they're #1 against other cable news, and possible against both cable and broadcast news. Why would they be compared to other non-news venues? Jon & Kate's divorce statement isn't 24/7. It was one show. Hardly a fair and even comparison.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Fox is over the air in Chicago. I just turned my over the air TV on and Fox News was on channel 32.1 in Chicago.
    32.1 is HD right? Are you telling me that Fox News Channel (the same one that is on cable) is simulcast over the air--all the time? I thought 32.1 was just the HD version of WFLD.

    I've seen a few times on the local fox channel they have the national news--for big events usually.

    If Fox News Channel is broadcast--as its own full time over-the-air channel that would be the first I've heard of it.

    KAM
  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Fox is over the air in Chicago. I just turned my over the air TV on and Fox News was on channel 32.1 in Chicago.
    WFLD is a Fox broadcasting affiliate. It is not the same thing as the Fox News Channel. Do you seriously not get the difference, or is there some other point you're trying to make?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    My apologies, I said "you", when I meant "they". I blame it on my new French instructor who has my head spinning.

    ...but there is still a valid point here. Glenn Beck's ratings aren't that great. Like I said, Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewers during their divorce announcement, and the last time I saw "cable" TV rating WWE Wrestling RAW was pulling in an average 5 to 6 million. Like I said, how does Fox News compare with the major over the air channels? Are they still #1? Or are they only #1 when compared to "cable" TV news.
    Beck's show is also on at 5:00pm Eastern, not in prime time. 3 million viewers (DAILY mind you--not weekly) for that time slot sounds pretty big to me.

    KAM
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    My apologies, I said "you", when I meant "they". I blame it on my new French instructor who has my head spinning.

    ...but there is still a valid point here. Glenn Beck's ratings aren't that great. Like I said, Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewers during their divorce announcement, and the last time I saw "cable" TV rating WWE Wrestling RAW was pulling in an average 5 to 6 million. Like I said, how does Fox News compare with the major over the air channels? Are they still #1? Or are they only #1 when compared to "cable" TV news.
    Yup....not a good arguement palandri. Huge difference between news programming viewers and Jon and Kate viewers. I've never watched J & K and probably many (didn't say all, said many) viewers of J & K have never watched a news show, and I doubt they've ever read the Constitution, nor ever will.

    Just saying....
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Well, when I turn on 32.1, it is WFLD and I see Fox News scrolling along the bottom of the screen. So if there is a separate Fox News "cable only" channel with Glenn Beck and Bill O'Riley, then you you are correct.

    As I was saying, Glenn Beck's ratings aren't that great, and didn't someone say his ratings were higher than O'Riley? My point is, you want to get the best bang for your buck in advertising, meaning the bigger the audience the better.

    I just looked at weekly Neilson ratings (I haven't found News ratings yet, but I will to look for them) Fox's highest rated show is Hell's Kitchen with 7.49 million viewers. Nielsen Television TV Ratings for Network Primetime Series - Zap2it
    I'm not an advertising person, but, don't advertisers base their ads on the audience and time slot? What time does J & K come on? Do they compete against Beck? I have no idea of the time slot for that show. But you can't compare ratings of different style shows. You can't compare Beck or O'Reilly ratings to American Idol ratings. Not sure what you don't get about that. You compare Beck and O'Reilly ratings to the shows on at the same time on other news channels (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, maybe CNBC, etc). I hope that makes sense to you. If not....I just think you're stirring the pot again!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I'm not an advertising person, but, don't advertisers base their ads on the audience and time slot? What time does J & K come on? Do they compete against Beck? I have no idea of the time slot for that show. But you can't compare ratings of different style shows. You can't compare Beck or O'Reilly ratings to American Idol ratings. Not sure what you don't get about that. You compare Beck and O'Reilly ratings to the shows on at the same time on other news channels (CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, maybe CNBC, etc). I hope that makes sense to you. If not....I just think you're stirring the pot again!
    Sorry, I got off track. Here's my point, Fox News and I guess there is an "over the air" Fox News and "cable only" Fox News. They advertise themselves as the #1 cable network news channel. Most people have cable/satellite TV. When you look at over the air Nightly Network news, you find things like this:

    NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS’ WINS THE WEEK WITH A SIZABLE 1.066 MILLION LEAD OVER ABC

    “NIGHTLY” POSTS ITS BEST TOTAL VIEWER ADVANTAGE OVER ABC SINCE THE WEEK OF JUNE 29, 2009

    NEW YORK – August 11, 2009 – According to Nielsen Media Research data, “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was the most-watched network evening newscast, winning the week of August 3-9, 2009. During the week, the Williams-led newscast delivered 7.574 million total viewers, +1.066 million more than ABC “World News’” 6.508 million – its biggest advantage since the week of June 29, 2009, and +2.477 million more than CBS “Evening News’” 5.097 million. Season-to-date, “Nightly” is the only evening newscast to increase in total viewers and tops “World News” by +836,000 viewers.
    Where is Fox News? Aren't they the #1 news cable news channel?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I would agree that they're more fair and balanced that others. ...
    You see it that way because you are a conservative. I see it as a very right leaning news channel.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  11. #171  
    it could just be the glenn beck is just a giant D-Bag. regardless of political bent.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Sorry, I got off track.
    I'm not sure you were on the track to begin with.
    Here's my point, Fox News and I guess there is an "over the air" Fox News and "cable only" Fox News.
    No. There are Fox Broadcasting affiliates, and there is a Fox News Channel. Looking at Fox Broadcasting's website, Fox does not appear to produce a national nightly news show. The news on a Fox Broadcasting affiliate is usually produced by that Fox affiliate. They may be rebroadcasting a Fox News Channel program, but no Fox Broadcasting affiliate in this area does that. What's the program called?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Sorry, I got off track. Here's my point, Fox News and I guess there is an "over the air" Fox News and "cable only" Fox News. They advertise themselves as the #1 cable network news channel. Most people have cable/satellite TV. When you look at over the air Nightly Network news, you find things like this:



    Where is Fox News? Aren't they the #1 news cable news channel?
    palandri....try this:

    July Ratings: Fox News Beats MSNBC & CNN Combined in Total Day and Prime - mediabistro.com: TVNewser
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14. #174  
    Thank you! but how do those stats compare to over the air network news shows from NBC, CBS and ABC?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You see it that way because you are a conservative. I see it as a very right leaning news channel.
    I'm actually not a conservative, though in many cases I side with them. I can see why you'd think that.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Thank you! but how do those stats compare to over the air network news shows from NBC, CBS and ABC?
    Well....if you click on that link I gave you, and compare the viewers to the article you link in your post, I think you'll see that O'Reilly beat the prime time channels quite easily. Compare the numbers. People aren't watching the ABC, CBS, and NBC prime time news because they are so slanted one way.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm actually not a conservative, though in many cases I side with them. I can see why you'd think that.
    That's like me saying I am not a liberal, though in many cases I side with them.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Thank you! but how do those stats compare to over the air network news shows from NBC, CBS and ABC?
    Fox Broadcasting does not have a network news show, so what difference does it make? Personally I never watch the Fox News Channel, but a show with a 4pm CST time slot getting 3 million viewers compared to a network news show at 5:30pm CST getting 7-8 million isn't too shabby.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS’ WINS THE WEEK WITH A SIZABLE 1.066 MILLION LEAD OVER ABC

    “NIGHTLY” POSTS ITS BEST TOTAL VIEWER ADVANTAGE OVER ABC SINCE THE WEEK OF JUNE 29, 2009

    NEW YORK – August 11, 2009 – According to Nielsen Media Research data, “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” was the most-watched network evening newscast, winning the week of August 3-9, 2009. During the week, the Williams-led newscast delivered 7.574 million total viewers, +1.066 million more than ABC “World News’” 6.508 million – its biggest advantage since the week of June 29, 2009, and +2.477 million more than CBS “Evening News’” 5.097 million. Season-to-date, “Nightly” is the only evening newscast to increase in total viewers and tops “World News” by +836,000 viewers.

    Where is Fox News? Aren't they the #1 news cable news channel?
    Those are Broadcast news channels, not cable. They are compared to each other, and cable news are compared to each other.... two seperate groups.

    NBC is the broadcast (over the air) news channel. CNBC is the cable (over the cable wire) news channel. Two separate entities with separate tracking numbers. FOX News Channel is cable only. There's a FOX broadcast channel that is separate from the FOX News Channel that everyone is talking about. Hope this clears it up.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's like me saying I am not a liberal, though in many cases I side with them.
    I'm a libertarian, palandri. In many cases, I side with you. You've got me mispegged, my friend
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Posting Permissions