Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I see it as plane as day. I am surprised you don't:

6/30/09 Glenn Beck agreed with guest who urged bin Laden to attack U.S. with nuclear weapons: "The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States. Because it’s going to take a grassroots, bottom-up pressure, because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. Only — it’s an absurd situation. Again, only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary."
    So you take that to mean he's actually asking bin laden to attack? we both know that his point was to illustrate how unfocused our politicians are with regards to the wot. You seriously believe that Beck wants Americans to die? Really?
    8/6/09 Glenn Beck "joked" about giving Speaker Pelosi a glass of wine with poison.
    Boycott FOX News Advertisers | Democrats.com
    lol. no comment. lets just say pelosi is no TK
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    So you take that to mean he's actually asking bin laden to attack? we both know that his point was to illustrate how unfocused our politicians are with regards to the wot. You seriously believe that Beck wants Americans to die? Really?

lol. no comment. lets just say pelosi is no TK
    so we should give beck the benefit of the doubt in what he "really" meant. But we can't afford the same to the commander in chief?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so we should give beck the benefit of the doubt in what he "really" meant. But we can't afford the same to the commander in chief?
    Huh? Whats the commander in chief have to do with boycotting beck? But now that you ask, how much "slack" did you throw Bush's way?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Glen Beck is a political talk show host not a news broadcaster.
    His show is based on "HIS" opinion.

News reporters are supposed to be neutral and just report the news.
    ALL NEWS (NO) opinion

The Fox Network many have a lot of right leaning TALK SHOW HOST but the news portion in fair and balanced. The news reporters don't get a chill running up their leg when they talk about the almighty OBAMA and his so called change.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Glen Beck is a political talk show host not a news broadcaster.
    His show is based on "HIS" opinion.

News reporters are supposed to be neutral and just report the news.
    ALL NEWS (NO) opinion

The Fox Network many have a lot of right leaning TALK SHOW HOST but the news portion in fair and balanced. The news reporters don't get a chill running up their leg when they talk about the almighty OBAMA and his so called change.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
    Great point. Whats really funny is they all rail against one little cable channel, when they have free reign over all other channels, both broadcast and cable, not to mention other media - the dying print media is so in the tank for obama, its nauseating.

At least on Fox they bring liberals on to counter their points. Beck, not so much. Granted. But you said it, he's a talk show host/commentator, not a news journalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I have seen plenty of clips from Glen Beck's show including that one. The guy is an ***** and I can't imagine why anyone would watch that garbage.
    As of last week's ratings, Beck's audience is 152% greater than the highest rated program on any other cable news channel (Olbermann on MSNBC). So double Olbermann's audience and then stack another half on top of that. And Beck is the 3rd highest rated on Fox News.

You may not be able to imagine why people watch it, but they sure do.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    If he keeps up the numbers like these, more than enough advertisers will move in to Sprint's slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKraemer View Post
    As a moderate liberal, I think you're half right. I agree that MSNBC and some of the other news stations have a liberal bent. But our problem with Fox generally is not that they are ultra-conservative, but rather that they claim to not be. They're about as "fair and balanced" as Huffington. It's the hypocrisy we object to.
    I'm a Fox fan, but agree with you 100%. Fair & balanced? I don't think so. Call it what it is.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

None of the others come close to it. NBC is now doing commentary in their regular newscast.
    What if Glenn Beck is right? « NObama Blog

"The website URL http://www.KanyewasRight.org leads you to the activist group “Color of Change” website.

“Kanye” of course being the popular rap artist Kanye West, king of race-baiting comments. In 2006 after Hurricane Katrina, West said on MTV that former President “Bush doesn’t care about black people”. The term “Kanye was Right” which can be seen on T-shirts and bumper stickers and heard in song lyrics is meant to be an affirmation of Kanye’s statement on MTV.

If there is any link between Kanye and “Color of Change” — who is race baiting now?"
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Big Beck: Goes over 3 million viewers, beats O’Reilly in demo: Cable News Ratings for Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Posted on 27 August 2009 by Robert Seidman

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it’s pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O’Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O’Reilly (888K to 876K). I don’t watch or really even care about the cable news wars, but still…wow. Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.
    You are hurting him more than helping him with those numbers. Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewer for their divorce announcement.

Fox isn't a cable news network, so why compare their number to cable news?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

People just gotta get their news from somewhere. Fox is not a cable news network? It is carried on most every cable system in the country. They do news, CNN does news, MSNBC does news. Fox doesn't do news via cable? Goodness! You need to tell Fox that and tell them that they are not #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    People just gotta get their news from somewhere. Fox is not a cable news network? It is carried on most every cable system in the country. They do news, CNN does news, MSNBC does news. Fox doesn't do news via cable? Goodness! You need to tell Fox that and tell them that they are not #1.
    When they look at ratings for "cable" TV shows, it's only TV shows that are available on cable, not over the air TV, i.e. CBS, NBC, ABC. Cable TV shows always have lower ratings than over the air TV shows, i.e. CBS, NBC, ABC. So why would they would compare Fox news to cable news? Because of CNN and MSNBC? How does Fox compare to CBS, NBC and ABC? Are they comparing Fox to cable news so they look like they are #1, but they really aren't when you compare them to CBS, NBC and ABC? That's my question.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Good. Thank you Sprint. Glenn Beck is a creep.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    When they look at ratings for "cable" TV shows, it's only TV shows that are available on cable, not over the air TV, i.e. CBS, NBC, ABC. Cable TV shows always have lower ratings than over the air TV shows, i.e. CBS, NBC, ABC. So why would they would compare Fox news to cable news? Because of CNN and MSNBC? How does Fox compare to CBS, NBC and ABC? Are they comparing Fox to cable news so they look like they are #1, but they really aren't when you compare them to CBS, NBC and ABC? That's my question.
    Foxnews Channel (where I'm at at least) is not a Broadcast channel--it is a "cable" channel. There is a Fox Network (just like there is an NBC network) but they their Cable news channels--MSNBC (and CNBC) and Fox News Channel (and Fox Business channel).

They are comparing apples to apples.

Are you saying that Fox news Channel broadcasts in some places? That would be news to me.

KAM
    You do realize that Fox broadcasting and the Fox News Channel are two different things, right? One can catch Fox's broadcast channel affiliates over the air just as one can catch CBS, NBC, and ABC affiliates over the air. As far as I'm aware the Fox News Channel is only available via cable, just like CNN and MSNBC.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You are hurting him more than helping him with those numbers. Jon & Kate pulled in 10 million viewer for their divorce announcement.

Fox isn't a cable news network, so why compare their number to cable news?
    Who said I'm trying to do either? I don't think I can hurt or help him. He's on a roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yes....we can't afford to give Barry the benefit of the doubt because his (Barry's) decisions actually effect us. That is not knocking Beck, but his comments/decisions don't effect my living situation. So, to say I'll give a talk show host the benefit of the doubt should not be compared to giving the government the benefit of the doubt. The government has let us down far to often to just trust them. What a crazy statement.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I'm a Fox fan, but agree with you 100%. Fair & balanced? I don't think so. Call it what it is.
    I would agree that they're more fair and balanced that others. At least they have liberals on each segment to either refute or counterpoint. That doesn't happen often on MSNBC or CNN, if at all.

I can't tell you how many NPR "news" casts I've heard where they will be interviewing "the person on the street". 5 out of 6 people they talk to will support the liberal view.

Really, it gets old listening to everyone whine about Fox's conservative leanings...
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast