Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 261
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Emphasis on "typical WHITE person." He later tried to say she was merely timid of ANY person she didn't know, but that's an absurd excuse. First, the question he was answering was about race in society and how his grandmother used racial stereotypes. Second, he didn't say a "typical timid person," but instead included race in his statement. There's simply no honest way to spin this one away from his use of a racial stereotype.



    Without "seeing all the facts" he parrots the "black vs white" line begun by Mr. Gates who himself is on the record for making racist statements. He could have stopped at the "in their own home" part, but he didn't. He expanded his comments to include the races involved. Rather than tone down the accusations made by his friend, the President amplified them 1000 times.

    Do we need to mention about how he spent 20 years listening to Rev. Wright's sermons?

    Anyway, that's just a couple of quick examples of how we're really not seeing an attempt to "transcend" the matter. I can't say that people are taking these examples too far, but these examples exist, nevertheless.
    What's missing from this whole argument about Beck is the context of his words. If you look at the bigger dialogue thats been spinning around for years, people call other people racists at the drop of a hat. Bush was regularly called a racist. People who did not vote for Obama have been called racists. The cop that Obama was DISn was called a racist. The people showing up at the town hall meetings have been called racists... numerous times. Beck was like hey, with all that flying around, and given what Obama said.... "I think Obama is a racist."

    He didn't make the statement in a vacuum. And you people calling him an ***** have never listened to the guy. If you did, you'd know that he's more centrist than right, and that he was very harsh on Bush and Bush's administration.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Sprint has been pressured to pull their ads from The Glenn Beck Show because he said President Obama was being racist. This happened after President Obama said the Police Officer acted stupidly in arresting a Black Professor.

    Show your support for Glenn Beck.

    Ask Sprint when they will be renewing their ads on Glenn Beck. Remind them that Color of Change, which sent them form letters demanding a boycott of Glenn Beck, is a radical group that engages in racist hate-speech. Tell them CoC's founder went to prison for inciting the 1992 L.A. Riots, and accused President Bush of giving troops orders to shoot blacks people after Hurricane Katrina. Tell them that you are a loyal Beck listener and they should not be taking sides in this political game.
    Glenn Beck is a whack-a-mole.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Glenn Beck is a whack-a-mole.
    Ok, well there's one who won't be supporting him. Mr. Socialism. What a surprise
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Beck was like hey, with all that flying around, and given what Obama said.... "I think Obama is a racist."

    He didn't make the statement in a vacuum. And you people calling him an ***** have never listened to the guy. If you did, you'd know that he's more centrist than right, and that he was very harsh on Bush and Bush's administration.
    Calling Obama a racist is idiotic. The guy's mother is white (and his wife is black). Is Beck saying that Obama hates his mother?
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Calling Obama a racist is idiotic. The guy's mother is white (and his wife is black). Is Beck saying that Obama hates his mother?
    *ding* You have no idea what he said or why, but hey, it's America. Feel free to show your cluelessness with all the gusto and vigor you can muster!

    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Calling Obama a racist is idiotic. The guy's mother is white (and his wife is black). Is Beck saying that Obama hates his mother?
    First--I don't think President Obama is a Racist, nor is that his motivation. I think he's an ideologue but that's not important here.

    However, it doesn't mean that he (or anyone of mixed ethnicity) can't be racist. Anyone can be a racist. You can be a racist who holds stereotypes based on race, yet have great affection for someone of that otherwise hated race.

    More benign--it is entirely possible for someone to identify more with one bit of their heritage, than the other. In fact, despite being both black and white, people refer to President Obama as "the first black President" not "the First half Black, half white president."

    It isn't impossible for President Obama to be a racist (again, I don't think he is) or to show racial bias (I have no reason to claim he does that either), just because he happens to be multi-racial.

    All this Race talk strikes me as inaccurate anyway. We only have one race. We aren't different species, we just have different ethnicity.

    KAM
  7. #127  
    Have you ever taken the time to listen to him? Bet you have yet to hear a complete program. Heck, only the 3rd most popular radio talk show. What does he say that qualifies for the whack-a-mole title? Does that mean that Barney is a better representative? What about Charlie W - the tax cheat that he is and his position is government and how many times something gets re-written to suit his needs. Please describe for all of us your description of Barney and Charlie and Nancy and Harry. We really want to know.

    And to think that companies like Sprint, Progressive, et cetera, are bowing down to people like..............Wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Glenn Beck is a whack-a-mole.
  8. #128  
    Obama is racist. Have you not paid attention to who is always playing the race card? The guy's mother is white (so what). The guy's wife is black (so what). We take it you are aware of how Beck's mother died.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Calling Obama a racist is idiotic. The guy's mother is white (and his wife is black). Is Beck saying that Obama hates his mother?
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I love Bujin's style. He throws out several accusations, based on 'out of context references' at best, or totally suspect otherwise.... and then dodges backing them up because he's "not interested in arguing about the merits of that position".
    What accusations did I make? I simply pointed out Sprint's likely position, not mine.

    The constant efforts to make any debate into a personal attack on me is getting pretty tiresome.
  10. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What accusations did I make? I simply pointed out Sprint's likely position, not mine.

    The constant efforts to make any debate into a personal attack on me is getting pretty tiresome.
    Dude, easy. I was admiring your method. You slash, dodge, and parry well!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  11. #131  
    It seems to me that boycotts of products and services are very american....Boston Tea Party anyone?
    With the view that this is somehow infringing on Becks freedom of speech, I just don't see how not doing buisness with a company because of its support for someone is wrong or violating their freedom of speech. Also, I think it does need to be said that the freedom of speech is not a shield or an all encompassing right. The supreme court has from time to time defined what is protected and what is not. For example, you know the whole shouting fire in a theater thing...also there is this tidbit Hal Turner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ....so should Mr.Turner be protected by your definition of freedom of speech???
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    It seems to me that boycotts of products and services are very american....Boston Tea Party anyone?
    With the view that this is somehow infringing on Becks freedom of speech, I just don't see how not doing buisness with a company because of its support for someone is wrong or violating their freedom of speech. Also, I think it does need to be said that the freedom of speech is not a shield or an all encompassing right. The supreme court has from time to time defined what is protected and what is not. For example, you know the whole shouting fire in a theater thing...also there is this tidbit Hal Turner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ....so should Mr.Turner be protected by your definition of freedom of speech???
    Turner directly threatens people. Beck expresses an opinion. I don't get the comparison. Sorry.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Turner directly threatens people. Beck expresses an opinion. I don't get the comparison. Sorry.
    I see it as plane as day. I am surprised you don't:

    6/30/09 Glenn Beck agreed with guest who urged bin Laden to attack U.S. with nuclear weapons: "The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States. Because it’s going to take a grassroots, bottom-up pressure, because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. Only — it’s an absurd situation. Again, only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary."

    8/6/09 Glenn Beck "joked" about giving Speaker Pelosi a glass of wine with poison.

    http://www.democrats.com/boycott-fox...ertisers?ad=d0
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Turner directly threatens people. Beck expresses an opinion. I don't get the comparison. Sorry.
    My point is that the freedom of Speech may encompass becks opinion, however boycotting or protesting advertisers for supporting his opinion is not violating becks freedom of speech.

    "Relationship to other rights
    The right to freedom of speech is closely related to other rights, and may be limited when conflicting with other rights (see Limitations on freedom of speech)."


    In other words, By boycotting advertisers, I am not violating his right to his opinion, because I have the right to boycott those services don't I?

    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I see it as plane as day. I am surprised you don't:

    6/30/09 Glenn Beck agreed with guest who urged bin Laden to attack U.S. with nuclear weapons: "The only chance we have as a country right now is for Osama bin Laden to deploy and detonate a major weapon in the United States. Because it’s going to take a grassroots, bottom-up pressure, because these politicians prize their office, prize the praise of the media and the Europeans. Only — it’s an absurd situation. Again, only Osama can execute an attack which will force Americans to demand that their government protect them effectively, consistently, and with as much violence as necessary."

    8/6/09 Glenn Beck "joked" about giving Speaker Pelosi a glass of wine with poison.

    http://www.democrats.com/boycott-fox...ertisers?ad=d0
    ohh good find But he was only "Joking" right? I guess that DHS report on rightwingers wasn't so off...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/26/2009 at 05:33 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  15. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    He has the freedom to speak, just as those who believe he has been engaging in hate speech have their own freedom of speech right to advocate to his sponsors to drop him.

    Freedom of speech does not equal an entitlement to have a broadcast outlet for your opinions.
    If there is such a thing as "hate speech" this certainly is not it. In any case, you're right, and Jesse Jackson has proven time and again that extortion is legal.
  16. #136  
    It is when those companies enter the political arena without notifying their customers. I have dumped 4 companies as a result. One of them, my automobile insurance company, called me today and asked why I dumped them. The answer was pure and simple: an automobile insurance company does not belong in the political ring. They want my business means they stay neutral.
  17. #137  
    Funny how those who are most vocal against Glenn Beck have never even seen his program! That they can judge him and his program by what they've heard from others. They know nothing of this man or his program other than what other people have told them. Amazing. They're doing the very thing real racists do, namely deal in exaggerations and intolerance! And judging others they don't know and won't know!

    This whole bs started because Glenn Beck rightly observed that Pres. Obama has racist tendencies after he did his own racial profile of the cop that arrested Gates. The group that is calling Beck racist is the same ones who called Pres. Bush a racist. The founder of this race-baiting group went to prison because he helped incite the '92 race riots in L.A.! Now this bunch is inciting new trouble because Glenn Beck had the audacity to investigate the founder of Color of Change! Incredible.

    Those of you who hate Glenn Beck why don't you actually watch the show a few times then if you still hate him at least it will because YOU hate him NOT because others tell you you should!

    Then maybe we'll stop believing everything we're told. Like for instance how we're believing a bunch of criminals saying that the man who investigated them is evil!
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan beyer View Post
    Funny how those who are most vocal against Glenn Beck have never even seen his program! That they can judge him and his program by what they've heard from others. They know nothing of this man or his program other than what other people have told them. Amazing. They're doing the very thing real racists do, namely deal in exaggerations and intolerance! And judging others they don't know and won't know!

    This whole bs started because Glenn Beck rightly observed that Pres. Obama has racist tendencies after he did his own racial profile of the cop that arrested Gates. The group that is calling Beck racist is the same ones who called Pres. Bush a racist. The founder of this race-baiting group went to prison because he helped incite the '92 race riots in L.A.! Now this bunch is inciting new trouble because Glenn Beck had the audacity to investigate the founder of Color of Change! Incredible.

    Those of you who hate Glenn Beck why don't you actually watch the show a few times then if you still hate him at least it will because YOU hate him NOT because others tell you you should!

    Then maybe we'll stop believing everything we're told. Like for instance how we're believing a bunch of criminals saying that the man who investigated them is evil!
    Seriously? I think you got a bad irony alarm or something...
    You don't know me. You don't know what I watch or have watched, in fact i bet you don't know anyone here to be making statements such as the one above. Crap man after calling people you dont know intolerant and you go on to bring to this discussion more of the my side is better than your side cheerleading, I had a tough time justify a response...but i cant sleep so...

    He rightly so called him a racist?
    Seriously?? How about its not ok to call anyone a racist? How about as adults we can avoid the nannie nannie poo poo crud.

    Beck was within his rights however tasteless and inflamitory calling YOUR PRESIDENT a racist. Sprint and the 30 or so advertisers are well within their rights to not advertise when he is drooling from the mouth at 5pm ET
    Did you like when boosh was called a racist for spending less than a dollar a day per person in the initial aftermath of katrina? I bet not so yeah thanks for playing on the merry go round of 2 wrongs make a right...my next point:

    I have seen becks show. His adhd and stupid voices make it akin to watching "yo gabba gabba".
    Further, him playing with the barbie dolls to make points regarding ACORN was lame and confusing...also the fact that he either allowed MSNBC to "tone" down his politics and neuter him or he all of a sudden "found" a pair when he went to Fox also shows his wallet may have made the decision to call YOUR PRESIDENT a racist more so than his own opinion..and also why I think the boycott probably is making him more $$$ than he is losing.....

    Also your inference that TORTURE was just "investigating" shows your true colors. This country is bigger than your backyard and our moral authority is much too expensive to waste on getting Khalik Sheikh Mohammed to spill the beans on OBL...It was wrong. Pure and simple. Ask John Mccain who is an actual Patriot, he knows torture when he see's it and I think we can take his word for it.
    Defend those criminals if you must, but know it will be harder and harder each time you do to respect your opinions as if you were a American. Instead maybe something like a Vichy frenchman? But you are the type of person we should be taking tolerance advice from? PUHLEASE!!!.. Although that's all in my opinion of course....
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/27/2009 at 01:51 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  19. #139  
    Another dbl post....I AM THE DBL POST KING!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It is when those companies enter the political arena without notifying their customers. I have dumped 4 companies as a result. One of them, my automobile insurance company, called me today and asked why I dumped them. The answer was pure and simple: an automobile insurance company does not belong in the political ring. They want my business means they stay neutral.
    hate to say it man, but every company you do business with everyday has skin in the political game. EVERYONE of them. And sadly they have more than you or me or anyone else lacking millions of dollars
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/27/2009 at 02:25 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    *ding* You have no idea what he said or why, but hey, it's America. Feel free to show your cluelessness with all the gusto and vigor you can muster!

    I have seen plenty of clips from Glen Beck's show including that one. The guy is an ***** and I can't imagine why anyone would watch that garbage.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions