Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 261
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHydrogen View Post
    I agree. I have an uncle who takes Fox News as gospel. When talking to him, his arguments couldn't be more illogical.
    Now we know who you take after! lol! just kidding!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I think you are the moron this time. I read a lot of what you say and enjoy reading it up until now. I guess we'll have to day this is 9 out of 10. If Obama just showed his birth certificate, the story would be over, right? At least you started to redeem yourself later. Don't worry, I'll still read what you have to say.
    As ludicrous as it is that I have to do this, I will. Please don't just listen to radio hosts and the blogosphere, actually read and see for yourself:

    FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

    As opposed to the Australian birth certificate morphed into a Kenyan one and used as "proof" of his foreign birth:

    PolitiFact | Alleged Obama birth certificate from Kenya is a hoax

    You know, one can disagree with the President's philosophy or actions without needing to manufacture some ludicrous false charges. It's called democracy and discourse. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  3. #43  
    Unfortunately, many people see guys like Beck and Limbaugh as party leaders. It's sad because they seem to be the most vocal, which is probably why people see them like this in the 1st place. You just have to be careful about who you listen to and always do it objectively.
  4. #44  
    What color is President Obama's dog?
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #45  
    thanks for the post regarding his birth... how did that sneak into this thread as an issue? though I usually land on the right side of these discussion, I'd really prefer the birthers just go away. their argument won't go anywhere and it's nothing more than a distraction from more immediate concerns Obama and the far left liberals are currently causing.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfJonathan View Post
    As ludicrous as it is that I have to do this, I will. Please don't just listen to radio hosts and the blogosphere, actually read and see for yourself:

    FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

    As opposed to the Australian birth certificate morphed into a Kenyan one and used as "proof" of his foreign birth:

    PolitiFact | Alleged Obama birth certificate from Kenya is a hoax

    You know, one can disagree with the President's philosophy or actions without needing to manufacture some ludicrous false charges. It's called democracy and discourse. {ProfJonathan}
    Its interesting that there were some rumblings from leftists about McCain not being qualified to be President because he was born in the Panama Canal zone. I don't recall democrats condemning them, but they might have.

    In any case--both arguments (against Obama and McCain) are idiotic, because they were both Born as Citizens because they both had American Parents to my knowledge. Obama's mother was an American correct? Argument over.

    I don't place much stock in conspiracy theories--these people are in the same category as 9/11 Truthers as far as I'm concerned.

    KAM
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHydrogen View Post
    Unfortunately, many people see guys like Beck and Limbaugh as party leaders. It's sad because they seem to be the most vocal, which is probably why people see them like this in the 1st place. You just have to be careful about who you listen to and always do it objectively.
    No offense, IamHydrogen, you seem like a nice guy. Most "thinking" people know that those guys are commentators and are provocative on purpose. Most "reactionary" people see them as party leaders or as having some sort of power or control. People on the right, just like those on the left, are for the most part, good thoughtful people. They are the ones you don't hear all the time, cause they don't make noise every time something like this happens.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #48  
    Sprint is pulling their advertising from Beck because they think they will sell more phone service by avoiding the negative publicity created by advertising on his show than they will by playing the ads during that show. They are probably right because Beck appeals to a slowly diminishing demographic segment of older white people who skew far to the right politically. Meanwhile, the population in this country that is growing tends to be non-white or hispanic, and has little interest in Beck's brand of paranoia.

    In a small way, this advertising strategy will contribute to Sprint's growth as a company, which should contribute to better service for those of using Sprint.
  9. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Glenn Beck is not a leader in any party. And what does his skin color have to do with it? That's a racist remark, I think. Are you are racist?
    How many democrats listen to Glenn Beck? Do republicans tune in to the show maybe? Do you think they take what he says to be truthful? Do they look to him as an authoritative figure? Yes he is a leader in the republican party, no question, a step below Rush and Hannity and Bill O, but still a leader.

    I didn't call Beck a racist, I think he is using race to be divisive and create controversy where there isn't any. He has nothing to back up what he said.
  10. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHydrogen View Post
    Unfortunately, many people see guys like Beck and Limbaugh as party leaders. It's sad because they seem to be the most vocal, which is probably why people see them like this in the 1st place. You just have to be careful about who you listen to and always do it objectively.
    Well, that's a dishonest attempt to use these media characters to paint a whole group. Is Keith Olberman the "leader" of the Democrat Party--of course not.

    I agree--thinking people can listen to various people and draw their own conclusions--in an objective manner. However, I fear that many people don't.

    KAM
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    What color is President Obama's dog?
    I rest my case... Mr. Beck was right.

  12. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    How many democrats listen to Glenn Beck? Do republicans tune in to the show maybe? Do you think they take what he says to be truthful? Do they look to him as an authoritative figure? Yes he is a leader in the republican party, no question, a step below Rush and Hannity and Bill O, but still a leader.
    Sorry Dave, I've got to disagree with you. Beck is not a Republican leader, even if lots of Republicans like him.

    I'm not sure about his show, but during the election there was a poll about Fox news, and it split pretty evenly in viewers--Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Not exactly 1/3, but fairly close.

    I think Fox news is so popular, because it is somewhat singular for TV news. No other TV "news" outlet leans to the right to my knowledge. So, people that don't want to listen to left leaning "news" turn there.

    KAM
  13. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Well, that's a dishonest attempt to use these media characters to paint a whole group. Is Keith Olberman the "leader" of the Democrat Party--of course not.

    I agree--thinking people can listen to various people and draw their own conclusions--in an objective manner. However, I fear that many people don't.

    KAM
    But you're defending Beck. I think Olbermann is a moron too. Get all of those divisive idiots off the tv/radio. Like it or not, a LOT of people listen to those guys and take what they say as facts.
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    How many democrats listen to Glenn Beck?
    Ok, I'll bite. Ummm, fewer than republicans? I wonder how many libertarians listen to him....
    Do republicans tune in to the show maybe?
    Only those that want facts, I guess.... j/k!
    Do you think they take what he says to be truthful?
    I think he's being truthful, yes. Do I agree with everything he says? Not at all.
    Do they look to him as an authoritative figure?
    Yes, do you see all the people saluting him all the time!? Isn't that amazing! Gosh! Go figure!
    Yes he is a leader in the republican party, no question, a step below Rush and Hannity and Bill O, but still a leader.
    Ok, whats his title, his budget, when and how was he elected or appointed, which party pays him and when?
    I didn't call Beck a racist, I think he is using race to be divisive and create controversy where there isn't any. He has nothing to back up what he said.
    Do you know or care what he said or why? I thought not....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23 View Post
    Sprint is pulling their advertising from Beck because they think they will sell more phone service by avoiding the negative publicity created by advertising on his show than they will by playing the ads during that show. They are probably right because Beck appeals to a slowly diminishing demographic segment of older white people who skew far to the right politically. Meanwhile, the population in this country that is growing tends to be non-white or hispanic, and has little interest in Beck's brand of paranoia.

    In a small way, this advertising strategy will contribute to Sprint's growth as a company, which should contribute to better service for those of using Sprint.
    LOL. Such a funny post. So where you been the last decade or so? Cause last I checked, we're a pretty evenly divided country. In fact, recently the split towards conservativism has increased (look out next election cycle ). Also, last I checked.... we carry cell phones too.

    But I pick my carrier based on their product, service, and rates. I'm just saying....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    But you're defending Beck. I think Olbermann is a moron too. Get all of those divisive idiots off the tv/radio. Like it or not, a LOT of people listen to those guys and take what they say as facts.
    If you were to yank these people some other yahoos would just replace them. Yes alot of people listen to them and take what they say as facts, those "reactionary" folk. These seem to be the same type of people who trust one source and don't seek out information on their own. That's sad.

    I have to agree with Micael, even though I wanted to flame him a few posts ago , you don't hear often enough from the "thinking" demographic. Probably because the emotional, reactionary jump all over them when they present a logical argument and try their damnedest to turn their words into some totally misrepresented concoction.
  17. AKraemer's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    LOL. Such a funny post. So where you been the last decade or so? Cause last I checked, we're a pretty evenly divided country. In fact, recently the split towards conservativism has increased (look out next election cycle ). Also, last I checked.... we carry cell phones too.

    But I pick my carrier based on their product, service, and rates. I'm just saying....
    Why are republicans always saying this? The country's been split towards conservatives since Reagan. But that doesn't mean we're going to vote for extremists. The problem with politics on both sides right now is that 80% of the country is probably either moderate right or moderate left and both sides are letting the far right and left not only lead the debate, but color the issues. The reason there's no bipartisan politics right now is that politicians are listening to the Glenn Becks and Rush Limbaughs and Keith Olbermanns and thinking this is what their constituents want.

    I think we'd rather have a compromise solution to health care - so as to avoid spending even more money in a system that everyone agrees is broken - than we would like to see our representatives in the legislature take a hard line against everything that comes from the other side of the aisle.

    At least I hope so.

    I want to start a political party called the Centrist movement. Our motto is going to be "It just makes freakin' sense."
  18. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    But you're defending Beck. I think Olbermann is a moron too. Get all of those divisive idiots off the tv/radio. Like it or not, a LOT of people listen to those guys and take what they say as facts.
    Hello Dave75,

    I don't believe I'm defending Beck, and I'm not intending to. I'm pointing out that those who are attacking him while giving others a free pass are being unfair.

    Facts are facts--sometimes they might have things accurate and other times they don't. I agree that one shouldn't take things as gospel. I don't however, think they should be taken off the air. I think Olberman is a sputtering *****, but I can choose not to watch him--I don't care what he says.

    KAM
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by AKraemer View Post
    Why are republicans always saying this?
    I dunno. I'm not Republican.
    The country's been split towards conservatives since Reagan. But that doesn't mean we're going to vote for extremists. The problem with politics on both sides right now is that 80% of the country is probably either moderate right or moderate left and both sides are letting the far right and left not only lead the debate, but color the issues. The reason there's no bipartisan politics right now is that politicians are listening to the Glenn Becks and Rush Limbaughs and Keith Olbermanns and thinking this is what their constituents want.
    I'm going to have to disagree with your premise that politicians listen to the becks and olbermanns of the world. In fact, I'm having trouble finding out if they even listen to anyone other than the lobbyists. These guys have no power because *they don't manage the flow of the money*. You want to know who sways the politicians views.... follow the bouncing dollar bill.
    I think we'd rather have a compromise solution to health care - so as to avoid spending even more money in a system that everyone agrees is broken - than we would like to see our representatives in the legislature take a hard line against everything that comes from the other side of the aisle.

    At least I hope so.

    I want to start a political party called the Centrist movement. Our motto is going to be "It just makes freakin' sense."
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Ummm, fewer than republicans? I wonder how many libertarians listen to him....
    I certainly don't claim to speak for all, but 6 months ago, I don't think I'd ever heard of him. And I've really only seen a clip of him with on his show.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions