Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It is kool aid. Have you seen appliances not marked Energy Efficient within the recent past? Within the last ten years? No. This does not stimulate manufacturing and purchases. Other people (me and you) are financing purchases for other people and what does that stimulate? The money to buy these things come from someone and has to be paid back to someone. This really is a loosing proposition. Lower the cost of doing business and that will stimulate the economy. No Kool-aid about that.
    Well, for starters the Health Care Plan WILL lower the cost of doing business.

And your statement makes no sense. You state this will not stimulate purchases and manufacturing then you say other people are paying for those purchases. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I don't have the luxury of getting a "pay check". I am straight commission and I pay all my taxes quarterly. I have no idea about this extra $20. Thanks for the idea of the movie, but, I rarely make movies anymore because I refuse to support liberal Hollywood types.

But as I said earlier, I'm glad tax payers helped out Toyota, 2 of the top 3 cars sold were Toyota cars and hopefully that will help my Toyota stock! So, this was a great stimulus plan for Japan! Once again, helping other countries. Give money back to EVERYONE to spend, not just select people who were going to make a car purchase within the next year anyway. Have you noticed that car sale estimates have been lowered? The reason? Folks that were going to buy simply moved their purchase up. Cash for clunkers is a hoax.
    Sigh, once again let's shine a ray of reality onto your negative propaganda. The people of Huntsville, Alabama; Georgetown, Kentucky; Princeton, Indiana; San Antonio, Texas; and Buffalo, West Virginia all thank you for your support of American jobs in Toyota manufacturing plants.

But why let a little thing like reality get in the way of your decision making processes.
    I know I'll be busted for this...and not on topic....but...gotta ask....at what age is a nose ring a little ridiculous? Don't you get to a certain age and realize it looks silly? Sorry....palandri will likely get on my case for that question....but just a question I've had recently.
    Why don't you start a thread on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Sigh, once again let's shine a ray of reality onto your negative propaganda. The people of Huntsville, Alabama; Georgetown, Kentucky; Princeton, Indiana; San Antonio, Texas; and Buffalo, West Virginia all thank you for your support of American jobs in Toyota manufacturing plants.

But why let a little thing like reality get in the way of your decision making processes.
    Reality check for you.....where is the head company located? In another post I did comment that I realize Americans do get the trickle down (I know you libs don't like that phrase, "trickle down"), but bottom line, it ain't Ford or any other American based company....it's from Japan. Again, as a holder of TM stock, no complaints on that front.

I still say it is selective stimulus and only helps certain industries. I am discriminated against because I don't need a new car and am not in need of an applicance. There are other services and products I will need in the near future, why not give me more money in the form of a tax break (something more substantial than $20) so I can "spread the wealth". I realize that isn't the Barry style, to allow Americans to choose where to spend their money, but will allow everyone to share in this stimulus!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Why don't you start a thread on it?
    I might....not sure....probably not many people could really address the issue. Would you know anyone that could answer that question?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    David Letterman had it the BEST!

The NEW Stimulus Program!

MONEY for MONKEYS!

Turn in your OLD Monkeys, get NEW ONES! YAY!!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
    I might....not sure....probably not many people could really address the issue. Would you know anyone that could answer that question?
    Never know until you try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

MONEY for MONKEYS!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
    Now there is an *****....Letterman. People say Beck is a mean guy....Letterman....he's become a cranky old guy that finds humor in jokes about raping children. Not a funny guy....kind of sick dude, really.

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

MONEY for MONKEYS!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
    Does that include sock monkeys?

My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

1-If you think the American economy is NOT tied to the worlds, then you need to wake up. No matter where the money ends up, the money you pay for a vehicle affects many areas. If you buy certain GM's, then you may help Mexicans and Canadians as well as Mr Lutz. You buying a car is helping the GLOBAL economy.

2-The product we choose to buy dictates which company does well. So it should say a lot about us Americans who have thrusted VW, Toyota, and Sony into the top of their industries. That usually means that the product offered by the company on top is better suited for the people (I didnt say the best). So are we hypocrites for clamoring for a better US economy and yet buying Toyota's and Sony's? Or are we just too blind to see that the economy is global and its relatively unimportant?

Yes!!
    Reality check for you.....where is the head company located? In another post I did comment that I realize Americans do get the trickle down (I know you libs don't like that phrase, "trickle down"), but bottom line, it ain't Ford or any other American based company....it's from Japan. Again, as a holder of TM stock, no complaints on that front.

I still say it is selective stimulus and only helps certain industries. I am discriminated against because I don't need a new car and am not in need of an applicance. There are other services and products I will need in the near future, why not give me more money in the form of a tax break (something more substantial than $20) so I can "spread the wealth". I realize that isn't the Barry style, to allow Americans to choose where to spend their money, but will allow everyone to share in this stimulus!
    Yes, the car and appliance stimulus plans have as one of their goals to support manufacturers in the United States which we've allowed to go overseas. The consumer driven economy is a race to the bottom.

And $20 bucks every week is very substantial compared to the Bush stimulus check. If you don't want to see a movie why not buy a book with your $20. I recommend Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life by Robert Reich.
  12.    #32  
    ...And $20 bucks every week is very substantial compared to the Bush stimulus check. If you don't want to see a movie why not buy a book with your $20. I recommend Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life by Robert Reich.
    ...and excellent selection daThomas!

I would also like to recommend Democracy for the Few:
    Amazon.com: Democracy for the Few (9780495007449): Michael Parenti : Books
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Yes, the car and appliance stimulus plans have as one of their goals to support manufacturers in the United States which we've allowed to go overseas. The consumer driven economy is a race to the bottom.

And $20 bucks every week is very substantial compared to the Bush stimulus check. If you don't want to see a movie why not buy a book with your $20. I recommend Supercapitalism: The Transformation of Business, Democracy, and Everyday Life by Robert Reich.
    Buy a book? Why would you buy a book when there are so many books you can borrow from a friend or get from the Library?

I do appreciate your book recommendation, however, Robert Reich? No thanks. LOL I definitely wouldn't give him a dime. If I was going to buy a new book and support anyone, it would be maybe for Glenn Beck's new book (you know, gotta help him out since all those advertisers have abandoned him)...or maybe Michelle Malkin's book "Culture of Corruption".....or maybe even "Catastrophe" by **** Morris. But thanks for thinking of me!

... But thanks for thinking of me!
    No problem. Always ready to point out a collection of facts to clear out the smoke of the talking heads.

No problem. Always ready to point out a collection of facts to clear out the smoke of the talking heads.

I almost feel like busting out in "We are the World"!

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You guys don't gripe too much about the appliances bill, ok? I need a new washer and dryer....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    You guys don't gripe too much about the appliances bill, ok? I need a new washer and dryer....
    LOL....everyone loves a program when they have something to gain from it.....grrrrrr. And Micael, that was not an attack! LOL

But seriously....that is the problem with us Americans. Social Security needs some serious changes, but you mention that to someone about to hit retirement and they freak out...."don't touch social security". Someone doesn't have healthcare.....well....we need healthcare reform. Thinking about a car?....well....the cash for clunkers was a pretty good deal, huh? Owned stock in one of those banks about to go under?....well....better support the banks with some government money. Your parents have retirement benefits through the American auto manufacturers, well....better support the auto bail out. It's all selective with what helps us at the time.....and that is why this country is going down the toilet financially. No one is willing to give up

Unfortunately, you win elections by running on "change we can believe in".....because no one will win an election if you run on "making the tough decisions that will **** everyone off but save the country." It just don't work that way.
    Last edited by clemgrad85; 08/28/2009 at 03:12 PM.

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    But Clem, I *want* you to help me pay for my new washer and dryer. Do you really want my kids to wear smelly wrinkly clothes? They have a right to clean fresh smelling clothes! Just ask them! They'll tell you!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    But Clem, I *want* you to help me pay for my new washer and dryer. Do you really want my kids to wear smelly wrinkly clothes? They have a right to clean fresh smelling clothes! Just ask them! They'll tell you!
    Damn.....the "for the children" arguement.....gets to me everytime.....smart move Micael! LOL Who can argue against something if it is for the children....you can't....I think it is against the law....but....for the record, it is not mentioned in the Constitution!

Hey guys.....its ing Friday! Whooohooooo. Let's put on our best nose rings and get out there!

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Damn.....the "for the children" arguement.....gets to me everytime.....smart move Micael! LOL Who can argue against something if it is for the children....you can't....I think it is against the law....but....for the record, it is not mentioned in the Constitution!

Hey guys.....its ing Friday! Whooohooooo. Let's put on our best nose rings and get out there!
    Nose rings? That's so 90s.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast