Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    We are sure that everyone knows that Jones resigned as Communist Guy In Charge.
    Dang, I wish I could get away with the Rangel Rule. Not really, it ain't right to let these cheats off.
  3. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

The other thread where I mocked the possibility of this guy being fired is locked now, but I also mentioned it here, so, I'll address it here.

I was wrong...well sort of. Van Jones is gone, and that's the thing I said I thought wouldn't happen. Of course he "resigned" rather than being fired--typical in politics. Of course, this agitator of course blames the dividers--which is hilarious in a bad way given that this guy has made a career of phshing racial divides and capitalizing on them.

I guess I should have learned from the Reverend Wright flap. President Obama showed there that he is more than willing to do a 180. First he can't disavow him any more than his own Grandmother...and then does. Of course kicking a racist, anti-american ***** to the curb is the good move...too bad it just took him 20 years to do it.

Anyway--Van Jones is gone--I'm sure he'll find some liberal think tank to soak money from, producing nothing other than words. However, this isn't a victory--its merely one cog in a very big machine dedicated to forwarding anti-capitalism. This is just one unaccountable ideologue that's been shifted around, with dozens or hundreds still lurking about doing god knows what.

Back to my prediction--what I think this really indicates is the weakness of the position the Obama administration has found itself in, likely due to botching their Heathcare "reform" effort so badly. Obama's strategy has to been as non-specific and non-committal about everything possible for his entire career. Speak in nonsensical generalities as much as possible, and try to be all things to all people. That also means he can concentrate on being a pitchman, rather than dealing with those pesky details. Unfortunately, those he trusts to work on those details are even more radical, and produce a lot of hard to sell nonsense. Essentially--its catching up with him, and that's long past due. This guy has become President without any real accomplishments other than successful job hopping.

Anyway--the unaccountable Czar system that has been greatly expanded in an attempt to decrease accountability continues.

KAM
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM1138 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

The other thread where I mocked the possibility of this guy being fired is locked now, but I also mentioned it here, so, I'll address it here.

I was wrong...well sort of. Van Jones is gone, and that's the thing I said I thought wouldn't happen. Of course he "resigned" rather than being fired--typical in politics. Of course, this agitator of course blames the dividers--which is hilarious in a bad way given that this guy has made a career of phshing racial divides and capitalizing on them.

I guess I should have learned from the Reverend Wright flap. President Obama showed there that he is more than willing to do a 180. First he can't disavow him any more than his own Grandmother...and then does. Of course kicking a racist, anti-american ***** to the curb is the good move...too bad it just took him 20 years to do it.

Anyway--Van Jones is gone--I'm sure he'll find some liberal think tank to soak money from, producing nothing other than words. However, this isn't a victory--its merely one cog in a very big machine dedicated to forwarding anti-capitalism. This is just one unaccountable ideologue that's been shifted around, with dozens or hundreds still lurking about doing god knows what.

Back to my prediction--what I think this really indicates is the weakness of the position the Obama administration has found itself in, likely due to botching their Heathcare "reform" effort so badly. Obama's strategy has to been as non-specific and non-committal about everything possible for his entire career. Speak in nonsensical generalities as much as possible, and try to be all things to all people. That also means he can concentrate on being a pitchman, rather than dealing with those pesky details. Unfortunately, those he trusts to work on those details are even more radical, and produce a lot of hard to sell nonsense. Essentially--its catching up with him, and that's long past due. This guy has become President without any real accomplishments other than successful job hopping.

Anyway--the unaccountable Czar system that has been greatly expanded in an attempt to decrease accountability continues.

KAM
    I don't get it. If we don't like the "czar system", why don't we do away with it? It's not that I think that the pres shouldn't be able to appoint people to mind certain shops and be accountable to him for reporting status, metrics, ideals, etc.... My issue is that these people aren't vetted, except by the "white house staff".
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Van Jone is gone only in the sense that he no longer wanders around the White House. He is still there in spirit, just down the street and will be in close contact with White House staff. I bet everybody heard Nancy's glowing comments about Jones and how wonderful he is, et cetera. Bet she is angry and embarrassed that his past came to light. The bad thing though is that the press did not mention any of the controversy and his resignation until well after the fact.

Hello Everyone,

KAM
  6. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't get it. If we don't like the "czar system", why don't we do away with it? It's not that I think that the pres shouldn't be able to appoint people to mind certain shops and be accountable to him for reporting status, metrics, ideals, etc.... My issue is that these people aren't vetted, except by the "white house staff".
    Well, I'd say the answer is "good luck" getting the government to be accountable to the people. There have been Czars for a while, but President Obama has expanded them to ridiculous levels. What they are technically, I believe are "special advisors" and as such, they don't go through the same process. However, as such, they should have ZERO independence, and remain advisors. They should have no control of funds, no staff, nothing.

My view is that this expanded system is an attempt to bypass the system where these people are approved by the Senate. I'm guessing many of them couldn't pass the Senate.

My view is this--hold the President 100% accountable for the people he hires to advise him, and Congress should hold those purse-strings of course, but since they are all working together there is no check and balance function.

KAM
  7. KAM1138
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Van Jone is gone only in the sense that he no longer wanders around the White House. He is still there in spirit, just down the street and will be in close contact with White House staff. I bet everybody heard Nancy's glowing comments about Jones and how wonderful he is, et cetera. Bet she is angry and embarrassed that his past came to light. The bad thing though is that the press did not mention any of the controversy and his resignation until well after the fact.
    True, so in that sense, my prediction from the other thread is correct. His job title might change, but this guy will still be doing what he does (which isn't creating jobs) and attempting to harm capitalism.

The whole "green jobs" thing is ridiculous anyway. There aren't green jobs, blue jobs, red jobs. There are jobs. If "green" jobs--building windmills or whatever are economically viable--they will be there. You can't create jobs because you wish them into existence. Of course, that's not the plan--the plan is to use taxpayer money from productive elements of the economy and throw them into areas that are NOT self-sustaining.

Is that a good plan? Depends. If it is an investment that then ends up producing, that's a good idea. If it is a giveaway to various cronies, then it isn't. Given their record in the short time in office, I suspect the latter with this administration.

KAM
    Van Jones was responsible for about $80 million.

Well, I'd say the answer is "good luck" getting the government to be accountable to the people. There have been Czars for a while, but President Obama has expanded them to ridiculous levels. What they are technically, I believe are "special advisors" and as such, they don't go through the same process. However, as such, they should have ZERO independence, and remain advisors. They should have no control of funds, no staff, nothing.

My view is that this expanded system is an attempt to bypass the system where these people are approved by the Senate. I'm guessing many of them couldn't pass the Senate.

My view is this--hold the President 100% accountable for the people he hires to advise him, and Congress should hold those purse-strings of course, but since they are all working together there is no check and balance function.

KAM
    There have been no green jobs invented and have there been any jobs created from the Stinkulus?

True, so in that sense, my prediction from the other thread is correct. His job title might change, but this guy will still be doing what he does (which isn't creating jobs) and attempting to harm capitalism.

The whole "green jobs" thing is ridiculous anyway. There aren't green jobs, blue jobs, red jobs. There are jobs. If "green" jobs--building windmills or whatever are economically viable--they will be there. You can't create jobs because you wish them into existence. Of course, that's not the plan--the plan is to use taxpayer money from productive elements of the economy and throw them into areas that are NOT self-sustaining.

Is that a good plan? Depends. If it is an investment that then ends up producing, that's a good idea. If it is a giveaway to various cronies, then it isn't. Given their record in the short time in office, I suspect the latter with this administration.

KAM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345