Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
  1. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Just like the other poster commented, bush got the same thing. It doesnt matter if you believe he "deserved" it. Because thats your opinion. We have the right to flame obama also, because it is my opinion along with a good majority of the country that he isnt doing much better. It makes me laugh to know you all got swindled by his campaign
    I'm doubting that they will ever realize that, or admit to it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #62  
    Oh great. More power grab. When will people wake up, I wonder....

    Bill would give president emergency control of Internet
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Oh great. More power grab. When will people wake up, I wonder....

    Bill would give president emergency control of Internet
    Doesn't surprise me at all.....it's just taking a little bit more at a time until we'll wake up one day and realize the government controls every major part of our lives. Not sure people will wake up or not because having government provide everything gives some comfort that they can relax, "the government will take care of me, and protect me." It is sad though.....as Ross Perot said to Larry King....."it's just sad Larry".
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all.....it's just taking a little bit more at a time until we'll wake up one day and realize the government controls every major part of our lives.
    Honestly, I'm not sure that that day wasn't about 6 months ago, and we're just sleeping through it. Are we a socialist country yet?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5.    #65  
    Why would Barry pick an admitted racist and communist to be one of his Czars? This guy Van Jones is ridiculous. Just goes to show you that Barry will hang out with anyone. Funny....Barry will reach across the aisle to racists and communists but won't reach across the aisle to Republicans. And now they find that this Czar Jones is a believer in the theory that the government allowed 9/11 to happen. Well heck, I think palandri believes that to, so probably not a shocker to many on the liberal side.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  6. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Why would Barry pick an admitted racist and communist to be one of his Czars? This guy Van Jones is ridiculous. Just goes to show you that Barry will hang out with anyone. Funny....Barry will reach across the aisle to racists and communists but won't reach across the aisle to Republicans. And now they find that this Czar Jones is a believer in the theory that the government allowed 9/11 to happen. Well heck, I think palandri believes that to, so probably not a shocker to many on the liberal side.
    Isn't it interesting that leftists are so up in arms about these "birthers" but seem completely ok with having a 9/11 Truther on the public payroll advising the President.

    Now, I should state that I don't buy into this Birther stuff, and I find it to be a nonsensical argument, because Obama was born as US Citizen, regardless of where he was physically born, because his Mother was a US Citizen. This is a non-argument in my view, and a waste of time. Following a non-issue doggedly is not an indication of good thinking.

    However compared to the sheer lunacy of the 9-11 Truthers, it is a curiosity. These people are certifiable in my opinion, clinging to disproven claims and wild conspiracies.

    The President stated that he would surround himself with reasonable people, but that isn't at all the case. He is choosing some of the most radical leftists out there--and in this case a lunatic conspiracy theorist, who continually race baits as well. In my view, this is very telling, and reveals a lot about the actual sort of person President Obama is--that is a leftist ideologue.

    KAM
  7.    #67  
    I agree 100% with you. Barry is our president and these folks just need to drop this birth certificate thing. But these 9/11 Truther folks are crazy. And it is funny how liberals call the "birthers" nuts and seem to keep their mouth shut on the "truthers".

    Hey palandri....you ready to denounce the "truthers" as nuts?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8. KAM1138
    KAM1138's Avatar
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I agree 100% with you. Barry is our president and these folks just need to drop this birth certificate thing. But these 9/11 Truther folks are crazy. And it is funny how liberals call the "birthers" nuts and seem to keep their mouth shut on the "truthers".

    Hey palandri....you ready to denounce the "truthers" as nuts?
    Ah, as predicted, here comes the denial

    From ABC news Website
    In a statement issued Thursday evening Jones said of "the petition that was circulated today, I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever."

    See--its all just a big mistake. This communist radical didn't have anything to do with that lunatic group of conspiracy theorists.
    Nothing is going to happen to this guy. He's going to keep collecting a Government paycheck as one of these ridiculous Czars (which has gotten WAY out of hand), and producing nothing (like most government officials I suspect--regardless of which administration).

    Here's the solution--Hold President Obama accountable for the people he puts in positions of power and influence. Stop letting him deny every radical he has surrounded himself with for his entire career. Stop letting him make excuses for close associations with people like Wright, or less close associations with people like ACTUAL homegrown Terrorist Bill Ayers. These things speak to the person that he is, and his political viewpoints.

    Of course he's welcome to them--he just isn't welcome to lie about them to the American people, and pass himself off as a middle of the Road pragmatist. Of course that was necessary to get Elected, because the American people rarely if ever as a group choose radical leftists when they are told the truth.

    KAM
  9.    #69  
    GOOD BYE VAN JONES! Thanks to Glenn Beck for exposing who Van Jones was, a racist communist. One of the Czars is no longer. I hope the rest of the media will start looking into some of these other crazy Czars that Barry has surrounded himself with. Barry has clearly shown a lack of judgement on who he surrounds himself with....unless of course, you happen to like hanging out with racist communists.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    GOOD BYE VAN JONES! Thanks to Glenn Beck for exposing who Van Jones was, a racist communist. One of the Czars is no longer. I hope the rest of the media will start looking into some of these other crazy Czars that Barry has surrounded himself with. Barry has clearly shown a lack of judgement on who he surrounds himself with....unless of course, you happen to like hanging out with racist communists.
    It's like Deja vu all over again: Joseph McCarthy's Stand on Communism
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  11. #71  
    "Na na na na / na na na na / hey hey hey / goodbye" Who is the "A" hole now Van, O'h thats right you called yourself that as well as a 9-11 truther.
    Last edited by mbsprinter; 09/06/2009 at 08:37 AM.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    It's like Deja vu all over again: Joseph McCarthy's Stand on Communism
    I'm sorry palandri....this is probably a sad morning for you as you start to realize that Barry surrounds himself time and time again with racists and communists. Hmmm, if he hangs out with racists....I wonder....does that make him a racist as well? This guy, who ran on bringing the country together, has divided the country like no other President....and I believe it is because Barry is really just a community organizer, and not a very good one at that.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I'm sorry palandri....this is probably a sad morning for you as you start to realize that Barry surrounds himself time and time again with racists and communists. Hmmm, if he hangs out with racists....I wonder....does that make him a racist as well? This guy, who ran on bringing the country together, has divided the country like no other President....and I believe it is because Barry is really just a community organizer, and not a very good one at that.
    OK!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    OK!
    Making progess with you! I'll take that as agreeing with my previous comment!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Making progess with you! I'll take that as agreeing with my previous comment!
    More like this: It's like Deja vu all over again: Joseph McCarthy's Stand on Communism
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    More like this: It's like Deja vu all over again: Joseph McCarthy's Stand on Communism
    So please palandri....please defend Van Jones.....please explain how someone like this guy gets past Barry? Do some simple "googling"....that's all Barry had to do....or.....maybe he knew of Van's past and liked it? Surely he investigated the man....right? So the only conclusion is he must of thought a racist communist would be good to recieve advice from....you know....get all views. Isn't that the type of people who should be advising the Prez? Good grief.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    More like this: It's like Deja vu all over again: Joseph McCarthy's Stand on Communism
    I have no problem with communists and socialists being able to speak freely in this country....no problem there. But, I think it is another story when the President starts to surround himself with adivisors that are admitted (he was in a communist organization and made many pro-communist statements and speeches) communists. You don't dispute his ties to the statements and comments do you? For him to be out of the White House should be a no brainer unless you happen to believe in communism. You don't advocate communism, do you?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  18. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #78  
    I'm not sure, but wouldn't the claim McCarthyism only be appropriate if Van Jones was falsely claimed of being a Communist? To my knowledge, he has called himself a Communist. He does, or at least very recently did, hold to Communist ideas. He was associated with the group called STORM. He has said that he wants eco-green to be a small stepping stone to a total societal transformation. Am I being obtuse or does the claim Communist fit?

    I do think this is important because regimes using the same title are respinsible for the murders of roughly 110,000,000 people--that's 110 million people--in the Twentieth Century. That's nearly twice the number of all the people murdered by every other form of government combined.

    Lest people think I'm being overly dramatic, please think for a moment why nobody likes being called a Nazi.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I'm not sure, but wouldn't the claim McCarthyism only be appropriate if Van Jones was falsely claimed of being a Communist? To my knowledge, he has called himself a Communist. He does, or at least very recently did, hold to Communist ideas. He was associated with the group called STORM. He has said that he wants eco-green to be a small stepping stone to a total societal transformation. Am I being obtuse or does the claim Communist fit?

    I do think this is important because regimes using the same title are respinsible for the murders of roughly 110,000,000 people--that's 110 million people--in the Twentieth Century. That's nearly twice the number of all the people murdered by every other form of government combined.

    Lest people think I'm being overly dramatic, please think for a moment why nobody likes being called a Nazi.
    Groovy....all valid points. Jones affiliation with communist groups and speech is well documented. The point we have to come to grips with is liberals don't care, LOL. They will defend their liberal friends regardless of what they are associated with.

    Look at Rep Rangel....the man continues to make mistakes on taxes that for us normal Americans would get us fined. He failed to report $75k of rental income last year...and I don't think he got any IRS fine. I screwed up last year and didn't put in a 1099 (I get a ton of 1099s each year, it was on my list of 1099s, but simply got left off, my bad) and I had to pay the back taxes and the interest on the unreported income. It was my fault and I did not fight the issue (besides, as a citizen, I'm not going to fight the IRS, lol). There are also some problems with NY City Rent Stabilization Laws (which I know nothing about) and the latest is failing to report $500k of assets in 2007. WTF? Is that like Jones not reading what he signs? How do you miss $500k of assets? Why are there rules for liberals in Congress and other rules for us citizens?

    But....liberals will defend the guy. I hear there is now something called the "Rangel Rule" which is being proposed:

    All U.S. taxpayers would enjoy the same immunity from IRS penalties and interest as House Ways and Means Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Obama Administration Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, if a bill introduced today by Congressman John Carter (R-TX) becomes law.

    Carter, a former longtime Texas judge, today introduced the Rangel Rule Act of 2009, HR 735, which would prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from charging penalties and interest on back taxes against U.S. citizens. Under the proposed law, any taxpayer who wrote “Rangel Rule” on their return when paying back taxes would be immune from penalties and interest.

    I'm all for this!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  20. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    All U.S. taxpayers would enjoy the same immunity from IRS penalties and interest as House Ways and Means Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Obama Administration Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, if a bill introduced today by Congressman John Carter (R-TX) becomes law.

    Carter, a former longtime Texas judge, today introduced the Rangel Rule Act of 2009, HR 735, which would prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from charging penalties and interest on back taxes against U.S. citizens. Under the proposed law, any taxpayer who wrote “Rangel Rule” on their return when paying back taxes would be immune from penalties and interest.

    I'm all for this!
    Rangel Rule, I love it!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions