Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Don't click on that site. Just a forewarning if you haven't already heard about this. Supposedly, if you click onto this site, your computer is automatically considered government property, where supposedly, govt malware, tracking cookies and other software are used to track your every move. If these claims say are true, Obama's czars are REALLY going bat**** on their privacy violation methods. This looks like Chavez / Castro gestapo territory.

    I thought the left were against invasion of privacy, selective profiling, the patriot act and the like during the Bush administration! Those policies were child's play compared to what Obozo seems to be up if in fact these claims are true.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE
  2. #2  
    That story has been debunked pretty thoroughly:

    PolitiFact | Is Big Brother snooping on Cash for Clunkers site?
  3. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #3  
    I don't know if I'd say they've "thoroughly" debunked it. They basically just said its not true because the language that stated the gov would have access to your computer files was on the part of the site accessed by dealers. Now, why would they need to have access to the dealer computer?

    Anyway, I'm going to say this was probably just a case of bad phrasing on their part. But its good to keep them on their toes.
  4. #4  
    Well, the idea that the government is using the Clunkers program to emulate a "Chavez / Catro gestapo" program has indeed been thoroughly debunked. A poorly-worded disclaimer does not a gestapo make....it was just one more attempt to paint the administration as foreign and dangerous. And a rather silly one at that.
  5. #5  
    Once again you are wrong - no debunking with the computer thing. Why it stopped is because of the out cry - no other reason. Chances are that some low life wanted to cover all of the bases and regardless what is in print is what we go with. Remember, words, just words.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Once again you are wrong - no debunking with the computer thing. Why it stopped is because of the out cry - no other reason. Chances are that some low life wanted to cover all of the bases and regardless what is in print is what we go with. Remember, words, just words.
    I don't have a clue what you're trying to say in this post. But it's not really a surprise that you don't believe Politifact: as a proud supporter of the birther movement, it stamds to reason that you see conspiracies in this as well.
  7. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #7  
    What I have heard is that DEALERS must install the governments monitoring software to ensure things are being handle the way they should.

    Ex, actually disposing of the vehicles instead of reselling them. My truck gets about 13 miles a gallon which is worth of a cash-for-clunkers trade, however if my truck were to be sold it is valued at 8,000. The government doesn't want dealers to give me 4500 for my truck and buy a new vehicle and then have the dealer dell my vehicle and make more profit on it( after all they were given the money to help bail them out, not make them rich ).

    I guess I could ask a dealer just whats up...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, the idea that the government is using the Clunkers program to emulate a "Chavez / Catro gestapo" program has indeed been thoroughly debunked. A poorly-worded disclaimer does not a gestapo make....it was just one more attempt to paint the administration as foreign and dangerous. And a rather silly one at that.
    Silly claims have been made on both sides in most issues. It is always a good thing to investigate every issue thoroughly, Mr Bujin..
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Silly claims have been made on both sides in most issues. It is always a good thing to investigate every issue thoroughly, Mr Bujin..
    Typically, that's what factcheck.org and politifact do, in cases such as this "cars.gov" myth. Unfortunately, people tend to discount even reputable, fact-based sites such as this when it conflicts with one's ideology.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  10.    #10  
    It is perfectly reasonable to raise an issue like this regardless of one's "ideology" Bujin. Its how potential issues are investigated. You would do the same here when a republican policy conflicted with YOUR ideology.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    A poorly-worded disclaimer does not a gestapo make.....
    Vee hab vays to make you Clunk!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  12.    #12  
    "Originally Posted by Bujin:
    A poorly-worded disclaimer does not a gestapo make....."
    Then clear up the poorly worded disclaimer and fully explain the process, otherwise a gestapo the poorly worded disclaimer appears to make!
  13. #13  
    A birther? You are aware of what is behind the movement, we are all sure of that. Others provide the documentation, Barry does not. Birther? Not at all. My desire is that he play fair like the others instead of avoiding and lying. That's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't have a clue what you're trying to say in this post. But it's not really a surprise that you don't believe Politifact: as a proud supporter of the birther movement, it stamds to reason that you see conspiracies in this as well.
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A birther? You are aware of what is behind the movement, we are all sure of that. Others provide the documentation, Barry does not. Birther? Not at all. My desire is that he play fair like the others instead of avoiding and lying. That's it.
    Labels like birther and tea-bagger are just convenient ways of not having to answer any questions. And, for the record, I do think he was born in Hawaii.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    A birther? You are aware of what is behind the movement, we are all sure of that. Others provide the documentation, Barry does not. Birther? Not at all.
    If you believe it, although it has been thoroughly debunked (as certified by the State of Hawaii, as well as newspaper announcements at the time of his birth), then you are, by definition, a birther and conspiracy theorist.

    PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

    FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

    In answer to the frequently cited conspiracy theory that Obama hasn't shown his "long form birth certificate", factcheck.org states: "The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. "

    It's time to admit that we elected a legitimate black president.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  16. #16  
    Another sign that evil government intervention actually can work - I'm sure it'll be spun as a bad thing:

    GM raises production - Aug. 18, 2009
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Another sign that evil government intervention actually can work - I'm sure it'll be spun as a bad thing:

    GM raises production - Aug. 18, 2009
    Ummm, its a small raise in production. Yeah, they got some demand up... that happens when you shut down half the factories and close half the dealerships and don't forget all the other companies left high and dry from the bankrupcy. No place to go from here but up, Bujin. Makes for great press for Obama, don't it.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ummm, its a small raise in production. Yeah, they got some demand up... that happens when you shut down half the factories and close half the dealerships and don't forget all the other companies left high and dry from the bankrupcy. No place to go from here but up, Bujin. Makes for great press for Obama, don't it.
    I think memories are short about how close we were to Great Depression II. It just kills some people to give any credit at all to the current administration.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    "Originally Posted by Bujin:
    A poorly-worded disclaimer does not a gestapo make....."
    Then clear up the poorly worded disclaimer and fully explain the process, otherwise a gestapo the poorly worded disclaimer appears to make!
    If you click the link above, it clarifies the issue.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ummm, its a small raise in production. Yeah, they got some demand up... that happens when you shut down half the factories and close half the dealerships and don't forget all the other companies left high and dry from the bankrupcy. No place to go from here but up, Bujin. Makes for great press for Obama, don't it.
    Another aspect of the impact of the Clunkers program is that there's speculation that it really hasn't increased demand, but merely shifted it forward. How many people that took advantage of the program were planning to buy a car anyway and simply moved their purchase forward to get the rebate?

    It's possible that sales will drop again once the program is scrapped.
    Last edited by semprini; 08/20/2009 at 01:52 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions