Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Ok, we all already know that I'm a geek, so no big surprise here; but I'm also an online games addict.

I got to wondering - how many other palm users out there were also into online games? I've been playing WoW now for about 2 and a half years, and before that I've played many text based MUDs (MultiUser Dungeons), going back to the BBS days in the mid 1980s. I was a sysop then, myself, with a small multiline Major BBS.

Any other online game fanatics out there? What I'm really waiting for is a smartphone client to WoW. Can you imagine stumbling through a 5 man instance, casting mage spells or heals on the tank, on a Centro? I can!

Back before I got on to WoW, I -was- playing text based MUDs on my Treo 650, using a telnet app. It was cumbersome, but doable!

And, along these lines, anyone watched the online series "The Guild"? It's hysterical cause it's soooo close to the truth!

So, are there any other online gamers willing to come out of the closet? And, more importantly, are there any programmers working on a WoW client for the Pre?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    That would be nice but I would wait for these phones to get a gpu like the tegra to handle it rather than have the processor take the full load.

I played WoW for about two years also but after playing a heroic instance and trying to go throug a 25 man raid and fail, I got myself to quit after going through 7 hours of misery and waste of time.

I, on the other hand, always feel relieved when I play fps games and get top kills for my team .

Anyway, we really need next gen game development for these mobile devices! The slow paced games are nice but they don't give me the satifaction I need.

I think it's possible to at least get some gameboy advance/nintendo ds game quality on mobiles. So I can't wait.
    im not an expert on computer and stuff
    but it seems to me that the pre would not be anywhere close to powerful enough to run wow
    1. the screen is far too small imagine how cramped it would be
    2. The graphics on wow would not run on the phone
    3. I am not sure how it works but i would imagine that the internet would be too slow to run it

it just wouldnt work

maybe somewhere in the near future
    I still play Guild Wars from time to time, but that's about it anymore.
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfjar93 View Post
    im not an expert on computer and stuff
    but it seems to me that the pre would not be anywhere close to powerful enough to run wow
    1. the screen is far too small imagine how cramped it would be
    2. The graphics on wow would not run on the phone
    3. I am not sure how it works but i would imagine that the internet would be too slow to run it

it just wouldnt work

maybe somewhere in the near future
    Maybe not. Not yet anyway, but it's really not all that far fetched. The graphics could all be stored on a 4gig card, and the only thing being transmitted would be command strings and text. Even if you couldn't do a full WoW interface, it would be cool if you had a toon parked in the auctionhouse and you could log it and do some buying and selling. Maybe simple tasks like that could be developed. Maybe I should contact Blizzard, who owns WoW..... hrm.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I currently play WoW and CoD. really looking forward to Champions Online coming out in a few weeks. I don't think being a gamer carries the same stigma it used to, I used to be afraid to come out of the closet but pretty much everyone I work with plays online games in some form(although I work on computers so i guess that is to be expected.)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    used to play COUNTERSTRIKE regularly. not much anymore. i've used my instinct to tether my laptop and played a few rounds also. but i used to get kicked alot too. ping was ridiculous
    I still play cod waw regularly.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Played UO back in the dial-up days. Been playing DDO on and off since launch. I also capped a couple toons in Aoc to try in out ... beautiful graphics but missed the DDO community. I am an old DnD geek and proud of it. I do not see playing graphic intense MMOs on Pre but a MUD would be coll your maybe just some apps to go with tabletop like e-dice, character sheets etc... An e-reader would be great not just for leisure reading but would be awesome to have a bunch of game rule books in palm of hand. Micael thanks for the webisode link looks like something I would find amusing.