Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Someone sent me this and I thought it was funny.

Ain't it great that President Clinton was able to get those poor girls out of North Korea?

Yes....nice to know they are safe....but I honestly don't understand why people (other than military) put themselves in dangerous situations and then apparently are suprised when things go wrong. Why did they go there in the first place? What were they trying to prove? Were they really all that safe with Bill on that plane? Many questions on this one.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yes....nice to know they are safe....but I honestly don't understand why people (other than military) put themselves in dangerous situations and then apparently are suprised when things go wrong. Why did they go there in the first place? What were they trying to prove? Were they really all that safe with Bill on that plane? Many questions on this one.
    That depends on what your definition of the word "safe" is.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    That depends on what your definition of the word "safe" is.
  5.    #5  
    So the girls deserved it, is that what your sayin? And, instead of insulting, can you fellas can even bring yourselves to thank the person who helped get them out?

Wow, just wow.....
    (I learned that last phrase from my son, its a way of pretending on line to be outraged, ha ha)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    There were already negotiations going on for months prior for their release. Clinton went over then to "pick them up" essentially, but he did not get them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    So the girls deserved it, is that what your sayin? And, instead of insulting, can you fellas can even bring yourselves to thank the person who helped get them out?

Wow, just wow.....
    (I learned that last phrase from my son, its a way of pretending on line to be outraged, ha ha)
    Ease up killer....I didn't knock Bill. Bill's a big boy, he doesn't need me thanking him for getting these women out of a country that they had no business sneaking into. It's like these 3 youngsters who just got captured in Iran....I mean....why? Why would they put themselves in that situation? I'm no foreign expert, but you would have to pay me a bunch of money to even go near that country. While I hope they get out with no injuries and alive, it's not like they were kidnapped over here and taken hostage....they went there on their own accord, just like the 2 chics.

But, if it will make you feel better...here's to Bill!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    So the girls deserved it, is that what your sayin?
    Kinda like those "hikers" strolling along the Iraq-Iran border? Yeah. They put themselves in that situation.

Not saying that they deserved the punishment, e.g., 14 years was a bit harsh.... but that was all just so the NK could get our attention. Surely you understand that, Lester.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9.    #9  
    What I understand is that giving north korea our attention, got those girls out of hard labor camp. And I am grateful for that.

And hey, any of you kids out there thinking about hiking around Iran or North Korea borders, me and Clem and Michael have a message for you:

just say no.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaklee3 View Post
    There were already negotiations going on for months prior for their release. Clinton went over then to "pick them up" essentially, but he did not get them out.
    You mean Clinton didn't smack Kim Jong around till he yelled uncle?

Well anyway, I wish he did, because Kim deserves it.

Kim is just like any other coward who hides behind a gun, but in his case its a nuclear one.
    I'd be interested to know what we really gave up in this exchange. Guess we will find out in 50 years. lol

NK has a fairly large conventional army/arms... nukes are the least worries of an invading country.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  12.    #12  
    Nukes the least worries for who? People of Seoul? You tryin to say nukes are least of worries for them? How about folks in Hiroshima? Should nukes have been the lleast of their worries too? Before they were vaporized? And what about N Korea exporting their weapons like we know they do? Exported nukes to whoever they want is the least thing to worry about too? I agree there's been a lot of folks whooping up a lot of uneccesary fear around here last few years but n Korea having nukes is not a small concern for anyone. Nukes going off might have ended WWII but if they are used again they won't end anything but instead could start something that would makes WWII seem like a walk in the park. But even though I disagree with you about the nukes, I agree the large n Korea army is also a huge threat to s Korea.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    North Korea doesn't need nukes to destroy Seoul. Seoul is close enough to the border that conventional arms could do that just fine. I would be a nervous wreck if I was a South Korean; more power to them. Could you imagine living next door to a psychopath?

The nukes are more likely the worry of Japan, pacific islands, and Alaska. Granted NK hasn't been able to test a missile to reach Hawaii or Alaska yet, they do have the ability to strike Japan. Not to mention if God forbid nukes are smuggled out of NK. Then who knows what would happen, or where...

Oh, and on the original topic; I'm glad those ladies are safe, but it goes to show, you play with a snake long enough, you're going to get bit, maybe even on the first try. And someone is going to have to suck the poison out, or you're going to die. Those ladies should be awful grateful to President Clinton, the State Department, and everyone else who risked themselves to help them...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  14.    #14  
    Yeah maybe I just shoot my mouth off too much. What you guys say makes sense and either way you slice it those folks in s Korea are in a tough situation. And having a madman with nukes is not good for anyone either.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Probably wont be a popular opinion but I think this whole thing was a lesson in irresponsibility. From the irresponsibility of the journalists straight down to the irresponsibility of a former President. The world is a dangerous place. If you want to do dangerous things you should be prepared for the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Probably wont be a popular opinion but I think this whole thing was a lesson in irresponsibility. From the irresponsibility of the journalists straight down to the irresponsibility of a former President. The world is a dangerous place. If you want to do dangerous things you should be prepared for the consequences.
    No, I think we are in agreement on this as we discussed this above. Glad their safe but they put themselves (just like the 3 hikers recently who crossed into Iran) in a bad situation and everyone seemed shock that a sane man like Kim Jong would do something crazy....go figure.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    No, I think we are in agreement on this as we discussed this above. Glad their safe but they put themselves (just like the 3 hikers recently who crossed into Iran) in a bad situation and everyone seemed shock that a sane man like Kim Jong would do something crazy....go figure.
    Yep, and unfortunately for those hikers being detained in Iran, they don't appear to be working for Al Gore or have a semi-celebrity sibling. So I'm guessing we won't be seeing Bill flying to Tehran.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I'm still not convinced those "hikers" were just "hiking".
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I'm still not convinced those "hikers" were just "hiking".
    I have no reason to doubt that either...but...I do question their common sense, or lack there of. Sometimes you just got to question whether what you're doing is very smart. I respect people who want to do "dare devil" things and pushing the "envelope"....but...gotta be prepared for the consequences....and those might not always be very nice or comfortable.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So why the past president and not the current doing this??

Chris
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast