Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68
  1. #21  
    Yikes....having seen the video yesterday of Hillary reacting to a question that she thought was about Bill, not sure she will be congratulating him either. Anyone see that reaction? If that doesn't prove their marriage is a sham, not sure what would.....she does not like Bill. Have they even been spotted together recently?
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by NACH:
    So why the past president and not the current doing this??
    You're kidding right? No one would allow their current leader to go into such a dangerous situation. NK was already flexing muscles by taking American journalist.

    There is no way the US would be stupid enough to give them a sitting President. NK wanted a high profile person to p/u the girls or they wouldn't release them. As it is, Bill wasn't 100% safe. You can never be sure or predict what NK would do when they have such a prize in their grasp.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You're kidding right? No one would allow their current leader to go into such a dangerous situation. NK was already flexing muscles by taking American journalist.

    There is no way the US would be stupid enough to give them a sitting President. NK wanted a high profile person to p/u the girls or they wouldn't release them. As it is, Bill wasn't 100% safe. You can never be sure or predict what NK would do when they have such a prize in their grasp.
    You're kidding, right? Bill went because he was going to have these 2 women with him on a long plane trip.
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yikes....having seen the video yesterday of Hillary reacting to a question that she thought was about Bill, not sure she will be congratulating him either. Anyone see that reaction? If that doesn't prove their marriage is a sham, not sure what would.....she does not like Bill. Have they even been spotted together recently?


    I think it was part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. Obviously, Fox News has operatives in the Congo who deliberately put the student up to asking that question.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post


    I think it was part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. Obviously, Fox News has operatives in the Congo who deliberately put the student up to asking that question.
    Dang....is there no where that these right wing folks won't go!!!!! By the way, turns out there was an error by the interpretor and it was supposed to be about Obama and not Bill....oops.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You're kidding right? No one would allow their current leader to go into such a dangerous situation. NK was already flexing muscles by taking American journalist.

    There is no way the US would be stupid enough to give them a sitting President. NK wanted a high profile person to p/u the girls or they wouldn't release them. As it is, Bill wasn't 100% safe. You can never be sure or predict what NK would do when they have such a prize in their grasp.
    I don't think even Kim is crazy enough to provoke the US by trying to hold a sitting president hostage. But sending Obabma would have given Kim far more prestige than he deserves, and more than any western nation is going to give. Sending envoys is pretty common. Jimmie Carter's been sent by later presidents to handle situations that require a certain stature, but the weight of the president.

    Might even see Bush in that role in the future. Well, maybe not....
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post


    I think it was part of the vast right-wing conspiracy. Obviously, Fox News has operatives in the Congo who deliberately put the student up to asking that question.
    Actually, the student asked the question correctly. It was the Fox News operative that was working as interpreter that she heard.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Dang....is there no where that these right wing folks won't go!!!!! By the way, turns out there was an error by the interpretor and it was supposed to be about Obama and not Bill....oops.
    dang it, Clem. you're always 2 breaths ahead of me!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't think even Kim is crazy enough to provoke the US by trying to hold a sitting president hostage. But sending Obabma would have given Kim far more prestige than he deserves, and more than any western nation is going to give. Sending envoys is pretty common. Jimmie Carter's been sent by later presidents to handle situations that require a certain stature, but the weight of the president.

    Might even see Bush in that role in the future. Well, maybe not....
    As low as Willy went as president, he still has too much stature for Kim. And the reason past presidents have sent Carter in the past was in hopes he'd get lost along the way.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by meyerweb:
    . . . I don't think even Kim is crazy enough to provoke the US by trying to hold a sitting president hostage. But sending Obabma would have given Kim far more prestige than he deserves, and more than any western nation is going to give. Sending envoys is pretty common. . .
    I agree that I don't think Kim is crazy enough to take a sitting or past president, but it's always better to not put yourself in a situation where your only answer is, "no one thought he'd be that crazy."

    Bottom line you can't predict what Kim or someone wanting to impress Kim might do. In the past Royalty would simply say, "is there no-one who will take this nuisance from my sight," and people would end up dead.

    Regardless of the rationale or reason, most of us agree that it would be ludicrous for a sitting President to have gone. I personally don't think the President's security detail or others would allow him to go even if he were stupid enough to think that he should.

    I also don't think Obama is stupid or arrogant enough to go on the basis that another leader wouldn't dare tangle with the US in such a manner. History has proven that people will dare much. Until 9-11 we didn't think we'd be attached on our own soil w/o long range missiles or nucs. We know differently now.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post

    Might even see Bush in that role in the future. Well, maybe not....
    Please, the last thing we need is Dumbya doing anything that involves representing the US. Hell, he might go over there, say the wrong thing and pop-pop-pop, 'hostage falls into ditch'. Or worse, trip over something and hit the nuke button himself.


    Anyway I'm happy they're back although I have to echo the sentiment that they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
  12. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Please, the last thing we need is Dumbya doing anything that involves representing the US. Hell, he might go over there, say the wrong thing and pop-pop-pop, 'hostage falls into ditch'. Or worse, trip over something and hit the nuke button himself.

    Anyway I'm happy they're back although I have to echo the sentiment that they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    Like he was really that bad.... man you people never let up. He's gone already. Give the guy some slack. If he was bad as you say we'd all be dead.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Like he was really that bad.... man you people never let up. He's gone already. Give the guy some slack. If he was bad as you say we'd all be dead.
    Yeah he is gone but his trail of stink isn't... that's the problem.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Yeah he is gone but his trail of stink isn't... that's the problem.
    Well....I'll give Obama this much.....he's keeping that stink trail hanging around. We now see why it isn't smart to vote in a man who never ran anything in his life. I just hope the folks who crossed over to vote for a community organizer will vote the bum out in 1,182 days.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Well....I'll give Obama this much.....he's keeping that stink trail hanging around. We now see why it isn't smart to vote in a man who never ran anything in his life. I just hope the folks who crossed over to vote for a community organizer will vote the bum out in 1,182 days.
    Only a fool rushes to judgement. We had 8 years to see Dumbya ruin this country. It will take a lot longer than 8 months to fix it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Only a fool rushes to judgement. We had 8 years to see Dumbya ruin this country. It will take a lot longer than 8 months to fix it.
    LOL.....what a great quote...."only a fool rushes".....but I guess it isn't foolish to rush programs through before citizens read things, huh? I will try not to rush to judgement if Obama and the democrats will not rush to get programs through before they are debated and read by the folks that are being affected. Congress and Obama don't care about the fine details because they won't be subject to it! Do you folks not understand this? They are protected....just like they aren't under Social Security or Medicare.....they have their very own plans!!!! And this is both democrats and Republicans. Why can't I have their retirement plan? Good golly miss molly.....you folks are like little children.....just being led around.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #37  
    Ever ask yourself why he's so hellbent on rushing it through Congress? It's not like they couldn't pass it whenever they wanted.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #38  
    Goodness - to think you are blaming Bush for this. You are more than aware that many within the Democrat party were and still are exceedingly dirty with the mortgage and financial scandals going at that time. Look at those who later came to work within Barry's inner circle. Bush wasn't the greatest, but Barry has really hit the accelerator. It will take YEARS to correct what Barry is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Only a fool rushes to judgement. We had 8 years to see Dumbya ruin this country. It will take a lot longer than 8 months to fix it.
  19. #39  
    Of course they can pass it whenever they want; however, it comes down to being able to spread the blame when blaming time comes. And it will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ever ask yourself why he's so hellbent on rushing it through Congress? It's not like they couldn't pass it whenever they wanted.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    LOL.....what a great quote...."only a fool rushes".....but I guess it isn't foolish to rush programs through before citizens read things, huh? I will try not to rush to judgement if Obama and the democrats will not rush to get programs through before they are debated and read by the folks that are being affected. Congress and Obama don't care about the fine details because they won't be subject to it! Do you folks not understand this? They are protected....just like they aren't under Social Security or Medicare.....they have their very own plans!!!! And this is both democrats and Republicans. Why can't I have their retirement plan? Good golly miss molly.....you folks are like little children.....just being led around.


    House Health Care Bill - H.R.3200: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

    ^^^There it is, read it. As for rushing things, well that's funny. Since Clinton was in office, the Party of NO Clue has been playing the obstructionist game through fear mongering and the spreading of fud when he tried to pass some kind of reform. And yes the spineless Democrats back then allowed themselves to be trampled over as they are doing yet again. Only difference is, now there are lot more dems in control so hopefully something will go forward.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions