Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    No ****, there I was...

Patrolling the neighborhoods of a certain Louisiana city as a police officer. I see a guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...). I initiate an investigatory stop to learn more about the individual's identity and his actions. As soon as I stop the patrol car, he breaks into a full sprint in the opposite direction. The chase is on. I hop out of my patrol car and begin a foot chase. Just when I close the distance with a few feet, he cuts into someone's yard and then hurdles their 6 feet tall wobbly wooden fence. In my attempt to go after him, I scale the fence also. But in doing so, my Pre, which sits in my shirt pocket, gets sandwiched between my body and the face. After I catch the guy and book him into the city jail, I go to make a phone call only to realize that my beloved Pre has a severely cracked screen and all touch capabilities had been lost. Damn. Glad I got the insurance.

Moment of silence....
    that sux man but thanks for keeping the streets safe Go Pre!! one for the team
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    lol
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Isn't endangering an innocent underage Pre a misdemeanor in most cities?
    Make that bunghole pay for the insurance!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Thanks for your service to your community.

A moment of silence was observed for your pre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    In Louisiana, the offense is titled: Pre-slaughter. Carries a penalty of 2-5 years at hard labor.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Are the cracks so bad it will be a "closed" box exchange?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I don't know what a closed box exchange is. But yeah the cracks are pretty severe. My pre has stretch marks. Furthermore, my touchscreen is completely unresponsive.
    I think he was making a reference to open/closed casket service.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    LOL!!! Like in "Closed" casket. That is funny!!
    It's good to know that having no shirt, wearing saggy pants and perspiring turn you into a suspected criminal. Can I see your papers please?
    Ha. Funniest thread in a long time. Sorry to hear about your Pre.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    It's good to know that having no shirt, wearing saggy pants and perspiring turn you into a suspected criminal. Can I see your papers please?
    As an experienced cop, you learn your normal area of patrol (beat). You know the people who live in the area. Who know who's normally not in the area. You gain a sixth sense on who's up to no good. When a guy is seen looking nervous, sweating profusely when its cool outside, looking shocked upon stumbling upon a cop, he's normally up to something. And before all the "racial profiling" ish gets started, let me make it known that I'm a black cop, patrolling a 98 percent black neighborhood. The same neighborhood in which I was born and raised. I know nearly everyone. So, I know who's who in my beat.

To speak upon that which you do not understand is to expose yourself as an *****.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your PRE. They aren't a standard issue there are they? Will the City/Agency reimburse you for the pre "killed in the line of duty"?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    they won't reimburse, but they did lower the flag to half-staff and are preparing a proper burial. I don't know if I'll be able to take it. Such a sad time.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    As an experienced cop, you learn your normal area of patrol (beat). You know the people who live in the area. Who know who's normally not in the area. You gain a sixth sense on who's up to no good. When a guy is seen looking nervous, sweating profusely when its cool outside, looking shocked upon stumbling upon a cop, he's normally up to something. And before all the "racial profiling" ish gets started, let me make it known that I'm a black cop, patrolling a 98 percent black neighborhood. The same neighborhood in which I was born and raised. I know nearly everyone. So, I know who's who in my beat.

To speak upon that which you do not understand is to expose yourself as an *****.
    I think the other thing that comes into play is that if I were walking around my neighborhood (with or without a shirt, pants however I choose to wear them, and sweating or dry), I should not have too much trouble having a police officer stop and say, "Hey! What's your name and what are you doing?"

I assume in this scenario that I have a purpose to be in the area I am in and I am free of warrants.

There may have been more than meets the eye to this story. But not from any information we were given.

Too bad about the phone.

Dave
    Thank you very much for your service.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Are you going to use any bereavement time?

I know all the jokes are fun and all, but thanks for your service. Also thanks for the heads up about wearing a shirt, who knew!?
    I would pass on the 21 gun salute as well.

Thanks for your service and the dispel of all COPs Profile . Well yes you Profile that's your job , if it looks like a criminal it's your job to see if it is a criminal. If not then you have met another wonderful person of the community and you both go on your marry way.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast