Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    for all the curious,

the guy, when caught, was found to have crack cocaine stashed in his **** crack. Thanks to all the peeps who appreciate a cop who actually does his/her job. Its funny how lots of people pretend to hate cops until the moment some thug puts a gun to their heads and places their life and the lives of their precious loved ones in danger. Then, the question becomes, where was a cop? Why didn't they notice this strange character? Funny.

No matter what, me and my fellow guys in blue will be there to save your butts even though you spit in our faces. Cause thats just what we do. someone has to do it. I did 6 years in the Army which included 16 months in Iraq and I decided that instead of fighting for the freedom of Iraqis, I would much rather fight for the freedom and safety of the everyday American. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the Iraqis are generally more appreciative as a whole of what we did than Americans are for their local cops. Yeah, there are bad apples on the police force, but tell me one profession that doesn't have its bad apples? Don't let the dumb acts of others affect your opinion of all officers.

Just about every city has a program where regular civilians can request a ride-along with a police officer during a regular work shift. I highly suggest that some of you guys take that ride. That way, when you bash us, atleast then you will have a good reason to do so. Maybe.

Now, let me step down from my soapbox. Code 8.
    wow he had some crack what a criminal. how is arresting him for that protecting freedom??
    why not join leap and actually support freedom
    LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - Cops Say Legalize Drugs

and about a thug putting a gun to someones head... what are the police going to do? show up 10 minutes later and file a report?
    the only way to stop crime like that is have armed and trained citizens so they can take care of themselves.
    wow he had some WEAPONS GRADE PLUTONIUM what a criminal...

Does that make sense? It's a CRIME, so YES, that makes him a CRIMINAL. Until new laws are passed, the law is still the same.

But maybe you have a point - I mean, who's ever heard of someone on crack (or selling crack) EVER holding a gun to someone's head?

(By the way, I apologize to all those out there who are sarcasm-challenged.)
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Well, at least your Pre didn't need to Pre-vent a bullet hitting you.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Your Pre has died an honorable death. If only the other fallen Pre's had such a death.
    Agreed!!
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    wow he had some WEAPONS GRADE PLUTONIUM what a criminal...

Does that make sense? It's a CRIME, so YES, that makes him a CRIMINAL. Until new laws are passed, the law is still the same.

But maybe you have a point - I mean, who's ever heard of someone on crack (or selling crack) EVER holding a gun to someone's head?

(By the way, I apologize to all those out there who are sarcasm-challenged.)

i didn't say it wasn't a crime, i said he is doing the opposite of protecting peoples freedom.

you can get arrested for protesting in certain places even though the 1st amendment says we have the right to peacefully assemble. is arresting protesters for not having a permit protecting their freedom?

my main problem is the harassment. just because a cop "has a feeling" shouldn't give them the right to stop and question people. there is no law against having baggy pants and sweating. maybe he was out for a jog.

maybe if you were constantly harassed by police for doing nothing but walking down the street when you were growing up you'd have a different view.

another thing: was this guy holding a gun to somebody's head? did he even have a gun?

hey who has ever heard of somebody driving drunk and killing somebody? i guess that mean every person out driving around is drunk and about to do the same...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    i didn't say it wasn't a crime, i said he is doing the opposite of protecting peoples freedom.

you can get arrested for protesting in certain places even though the 1st amendment says we have the right to peacefully assemble. is arresting protesters for not having a permit protecting their freedom?

my main problem is the harassment. just because a cop "has a feeling" shouldn't give them the right to stop and question people. there is no law against having baggy pants and sweating. maybe he was out for a jog.

maybe if you were constantly harassed by police for doing nothing but walking down the street when you were growing up you'd have a different view.

another thing: was this guy holding a gun to somebody's head? did he even have a gun?

hey who has ever heard of somebody driving drunk and killing somebody? i guess that mean every person out driving around is drunk and about to do the same...
    Well, next time a cop has a feeling that they suspicious looking guy standing outside your house is up to something, he should just ignore him and wait until you call the police station to report that someone broke into your house and raped your girlfriend. Maybe.

To the normal, office guy, yeah a guy sweating and looking suspicious is nothing, but to an experienced cop, its everything.

Please don't ever call the cops. Ever. Save yourself. In the land of wolves and sheep, you my friend are the sheep. Baaaaa. Now go back to your little office cubicle and finish the next stage of your Dungeons and Dragons game.

Don't ever speak on the defense of freedom if you never had the balls to actually defend it. I carry a piece of shrapnel in my side for the rest of my life as proof of what I have endured for the sake of America's freedom. What have you done?
    For he will always be remembered:

5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God

See attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    Well, next time a cop has a feeling that they suspicious looking guy standing outside your house is up to something, he should just ignore him and wait until you call the police station to report that someone broke into your house and raped your girlfriend. Maybe.

To the normal, office guy, yeah a guy sweating and looking suspicious is nothing, but to an experienced cop, its everything.

Please don't ever call the cops. Ever. Save yourself. In the land of wolves and sheep, you my friend are the sheep. Baaaaa. Now go back to your little office cubicle and finish the next stage of your Dungeons and Dragons game.

Don't ever speak on the defense of freedom if you never had the balls to actually defend it. I carry a piece of shrapnel in my side for the rest of my life as proof of what I have endured for the sake of America's freedom. What have you done?
    you sound ridiculous. Truly ridiculous. As stated above, there is no crime in having sagging pants and sweating, and the fact that you COPS like harassing people just because they LOOK a certain way makes me HATE you guys.
    anyone trying to break in picked the wrong place, we've got guns.

i don't work in an office and i've been in the army and done 15 months in iraq thank you.

i know when people look suspicious and are probably up to no good, that doesn't give anyone the RIGHT to go harass them unless you have probable cause.
    this isn't 1984 or the minority report, it's america where people have rights that YOU are suppose to respect. you don't respect peoples rights then i don't respect you.
    Last edited by LurkMoar; 08/07/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    anyone tries to break in picked the wrong place we've got guns.

i don't work in an office and i've been in the army and done 15 months in iraq thank you.

i know when people look suspicious and are probably up to no good, that doesn't give anyone the RIGHT to go harass them unless you have probable cause.
    this isn't 1984 or the minority report, it's america where people have rights that YOU are suppose to respect. you don't respect peoples rights then i don't respect you.

well put
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Let me get this right...

so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???

Why is this important enough to make a thread??

Thats like me posting a thread saying "I was at work today and I dropped my pre from a 20 foot ladder and it broke in half".

Its your fault your pre broke... I would understand if your screen just cracked out of no where then that would be something that other pre owners would need to be made aware of, but come on dude, you smashed it, what did you expect???

You have insurance as you stated so everything will be fine...
    Apart from my personal bias of having a police officer in my immediate family, I think this thread has been immensely enjoyable and informative. It also reminds we readers that cops are normal people doing a challenging job that his its interesting moments.

Frankly, I think I'd be very happy knowing that this vigilant officer was "profiling" in my neighborhood.

Joe Parsons
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Taking one for the team is tough... Thanks for keeping ppl honest
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmparsons View Post
    Apart from my personal bias of having a police officer in my immediate family, I think this thread has been immensely enjoyable and informative. It also reminds we readers that cops are normal people doing a challenging job that his its interesting moments.

Frankly, I think I'd be very happy knowing that this vigilant officer was "profiling" in my neighborhood.

Joe Parsons
    I don't have a problem with him doing his job and checking that "suspicious" guy out!!

I just think that it wasn't necessary to tell people about his pre being broken at work!! What makes his situation any different?? Is it because he is a cop?? As you said cops are normal people like us so why would it be necessary to post a thread about breaking your pre at work/doing your job....

Just my opinion.

If you guys like hearing little anecdotes about people breaking their pre then thats great! I my self come here to gain/spread useful info about my device..
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I think it's very bizarre how many ridiculously trollish comments have been made. The guy is a cop, regardless of how you feel about this particular scenario, he was still doing his job and damaged his phone in the process. At least he wasn't on here trying to figure out how to commit fraud against Sprint for a new phone and took responsibility for it.

And regardless of the outcome of the situation he was involved in with this particular suspect, and how you feel about it, there is no logical reason to get into a pissing match over who is a better American and a better person. Get over it, save your politics for another subforum.
    I know it's been said, but you're going to get one from me too. Thanks for your service to the community; as a pot smoker and general deviant, you're probably my natural enemy. I also realize that someone has to keep the real criminals, the real danger to society, under wraps and that you put your life on the line to do it. I respect that, and for it I respect you.

Thank you.

Can't say I'm sorry about the Pre; it always makes me shine when corporate America (ok, so Palm is already hurting, I guess I'm just a bad guy) and it's insurances have to pay up. I am sorry about the co-pay though; something should be done about that.

/edited three four times/
    Last edited by jcettison; 08/07/2009 at 11:47 PM.
  16. enjoyingsilence
    First of all, to lyncha, congrats on being a LEO. My father has been in Law Enforcement for near 30 years. And I'm glad you weren't physically injured in the line of duty. I am sorry your Palm Pre broke, however, the person you apprehended was worth more (ethically, financially, and morally) than your darn phone.

Second: this forum needs moderators, or at least more of them. Unfortunately for the original poster, this type of post shouldn't belong in the main Pre Forum. It belongs in what's referred to as a lounge. The PreCentral.net community has grown large enough now, and unfortunately what we're seeing, new and seasoned members alike, is a weird mix of threads in strange places. This place is like HowardForums 5-6 years ago. Hell, HoFo has got so large, even the sprint.howardforums.com has it's own Forum Lounge for things LIKE THIS THREAD.

IF someone places a thread in the main sprint forum (or in this instance the Palm Pre forum) that shouldn't be there, it's not locked, it's moved. Simple. It's not hard. TreoCentral, PreCentral.net's parent site, has a ton of moderators. Perhaps our overlords should seek out their assistance?

Unfortunately, it's posts like this one (you're viewing)

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ife-death.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-today.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gh-scores.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1x-icons.html

and I'm sure, if I REALLY went thru the pages on JUST the main Palm Pre forum, I'd find numerous more, that need to be sorted out elsewhere.

For instance, this thread : http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1x-icons.html

should be in this forum: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-resources/

The others, well, you get the idea. Most of them only relate to the Pre in either a post mortem way, a "omg zomg something happened, guess what? I scratched the bloody thing!!!!", or a "general whine".

So, once again, to lyncha, I'm happy you were not injured in the line of duty, during my youth, I worried about my fathers daily activities as he roamed the streets of our County, hoping I wouldn't hear about him on the news that night; and I'm sorry your Pre was injured in the line of duty. On the flip side, as I said, the new inmate at your local correctional facility is worth more than the Pre was. And I'm sure your family, would agree

For the moderators, please, take heed.

My best.
    mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The whole thread is off topic starting with the first post. Just because he managed to mention a pre in his story doesn' make it ok.

This is a public forum, if people want to post what some perceive as BS then they should expect to be called on it.

It would be on topic if this was an LEO forum but it's not. Maybe we should petition the mods to create a LEO forum?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, he broke his pre (if he even had one) just so he could come and post about being a super-hero. His whole story sounds made up. I'm surprised he didn't mention the cape he wears.

It's funny how people are. Some people come here and talk about how their pre is giving them problems, and since they only have a few posts, are immediately attacked as a troll with an agenda.

Then you have someone that comes here with a few posts, mentions damaging their pre during their super-hero crime fighting and people bow down to them. The pre is soon forgotten and the super-hero stories keep getting better and better.

At least I got to start my morning with a good laugh!
    Well said! I couldn't agree more with you

You just gave me a good laugh reading your post!! lmao "troll with an agenda" thats hilarious!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    First of all, to lyncha, congrats on being a LEO. My father has been in Law Enforcement for near 30 years. And I'm glad you weren't physically injured in the line of duty. I am sorry your Palm Pre broke, however, the person you apprehended was worth more (ethically, financially, and morally) than your darn phone.

Second: this forum needs moderators, or at least more of them. Unfortunately for the original poster, this type of post shouldn't belong in the main Pre Forum. It belongs in what's referred to as a lounge. The PreCentral.net community has grown large enough now, and unfortunately what we're seeing, new and seasoned members alike, is a weird mix of threads in strange places. This place is like HowardForums 5-6 years ago. Hell, HoFo has got so large, even the sprint.howardforums.com has it's own Forum Lounge for things LIKE THIS THREAD.

IF someone places a thread in the main sprint forum (or in this instance the Palm Pre forum) that shouldn't be there, it's not locked, it's moved. Simple. It's not hard. TreoCentral, PreCentral.net's parent site, has a ton of moderators. Perhaps our overlords should seek out their assistance?

Unfortunately, it's posts like this one (you're viewing)

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ife-death.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-today.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gh-scores.html

and this one: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1x-icons.html

and I'm sure, if I REALLY went thru the pages on JUST the main Palm Pre forum, I'd find numerous more, that need to be sorted out elsewhere.

For instance, this thread : http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-1x-icons.html

should be in this forum: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-resources/

The others, well, you get the idea. Most of them only relate to the Pre in either a post mortem way, a "omg zomg something happened, guess what? I scratched the bloody thing!!!!", or a "general whine".

So, once again, to lyncha, I'm happy you were not injured in the line of duty, during my youth, I worried about my fathers daily activities as he roamed the streets of our County, hoping I wouldn't hear about him on the news that night; and I'm sorry your Pre was injured in the line of duty. On the flip side, as I said, the new inmate at your local correctional facility is worth more than the Pre was. And I'm sure your family, would agree

For the moderators, please, take heed.

My best.
    mike.
    Not that I don't appreciate a good forum Nazi and his SS raising the metaphorical holocaust on the short attention spans of our peers -I most certainly do. I'm just not sure I want it to be you. You're so wordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Well said! I couldn't agree more with you

You just gave me a good laugh reading your post!! lmao "troll with an agenda" thats hilarious!!
    It seems those of little worldly experience tend to be filled with doubt and disbelief. Some of us, a delicious few, actually do things. Beyond the great and powerful interadioteleomobilenet.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks lyncha! Us Law abiding, gun carrying hard working americans like the police and support ya!

What's the saying if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck its probably a duck!
  20. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Not that I don't appreciate a good forum Nazi and his SS raising the metaphorical holocaust on the short attention spans of our peers -I most certainly do. I'm just not sure I want it to be you.
    Believe me, I don't have the time to be a moderator I used the 4 existing threads as (in my opinion) proof of my point, and the concept thereof. It's more or less a post that will garner attention, positive, or negative, and eventually catch the eye of a moderator.

I'm not going to write that someone CAN"T post what they want here, that's not "my job". And as others have said, in this thread even, it's a public forum. I'm just saying, there are a LOT of things that are mis categorized.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast