Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Your Pre has died an honorable death. If only the other fallen Pre's had such a death.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    and always, there is usstandardissue.com
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Let me get this right...

so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???

Why is this important enough to make a thread??

Thats like me posting a thread saying "I was at work today and I dropped my pre from a 20 foot ladder and it broke in half".

Its your fault your pre broke... I would understand if your screen just cracked out of no where then that would be something that other pre owners would need to be made aware of, but come on dude, you smashed it, what did you expect???

You have insurance as you stated so everything will be fine...
    Let me get this right...

You saw this thread, read this thread, decided that this thread was a complete waste of time, AND THEN you decided to waste even more of your precious time commenting on the thread... WOW!

Its like listening to the radio. If you don't like the song they're playing, change the station. Don't waste your time calling in to the radio just to tell them you hate that particular song. Again, WOW! People are weird.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, he broke his pre (if he even had one) just so he could come and post about being a super-hero. His whole story sounds made up. I'm surprised he didn't mention the cape he wears.

It's funny how people are. Some people come here and talk about how their pre is giving them problems, and since they only have a few posts, are immediately attacked as a troll with an agenda.

Then you have someone that comes here with a few posts, mentions damaging their pre during their super-hero crime fighting and people bow down to them. The pre is soon forgotten and the super-hero stories keep getting better and better.

At least I got to start my morning with a good laugh!
    WOW! You have posted at least twice in this thread that you think is worthless. Why? Why not just go about your life and read some thread that you deem worthy enough for you presence.

And since when did jumping a fence and chasing a crackhead become worthy of a "Super Hero" title. Whh...What?! Again, WOW!
    I suspect the way the suspect was dressed caught lyncha's attention but it was his demeanor that caused lyncha to decide to stop him. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, lyncha). In other words sure you're going to notice when you see a shirtless sweaty guy who doesn't live in the neighborhood. I'd notice it too and maybe look a little closer if I saw someone dressed like that in my neighborhood and I'm not a cop. But I'm sure it was the gentleman's demeanor after that closer look that caused lyncha to initiate a stop. If he had looked like he was just out for his morning jog and that's why he was shirtless and sweaty I'd guess lyncha wouldn't have stopped him.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 08/06/2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I suspect the way the suspect was dressed caught lyncha's attention but it was his demeanor that caused lyncha to decide to stop him. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, lyncha). In other words sure your going to notice when you see a shirtless sweaty guy who doesn't live in the neighborhood. I'd notice it too and maybe look a little closer if I saw someone dressed like that in my neighborhood and I'm not a cop. But I'm sure it was the gentleman's demeanor after that closer look that caused lyncha to initiate a stop. If he had looked like he was just out for his morning jog and that's why he was shirtless and sweaty I'd guess lyncha wouldn't have stopped him.
    No correction needed, you are correct sir. Thanks for being a levelheaded individual with common sense, which I have found is quite uncommon.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I suspect the way the suspect was dressed caught lyncha's attention but it was his demeanor that caused lyncha to decide to stop him. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, lyncha). In other words sure you're going to notice when you see a shirtless sweaty guy who doesn't live in the neighborhood. I'd notice it too and maybe look a little closer if I saw someone dressed like that in my neighborhood and I'm not a cop. But I'm sure it was the gentleman's demeanor after that closer look that caused lyncha to initiate a stop. If he had looked like he was just out for his morning jog and that's why he was shirtless and sweaty I'd guess lyncha wouldn't have stopped him.
    Yeah, and let the suspicious-looking guy break into a few houses, stealing all of everybody's crap to support his habit, and then see how bent out of shape they all are over the "racial profiling". It's not like he just walked up to the guy and started beating him over the head because he looked suspicious.

I live on a cul-de-sac and last year came home to find a strange vehicle parked across the street from my neighbor's house (who was out of town), with a young guy sitting in the front seat with the back laid all the way back so you could barely see him. I stopped and eyeballed him on the way into my house, and then again when I came back outside to leave a few minutes later.

He noticed me watching him and took off, with me following behind him (I just happened to be going the same direction). I wasn't speeding, but he kept getting stopped by red lights and I would intentionally pull into the lane behind him. He was speeding and swerving through traffic like a crazy man and then finally made a sharp right turn, tires screeching, from two lanes over and sped away on a side street.

Oh, and there are plenty of stories on this site about people damaging their phones and how they did it, I don't see how this one is any less relevant.
    HEY! i sag my pants/shorts and dont wear shirts outside, i also sweat some because its hot out!

Im just screwin with ya, but i really do dress like that (except not gangsta).
    Sorry about your pre! good think you got the insurance.
    Hey Lyncha, you sound like a good guy and a good cop. Don't let the mofos and tin hats get you down. As a cop I'm sure you hear crap all the time. I enjoyed your story and appreciate your good work, as no doubt the folks who live in your patrol beat do for keeping them safe.
    "when people dieing you _____'s come late, to catch us selling dope you ____'s jump gates."

hahaha jk

Sucks about your pre man. good thing you have insurance.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Hey Lyncha,

I feel for you...I'm on the job in Massachusetts and mine almost bit the dust the other night. Thank god for my Seidio clip case which I think saved it as it as I watched it skidding accross the street.

Stay safe and good luck with your next pre Brother.

Scott
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    Hey Lyncha,

I feel for you...I'm on the job in Massachusetts and mine almost bit the dust the other night. Thank god for my Seidio clip case which I think saved it as it as I watched it skidding accross the street.

Stay safe and good luck with your next pre Brother.

Scott
    Yeah I would look for some type of Hard Case that covered the entire phone making you take the phone out to use it. Horrible for normal use, but perfect for jobs where it could get broken.

Im not sure if thats how the Seidio clip case is or not.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Assurion (sprint's insurance provider) who informed me that my new pre will be born in 3-5 business days. Great. This post..err..pre-partem depression is killing me.

And yes, I will definitely make sure to purchase a hard case for work purposes. Thanx for the emotional support everyone. lol
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    LOOKS are all they have to go off of most of the time. Think of it this way, its like you keep walking into gas stations with a ski mask and then when they call the cops on you then you throw a hissy fit.

It is just that 95% of the time if someone walks in a store with a ski mask over his face he is up to no good. If you choose to dress that way then be prepared to be treated that way.

Or if I went into a business interview in sweats and a shirt with a stain. It GIVES a certain impression. If you keep dressing that way then be prepared to be looked down upon during an interview.

Or if you dress that way be prepared to be hassled by the cops because they are doing their part to keep us safe.

It is the reason why armies are uniformed. The way you DRESS AFFECTS how you act, MOST of the time.

If I am wearing sweats Ill act more lazy, if I am wearing a suit I will be more outgoing. Just the way it is man

If you don't like it blame society not the cops
    Which is exactly why I always dress like a gentleman when I'm up to no good. Come on, be smart people!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    some people b!tch, gripe and complain just for the sake of b!tching, griping, and complaining.
    Some people post just for the sake of postin...oh, wait.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Good news. Asurion gave birth to my new pre today. Only 2 days after I submitted my claim. Good job Asurion. Furthermore, its a brand spanking new pre in the original boxing with all the accessories. So now I have two chargers and cables as well as two of those pouches (sleeping bags). Good deal.

If you're have problems with your pre and are considering filing a claim. Do so, now. While they're handing out brand new ones.
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    sweet! I like those pouches a lot.

Glad that your new baby was delivered by the stork today. I hope that being in labor for 2 days was worth it.
    Lyncha:

You wouldn't happen to be NOPD; huh? lol
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dior504 View Post
    Lyncha:

You wouldn't happen to be NOPD; huh? lol
    No, I'm from a city in the Northern part of the great state of Louisiana.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast