Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 115
  1. #41  
    he LOOKED suspicious because he had on sagging pants, no shirt, and sweating. Thats why i dislike cops now. Because of things like that.

    Anywhoo, in this case, im glad you got him off of the street, but im very sick of being profiled and stopped for nothing on a regular basis because of how I look, when I am a working class american just like the rest of us.

    The story about your pre sucks, oh well, our tax dollars will get you another one
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    he LOOKED suspicious because he had on sagging pants, no shirt, and sweating. Thats why i dislike cops now. Because of things like that.

    Anywhoo, in this case, im glad you got him off of the street, but im very sick of being profiled and stopped for nothing on a regular basis because of how I look, when I am a working class american just like the rest of us.

    The story about your pre sucks, oh well, our tax dollars will get you another one
    LOOKS are all they have to go off of most of the time. Think of it this way, its like you keep walking into gas stations with a ski mask and then when they call the cops on you then you throw a hissy fit.

    It is just that 95% of the time if someone walks in a store with a ski mask over his face he is up to no good. If you choose to dress that way then be prepared to be treated that way.

    Or if I went into a business interview in sweats and a shirt with a stain. It GIVES a certain impression. If you keep dressing that way then be prepared to be looked down upon during an interview.

    Or if you dress that way be prepared to be hassled by the cops because they are doing their part to keep us safe.

    It is the reason why armies are uniformed. The way you DRESS AFFECTS how you act, MOST of the time.

    If I am wearing sweats Ill act more lazy, if I am wearing a suit I will be more outgoing. Just the way it is man

    If you don't like it blame society not the cops
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
  3. #43  
    lyncha - they should have a custom belt for you guys that has a holster for the Pre next to your gun, club, spray, taser etc LOL seriously though. Thanks for the sacrifices you guys make on a daily basis. I admire your profession and work that you guys do. Stay safe out there and keep your new Pre in a more durable case next time
  4. #44  
    Sorry for your Pre. Not sorry for the bad guy. You should get some kind of break on the insurance premium. The Pre was killed in the line of duty!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. A person without anything to hide shouldn't have a problem identifying themselves to a law enforcement officer. And yes, there's more that that which meets the eye to this particular stop BUT the story was about my pre and not about some scumbag. I didn't want to take everyone through the ins/outs and do's/don'ts of a proper traffic stop. This isn't the place. That's CNN's website.

    Anyhoo, can't wait to have my new infant pre in my hands to hold, squeeze, and enjoy. I only hope it's personality is as vibrant as the pre i recently loss to the mean streets of LA.
    Just be careful how you hold, squeeze and enjoy your young Pre.. You may be commiting an offense, that you'd then have to arrest yourself for.

    Thanks for being an alert officer, and a good sense of humor (on the Pre).
  6. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    No ****, there I was...

    Patrolling the neighborhoods of a certain Louisiana city as a police officer. I see a guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...). I initiate an investigatory stop to learn more about the individual's identity and his actions. As soon as I stop the patrol car, he breaks into a full sprint in the opposite direction. The chase is on. I hop out of my patrol car and begin a foot chase. Just when I close the distance with a few feet, he cuts into someone's yard and then hurdles their 6 feet tall wobbly wooden fence. In my attempt to go after him, I scale the fence also. But in doing so, my Pre, which sits in my shirt pocket, gets sandwiched between my body and the face. After I catch the guy and book him into the city jail, I go to make a phone call only to realize that my beloved Pre has a severely cracked screen and all touch capabilities had been lost. Damn. Glad I got the insurance.

    Moment of silence....
    Let me get this right...

    so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???

    Why is this important enough to make a thread??

    Thats like me posting a thread saying "I was at work today and I dropped my pre from a 20 foot ladder and it broke in half".

    Its your fault your pre broke... I would understand if your screen just cracked out of no where then that would be something that other pre owners would need to be made aware of, but come on dude, you smashed it, what did you expect???

    You have insurance as you stated so everything will be fine...
    Last edited by Lito305; 08/06/2009 at 12:42 AM.
  7. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #47  
    I think at a certain point this forum becomes a community. Being that we all (most of us, there are also lurkers) jumped in at the beginning of owning a device that has great potential to be an important step in innovation, there is a sense of community shared. Seeing as how people have had the thought to add over 40 responses, it seems fit that it has a place here. Most posts do. The ones that don't, should meet a fitting fate: It should die as a single post that never gets a response.

    Years ago, I started my new job. A coworker knocked my recently bought phone out of my hand while getting on an elevator (on the 54 Floor; I work at the US Bank Tower in Downtown Los Angeles). This sounds more interesting if you don't know it is a private elevator bank that only goes from 54 down to 46. But the phone, once the building engineers found it for me, was completely shattered.

    At the time, I liked that phone and I paid full price for a replacement. But it is nothing compared to the absolute love most of us feel for our Pres. And I wasn't part of a community then where I found it worth sharing.

    Have fun, I look forward to reading your interesting posts as well.

    Dave
  8. #48  
    I'm laughing pretty hard at most of the people *****ing about lyncha stopping a guy for looking suspicious. He did the right thing as an officer, the guy that took off made the mistake. All you have to do at that point is identify yourself, no need to answer any questions of the officer besides that. He ****ed up by running because at that point he was breaking the law.

    Trust me I hate BAD cops as much as anyone, but lyncha wasn't the bad guy in this case. However, I do completely disagree with locking up people for drug offenses. Crack is a nasty addiction, this guy needs rehab, not jail time. Thats a whole other topic though.


    By the way lyncha, black officer on black suspect racism is just as prevalent if not more prevalent than white cop racism.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Let me get this right...

    so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???
    No, he broke his pre (if he even had one) just so he could come and post about being a super-hero. His whole story sounds made up. I'm surprised he didn't mention the cape he wears.

    It's funny how people are. Some people come here and talk about how their pre is giving them problems, and since they only have a few posts, are immediately attacked as a troll with an agenda.

    Then you have someone that comes here with a few posts, mentions damaging their pre during their super-hero crime fighting and people bow down to them. The pre is soon forgotten and the super-hero stories keep getting better and better.

    At least I got to start my morning with a good laugh!
  10. #50  
    The people that don't like his post don't have to read it. What you are doing is called thread ****ting. It's off topic.

    I got a chuckle out of the story and I'm glad he posted it. DKatman nailed it on the head with his post.
  11. #51  
    The whole thread is off topic starting with the first post. Just because he managed to mention a pre in his story doesn' make it ok.

    This is a public forum, if people want to post what some perceive as BS then they should expect to be called on it.

    It would be on topic if this was an LEO forum but it's not. Maybe we should petition the mods to create a LEO forum?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    As an experienced cop, you learn your normal area of patrol (beat). You know the people who live in the area. Who know who's normally not in the area. You gain a sixth sense on who's up to no good. When a guy is seen looking nervous, sweating profusely when its cool outside, looking shocked upon stumbling upon a cop, he's normally up to something. And before all the "racial profiling" ish gets started, let me make it known that I'm a black cop, patrolling a 98 percent black neighborhood. The same neighborhood in which I was born and raised. I know nearly everyone. So, I know who's who in my beat.

    To speak upon that which you do not understand is to expose yourself as an *****.
    This is ALL TRUE, but.......I live in Louisiana too, it's never cool here. It's 0752 and already feels like it's 82 degrees with 93% humidity! lol j/j

    No really though, thanks for doing a great job! So sorry to hear about your phone. I'm trying to think of maybe a better place for you to store it on your uniform.
  13. RonWood's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Let me get this right...

    so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???

    Why is this important enough to make a thread??

    Thats like me posting a thread saying "I was at work today and I dropped my pre from a 20 foot ladder and it broke in half".

    Its your fault your pre broke... I would understand if your screen just cracked out of no where then that would be something that other pre owners would need to be made aware of, but come on dude, you smashed it, what did you expect???

    You have insurance as you stated so everything will be fine...
    Let me get this right, you are a giant tool and want to post so everyone knows it? Thanks for sharing. Tard.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    Let me get this right...

    so you broke your pre at work and decide to make a thread about it to let everyone know???

    Why is this important enough to make a thread??

    Thats like me posting a thread saying "I was at work today and I dropped my pre from a 20 foot ladder and it broke in half".

    Its your fault your pre broke... I would understand if your screen just cracked out of no where then that would be something that other pre owners would need to be made aware of, but come on dude, you smashed it, what did you expect???

    You have insurance as you stated so everything will be fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, he broke his pre (if he even had one) just so he could come and post about being a super-hero. His whole story sounds made up. I'm surprised he didn't mention the cape he wears.

    It's funny how people are. Some people come here and talk about how their pre is giving them problems, and since they only have a few posts, are immediately attacked as a troll with an agenda.

    Then you have someone that comes here with a few posts, mentions damaging their pre during their super-hero crime fighting and people bow down to them. The pre is soon forgotten and the super-hero stories keep getting better and better.

    At least I got to start my morning with a good laugh!
    I mean Damn! Dude can't even tell his story about his pre being smashed w/o cats sh*ttin all over him. Yall ma'f*ckers are a tough crowd. I appreciated the story Lyncha.

    And FWIW, just because you are black cop in a black neighborhood, doesn't mean you're not capable of racial profiling. (Ever see Boyz N The Hood?) Not saying you're that dude... but I'm just saying....
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeej View Post
    I'm laughing pretty hard at most of the people *****ing about lyncha stopping a guy for looking suspicious. He did the right thing as an officer, the guy that took off made the mistake. All you have to do at that point is identify yourself, no need to answer any questions of the officer besides that. He ****ed up by running because at that point he was breaking the law.
    I'm laughing pretty hard about people acting like they know whether he did the right thing.

    His initial "reasonable suspicion" claim seems pretty weak to me. I don't think it would hold up. See Terry v. Ohio.

    After the guy ran at the sight of the cop, the chase was probably okay under Illinois v. Wardlow.
  16. #56  
    Thank you from me also Lyncha.. Your service and skill are much appreciated.

    (Must not be in Texas since you said the magic word... Cool). Danr it's been a hot summer!

    Take care and keep up the good work Sir! And sorry to hear about your baby being fractured..
  17. #57  
    You should charge that Sc*mbag with Pre-meditated murder, even if it wasn't.
    .
    .
    .

    What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

    "Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  18. andyckr's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    No ****, there I was...

    Patrolling the neighborhoods of a certain Louisiana city as a police officer. I see a guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...). I initiate an investigatory stop to learn more about the individual's identity and his actions. As soon as I stop the patrol car, he breaks into a full sprint in the opposite direction. The chase is on. I hop out of my patrol car and begin a foot chase. Just when I close the distance with a few feet, he cuts into someone's yard and then hurdles their 6 feet tall wobbly wooden fence. In my attempt to go after him, I scale the fence also. But in doing so, my Pre, which sits in my shirt pocket, gets sandwiched between my body and the face. After I catch the guy and book him into the city jail, I go to make a phone call only to realize that my beloved Pre has a severely cracked screen and all touch capabilities had been lost. Damn. Glad I got the insurance.

    Moment of silence....
    RIP!
    Sorry to hear about your Pre but it was a good story though! Made me smile!
  19. #59  
    It was a hot day and i was walkin down the street with my shirt off, just playin with my pre, then this dude starts coming up to me, I'm like zomg he's gonna steal my pre, so i take off running, i almost lost him over a 6 foot tall wobbly fence but he caught up to me and tackled me to the ground and smashed my pre!! Then he jacked it and made an insurance claim :|
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    10-4. I hope so lol

    That post made me laugh because codes obviously vary by city... so if your pre is taking a big code-7 in the sky, ... for us your pre is having lunch...

    lol

    10-7 and good day...

    PS: With somethings that I have broken on duty, oakleys and such, depending on your supervisor and how cool he is... I completed a claim form through the city and got new ones...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions