Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    I think the other thing that comes into play is that if I were walking around my neighborhood (with or without a shirt, pants however I choose to wear them, and sweating or dry), I should not have too much trouble having a police officer stop and say, "Hey! What's your name and what are you doing?"

I assume in this scenario that I have a purpose to be in the area I am in and I am free of warrants.

There may have been more than meets the eye to this story. But not from any information we were given.

Too bad about the phone.

Dave
    I agree wholeheartedly. A person without anything to hide shouldn't have a problem identifying themselves to a law enforcement officer. And yes, there's more that that which meets the eye to this particular stop BUT the story was about my pre and not about some scumbag. I didn't want to take everyone through the ins/outs and do's/don'ts of a proper traffic stop. This isn't the place. That's CNN's website.

Anyhoo, can't wait to have my new infant pre in my hands to hold, squeeze, and enjoy. I only hope it's personality is as vibrant as the pre i recently loss to the mean streets of LA.
    My condolences for your loss.
    I for one appreciate your help and attention span. As someone who has been the victim of crime, It's these quick stops that can make the differance, if the person is about to commit a crime.

I had an issue years ago where I was dragged out of my vehical and hand cuffed by a police officer at gunpoint for felony vehical theft. I had bought the car from a close friend days earlier. I had registered and titled in my name.

My friend had reported it stolen 3 months before and "forgot" to tell them he found it behind his building where he parked one night after bar hoping.
    I have alot of reasons to not like mistakes by police officers.
    But I think they deserve some leeway. Besides Running from the cops is never a good idea....what a moron.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/05/2009 at 04:36 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I for one appreciate your help and attention span. As someone who has been the victim of crime, It's these quick stops that can make the differance, if the person is about to commit a crime.

I had an issue years ago where I was dragged out of my vehical and hand cuffed by a police officer at gunpoint for felony vehical theft. I had bought the car from a close friend days earlier. I had registered and titled in my name.
    My friend had reported it stolen 3 months before and "forgot" to tell them he found it behind his building where he parked one night after bar hoping.
    I have alot of reasons to not like mistakes by police officers.
    But I think they deserve some leeway. Besides Running from the cops is never a good idea....what a moron.
    Your circumstances were very unfortunate. I hope you promptly put your foot into your friend's ***.

Thanks for understanding though.
    I think I saw this on one of those cop shows. Except I don't remember a Pre being written into the script....

Anyway, when the suspect took off in the opposite direction, you should have thrown the cruiser in reverse and accidently run over the perp. Your Pre would have most likely survived and you could have snapped pics and shared them with us......

BTW, open or closed box exchange was pretty good, I belly laughed on that........

Thanks for protecting and serving.
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Are the cracks so bad it will be a "closed" box exchange?
    Hahaha gud 1!
    Sorry to hear about ur pre. Good ridance on the perp.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    No ****, there I was...

Patrolling the neighborhoods of a certain Louisiana city as a police officer. I see a guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...). I initiate an investigatory stop to learn more about the individual's identity and his actions. As soon as I stop the patrol car, he breaks into a full sprint in the opposite direction. The chase is on. I hop out of my patrol car and begin a foot chase. Just when I close the distance with a few feet, he cuts into someone's yard and then hurdles their 6 feet tall wobbly wooden fence. In my attempt to go after him, I scale the fence also. But in doing so, my Pre, which sits in my shirt pocket, gets sandwiched between my body and the face. After I catch the guy and book him into the city jail, I go to make a phone call only to realize that my beloved Pre has a severely cracked screen and all touch capabilities had been lost. Damn. Glad I got the insurance.

Moment of silence....
    amen brother in blue
    I was pretty heated at the police, simply because the plates and registration were in my name. The papers were in the car, and instead of seeing that their could have been a mistake, the local police and the sheriffs were talking about who would do the felony theft and who would do the counterfiting charges....Instead of looking at my record which has no arrests and no charges....I was also way mad at my buddy...funny story though because in the end he had to pay a fine for not reporting the fact that he found it....and i got apologies from everyone involved.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Yea can you run Tweed or Spaz during your Day and give us all your Twitter name so we can follow you lol
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Moment of Silence held for longer than a moment. My condolences. In time you will get over the loss, especially if you replace the loss with something to take your mind off it. (another Pre).....R.I.P....P.R.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    No ****, there I was...

Patrolling the neighborhoods of a certain Louisiana city as a police officer. I see a guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...). I initiate an investigatory stop to learn more about the individual's identity and his actions. As soon as I stop the patrol car, he breaks into a full sprint in the opposite direction. The chase is on. I hop out of my patrol car and begin a foot chase. Just when I close the distance with a few feet, he cuts into someone's yard and then hurdles their 6 feet tall wobbly wooden fence. In my attempt to go after him, I scale the fence also. But in doing so, my Pre, which sits in my shirt pocket, gets sandwiched between my body and the face. After I catch the guy and book him into the city jail, I go to make a phone call only to realize that my beloved Pre has a severely cracked screen and all touch capabilities had been lost. Damn. Glad I got the insurance.

Moment of silence....
    Not to be nitpicky but the "guy who looks sort of suspicious (pants sagging, no shirt on, sweating...)", aside from running the heck away from you (which obviously doesn't bode well if you've done nothing wrong anyway), what did you charge him with or was the conclusion of why he ran?

I find it odd that just because an individual is wearing saggy pants, shirtless and sweating is enough cause to arouse suspicion...or is (was) there more to your observation that you're not probably not allowed to divulge in this fora? No doubt his running away from your approach is telling in itself...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I knew it! I knew it! Profilin! Jus t because I got no shirt on, one shoe, pants around my ankles, ski mask on, w/a bloody knife in my hand, a crack pipe in my mouth, there's a dead body on the ground at my feet, and I start running as soon as I see a police car while shooting over my shoulder at the cop and any small children nearby doesn't mean i'm doing anything wrong. I mean, what about my rights?

I am no police officer, and I can usually feel when someones doing something shady. So why couldn't a cop, patrolling his own neighborhood?
    I know you didn't mean to start this discussion here, but I live in B.R. And I'm paranoid just stoppin at the gas station sometimes. And I live in a relatively safe part of town. These Louisiana boys will pop yo *** in a second.... And for nothing. They don't value life at all. I take care of them in my icu all the time. I can only hope there are more police like you actually being proactive in trying to prevent crime rather than just arresting people after the harms been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    There may have been more than meets the eye to this story.
    Yeah.....

From a City Councilman and former Police Officer (16year) I hope that your Pre in now in that big Code-7 in the sky.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    for all the curious,

the guy, when caught, was found to have crack cocaine stashed in his **** crack. Thanks to all the peeps who appreciate a cop who actually does his/her job. Its funny how lots of people pretend to hate cops until the moment some thug puts a gun to their heads and places their life and the lives of their precious loved ones in danger. Then, the question becomes, where was a cop? Why didn't they notice this strange character? Funny.

No matter what, me and my fellow guys in blue will be there to save your butts even though you spit in our faces. Cause thats just what we do. someone has to do it. I did 6 years in the Army which included 16 months in Iraq and I decided that instead of fighting for the freedom of Iraqis, I would much rather fight for the freedom and safety of the everyday American. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the Iraqis are generally more appreciative as a whole of what we did than Americans are for their local cops. Yeah, there are bad apples on the police force, but tell me one profession that doesn't have its bad apples? Don't let the dumb acts of others affect your opinion of all officers.

Just about every city has a program where regular civilians can request a ride-along with a police officer during a regular work shift. I highly suggest that some of you guys take that ride. That way, when you bash us, atleast then you will have a good reason to do so. Maybe.

Now, let me step down from my soapbox. Code 8.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    From a City Councilman and former Police Officer (16year) I hope that your Pre in now in that big Code-7 in the sky.
    10-4. I hope so lol
    Let's see... if the Pre were underage, would that make it a pre-Pre? Is THAT a misdemeanor?

Seriously, we do appreciate your service. And since most people don't really understand what "profiling" is (being aware of criminal tendencies), I am glad that you are doing your job to protect me and the people I love!

Suggestion: get a hard case? and waterproof? and bullet-proof, while you're at it?

Hey - anybody want to chip in to help replace his Pre?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Let's see... if the Pre were underage, would that make it a pre-Pre? Is THAT a misdemeanor?

Seriously, we do appreciate your service. And since most people don't really understand what "profiling" is (being aware of criminal tendencies), I am glad that you are doing your job to protect me and the people I love!

Suggestion: get a hard case? and waterproof? and bullet-proof, while you're at it?

Hey - anybody want to chip in to help replace his Pre?
    pre-Pre huh lol. LMFAO hahahaahahaha good one.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast