Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious to know how everyone feels about Michael Vick and whether or not he should have been reinstated.
    I love the way it's played out so far.... Goodell should have reinstated him since he has done everything Goodell and the law have asked of him. Now all 32 teams should tell him to take a hike. Unfortunately I am sure some classless organization will sign him at some point..... my money is on the Deadskins
    I thought 2 years for dog fighting was way too much. It sounds like the Packers or the Vikings will sign him.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

As much as part of me is annoyed that he could be back to making the big bucks, the fact is that he paid his debt.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    OK, so he got two years for dog fighting-which is way too much, and I'll explain why in a minute-and he's done his time. Why the hell shouldn't he be allowed to make a living doing what he does well?
    Now, here's what really irritates me: a woman crushes her baby's skull and gets TWO MONTHS PROBATION. A pastor in the Richmond, VA area KILLS HIS CHILD by leaving it in a hot car for hours, he got NOTHING.
    Yet, all Vick did was put on dog fights. He SERVED two freaking years. Where the hell is the justice here? Why is dog fighting worse than killing kids?
    One last thing: A 27 year old student faces ten years in jail. What did he do that was so bad? MODDED VIDEO GAME CONSOLES.
    You tell me: is human life so worthless? Do we value dogs and game consoles more? Seems we do.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm just happy my bengals said no way.

Now just keep your fingers crossed everyone else says the same to that piece of sh!t
    I don't get it . NFL has people that killed people in it , beat their wives and all. But this they are ,making the example out of.

Now I do tink what he did and allowed to happen is way wrong ,I have 2 dogs and have always had at least one ,but in the end of the day they are just dogs .

Some Cultures raise them for food.

I don't care if anyone picks him up or not bu they should have gave firm dates so someone knows what they are getting and can decide.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    If "Michael Vick" was just a normal person do you think we would be having a discussing as to whether he should be allowed to go back to work? If he was an everyday person, we would be saying "He should go back to work and be apart of society again."

Plus, being apart of the NFL, which will again put the spot light on him, will give him the opportunity to be an advocate against animal cruelty.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Reasons he got hit hard:
    - This was no spur of the moment situation thing. This was a multi year effort that involved severe cruelty to dogs. He did not just "host" dog fighting...he was integral.
    - When dogs did not perform, they shot and burried them

I am on the side that 2 years was perfectly justified. Now it is time to move on and let the man work.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    Reasons he got hit hard:
    - This was no spur of the moment situation thing. This was a multi year effort that involved severe cruelty to dogs. He did not just "host" dog fighting...he was integral.
    - When dogs did not perform, they shot and burried them

I am on the side that 2 years was perfectly justified. Now it is time to move on and let the man work.
    You mentioned something that I was thinking about, it was a very long investigation, and since it was so long, there was a lot of severe cruelty to dogs that continued during the investigation. I don't know why they didn't nip it in the **** as soon as possible.

Personally I think dog fighting is pretty sick.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Vick should be out. We have to start sometime. I have been saying this for years over other players. Why do we have to have a player that does wrong and resign them. They are looked up to and take our money (lots of it) with out regard to the status they have attained. There are many great players that can't get into the Pros because these fools are taking up stops and these others would set a better example.
    I think he should first be set blindfolded, and handcuffed and painted in fresh blood, in a small enclosed area with some of the dogs he trained to fight. AFter say an hour or so, if he is still alive, he should be able to be the yard cleaner upper in some foot ball park.

Just my opinion.. he is a piece of gargage and deserves no less
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I think he should first be set blindfolded, and handcuffed and painted in fresh blood, in a small enclosed area with some of the dogs he trained to fight. AFter say an hour or so, if he is still alive, he should be able to be the yard cleaner upper in some foot ball park.

Just my opinion.. he is a piece of gargage and deserves no less

+1

I can't imagine anything like what those dogs went through happening to my pit. All of the talk of his punishment being too severe in comparison to other crimes/situations just shows their is something wrong with the system as a whole, not that Vick was punished too severly.
    I'm a big dog person....and hate what Vick did and the thought of what he did to these animals is pretty disgusting. However, I think many people seem to put more emphasis on crimes against dogs than humans. For the woman who thinks he should have been tied to a post with blood around and kept in a cage with his animals for an hour, I would hope she felt even stronger about Saddam Hussein. However, I have a feeling some (notice I said "some", not all) of the people who wanted Vick put to death for what he did probably felt what was done to Hussein was out of bounds when he killed how many thousands of people?

With that said....Vick did the time and as far as I'm concerned if he still has the skills that can win football games, he should be given a chance. The man served 2 years....lost all of his financial worth....and if he can rebound from this and be a better person, good for him. Does that mean I advocate what he did? Absolutely not...but he clearly paid a deep price for his behavior and I gotta believe he has learned his lesson. Give him one chance, any other problems....then kick him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    With that said....Vick did the time and as far as I'm concerned if he still has the skills that can win football games, he should be given a chance. The man served 2 years....lost all of his financial worth....and if he can rebound from this and be a better person, good for him. Does that mean I advocate what he did? Absolutely not...but he clearly paid a deep price for his behavior and I gotta believe he has learned his lesson. Give him one chance, any other problems....then kick him out.
    I respect your opinion.

I would say that as paid Firefighter, I would be considered a person of trust for the community and as such if I even peed in the wind I would sure loose my job. I'm would believe it is that way for many of you here. What makes these PUBLIC players any better?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I respect your opinion.

I would say that as paid Firefighter, I would be considered a person of trust for the community and as such if I even peed in the wind I would sure loose my job. I'm would believe it is that way for many of you here. What makes these PUBLIC players any better?
    Bottom line.....Cha-Ching
    I respect your opinion.

Well.....this is just my opinion.....but....a Firefighter needs to be a little (being sarcastic, a LOT) more trusted than a football player. You are all about saving lives and therefore I think it is fair to say you should be held to a higher standard. That isn't a cut at you, it is actually showing I respect what you do....you save lives! Vick throws a football....he doesn't save lives or really effect other lives. I'm 46 and gave up a long time ago putting these athletes on a pedastal. If people still do....so be it, their choice....but you're going to often be disappointed. I handle poeple's money and have to meet certain standards as well and probably would not look good if I was also caught peeing "in the wind". Would you want to give your money to someone caught "peeing in the wind"? Unlikely. But....throwing, catching, or running with a football just doesn't have quite the same concern to me.

The issue is how much we pay these guys. I don't knock these athletes for taking the money, but I would knock the owners for paying them these ridiculous sums of money. Again....another can of worms....people buy their jerseys, go to games to watch them....blah, blah, blah.....so shouldn't they get paid for that? I understand that argument. A whole other can.....
    I'm with you on this one. The man committed some despicable acts, in my opinion. It's one thing to deprive a dog of food or ignore it, to torture the animals like he did is leaps and bounds beyond. The guy lacks a moral compass and needs a change of heart. Is that possible? Yes, I believe so. He committed crimes, I just don't believe those actions should necessarily ban him from the game. IF he can truly change, I'd say let him play since he's done the time.

While pro athletes can be role models, a public servant is a little different to me. Your job requires you to be involved in your community with citizens and co-workers putting their life in your hands. Michael Vick tosses a leather ball and tries not to get tackled by 350lb men wearing armor.

Basically, all I'm saying is that IF Vick truly understands his crimes and has a change of heart, I say give the guy another chance. If he sees nothing wrong with his actions, keep him out of the league simply because of the PRPRPR $nightmare$.
    Last edited by semprini; 08/05/2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Got you all on the trusted public employee thing but how about our children or in my case also grandchildren looking up to these few overpaid jerks. I guess the only way we as the fans could change it is to stop buying and watching sports stuff...hmm....na...never happen. We live for beer and wings at game time.
    , I would hope she felt even stronger about Saddam Hussein.

I Absolutely DID feel the same way about that piece of scum hussein.. He deserved even WORSE than Vick

I was in the "Head on a Stick" camp on HIS sorry ***!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast