Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    Why is dog fighting worse than killing kids?

    You tell me: is human life so worthless? Do we value dogs and game consoles more? Seems we do.



    Because Dogs, will never steal from you, or talk behind your back etc ... they just love you unconditionally.


    People in general suck.
  2. #22  
    Also .. Let the guy play football. He went to jail did what the courts decided. If he built roads no one would even question him going back to work.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    Because Dogs, will never steal from you, or talk behind your back etc ... they just love you unconditionally.


    People in general suck.
    Yeah I'd love to see you go up to some of the Dobermans and Bull Terriers I've known and try to pet them. ALL animals should be treated with respect, not just dogs. Why dogs seem to be the preferred pet is because they were bred over the generations to basically kiss our as*! I see many hypocrital dog lovers willingly abuse cats and other 'lesser' animals they consider unworthy of their so called 'love'.


    What Mr. vick did was terrible, but he did his time without protest and should be allowed to play imo.
  4. #24  
    Obviously some dogs are trained to be that way. I kinda meant your own dogs.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by paymondimonium View Post
    Just curious to know how everyone feels about Michael Vick and whether or not he should have been reinstated.
    Vick is a yawn...

    He did his time... he is a football player, not a role model. He gets paid to entertain us... let him do it.

    I hope he gets help for his gambling problem... and bad decision making. Hopefully he won't be "OJ dumb."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #26  
    He did his time for the crime. Many of you say let him play. What about the good stand up players that would like to get drafted but because players like Vick are allowed to come back the spots remained closed. I agree he is a great player. I guess this is what we have come to. A person does not have to pay taxes to get in office. A persons word does not have to mean anything anymore. And players can make big money and not have to worry about losing their job in most cases. Heck our kids think sex is not really sex after the President said it wasn't. Have we really gone this far? Is there not anyone that just wants good honest people to look up to and represent them anymore?
  7. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    He did his time... he is a football player, not a role model.
    If only.

    A role model isn't something in a person's job description. It's everyone. And it's especially high-profile people who will likely be emulated by younger generations. Unfortunately, the message being sent is that people will overlook just about anything if you're famous.

    Now, the fact that people seem more willing to forgive Roman Polanski than Michael Vick is sickening.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    He did his time for the crime. Many of you say let him play. What about the good stand up players that would like to get drafted but because players like Vick are allowed to come back the spots remained closed. I agree he is a great player. I guess this is what we have come to. A person does not have to pay taxes to get in office. A persons word does not have to mean anything anymore. And players can make big money and not have to worry about losing their job in most cases. Heck our kids think sex is not really sex after the President said it wasn't. Have we really gone this far? Is there not anyone that just wants good honest people to look up to and represent them anymore?
    If they were going to be drafted, they would have... Vick did not "take a spot."

    I say allow him to make a living. Not like we are talking about letting a convicted child molester reopen a daycare.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    If only.

    A role model isn't something in a person's job description. It's everyone. And it's especially high-profile people who will likely be emulated by younger generations. Unfortunately, the message being sent is that people will overlook just about anything if you're famous.

    Now, the fact that people seem more willing to forgive Roman Polanski than Michael Vick is sickening.
    Vick went to jail!!!

    If anything, he is the poster child of "this is what happens if you do something wrong." But the wrong message would be "if you do something wrong, we punish you forever."

    Unfortunately, the kids they want him to be a role model for, aren't listening to Vick. They see him now as the guy who must follow his probation. Although, it will be nice if he could save the life of at least one animal... change the mind of at least one person... that would be nice, but we will never know for sure.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  10. theisley's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #30  
    Born and raised in the ATL, grew up a huge Falcons fan. Vick was not just fighting dogs, which is a disgusting act in itself, but was torturing dogs, electrocuting them, drowning them, strangling them, and lied to the feds. That's why he received the sentence he did.
    He had been doing this most of his life. He's a P.O.S, and got what he deserved.
  11. #31  
    Dog fighting is all over the South and nobody gets two years if any sentence when they are caught. As far as Vick, he served the ridiculous sentence and now is going back to his JOB. If you were in prison do you think you should not be allowed to work when released? As far as young, undrafted players....if they had NFL level talent, they would have been drafted, Vick appears to still be able to play at that level and that is why he gets a spot. He will be welcomed AND hated anywhere he goes and I wouldn't mind seeing him in St Louis. As much as we pay for Bulger to suck whats a couple million to Vick.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadh88 View Post
    Dog fighting is all over the South and nobody gets two years if any sentence when they are caught.....
    Funny you said that, I was just reading this article that said:

    ...Dog fighting, particularly in the south is part of African American culture. But when Peyton Manning and Brett Favre dawn their camouflage and kill deer thatís considered sport?...
    The saga of Michael Vick continues as he seeks NFL team
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If they were going to be drafted, they would have... Vick did not "take a spot."

    I say allow him to make a living. Not like we are talking about letting a convicted child molester reopen a daycare.
    I guess you are not to into football. If Vick takes a spot then that means there was a spot to fill. If there was a spot to fill then someone would be traded to that spot or called back or better yet drafted in the future. There are many ways to fill an open position. Or bettter yet he could cause someone that is under preforming or not developed yet to be cut. An that could be a guy that has a family and always tried to do well for the community. You say let him make a living. How about flipping burgers. OH maybe not - knowing him he might slip in dog meat to make extra money on the side.
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Vick went to jail!!!

    If anything, he is the poster child of "this is what happens if you do something wrong." But the wrong message would be "if you do something wrong, we punish you forever."

    Unfortunately, the kids they want him to be a role model for, aren't listening to Vick. They see him now as the guy who must follow his probation. Although, it will be nice if he could save the life of at least one animal... change the mind of at least one person... that would be nice, but we will never know for sure.
    Actually, I think they see him as a guy who got a bum rap. And his eventual elevation to star status will only validate that opinion.
  15. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    Because Dogs, will never steal from you, or talk behind your back etc ... they just love you unconditionally.


    People in general suck.
    Have you never walked away from your plate and a dog steal that hamburger? Come on now! Dogs may love us, but you're nuts if you think they wouldn't steal you blind!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  16. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Funny you said that, I was just reading this article that said:

    The saga of Michael Vick continues as he seeks NFL team
    Did that article say anything about Peyton Manning and Brett Favre torturing, electocuting, strangling, or setting those live deer on fire?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions