1.    #1  
    Does anyone here know how to convert .MID audio files to .MP3? I need this because i have this music file in .MID format and i want my Clie to play it, but it can only play MP3's.

If you know of some software to convert them, or a tool in winamp, it would be very helpful

Thanks!
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Since MID format is basically music notation, you probably need to use some analog route...ie MIDI player out to analog back into digital to make an MP3 file.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  3.    #3  
    could you post a link to an example please. and posibly explain it in steps. It is kinda complicated, to find a midiplayer that can record in a different format
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Robert:

The above is just a theory...sorry...can't show you an example.

Midi files aren't audio files. They don't contain actual music, but rather just music notation...it's entirely up to the Midi player to choose the instruments, etc. Think of it as the old player-piano paper spools. The spools didn't actually make the music, they just told the piano how to make it.

All that said, you will need to find a good MIDI player. You'd then need to find some sort of audio program that can record sound directly from the MIDI player. Save THAT file as a WAV file (or whatever) and then rip that into an MP3.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  5.    #5  
    ok, i can record the music, but it wont let me save it in another format besides .wav
    Ok, you are on a good start. Now that you have a .wav file, you need to get a program to convert that file to MP3. Musicmatch is supposedly a good free program that can do this. I think that realjukebox will also do this.

BEN