1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have been trying to make my WinXP PC have a partition with Win98se so that both are bootable.

Software used:
    Partition Magic Pro 7.0

Settings:
    I have a Dell Pent 4 PC with one 60gig HD and WinXP Pro.

Tests:
    I've tried to install it before and after my XP partition but nothing works.

Problem after booting:
    Error 100 while executing batch
    Error 100 Partition Table Is Bad

Suggested Solution:
    Fix 2: In this situation, the problem can be fixed by going into the BIOS Setup and changing the device settings for the removable drive or drives from "Auto" to "None."

My problem:
    I don't know how to perform Fix 2. Where is the BIOS Setup in WinXP pro?

Thanks for your help

Al

PS: By the way I was using the Partition Magic Wizard. Support says it should work fine with XP.
    Does it say this can be done? I was under the impression that WinXP used a different Filesystem structure than Win9x. I think XP uses NTFS, or something similar, and 9x uses FAT.

I know at one point it was impossible to dual boot NT and 9x on one drive because of this.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    Yes, If you go to the Partition Magic website you will see that they claim that they support WinXP. I was under the same impression that it didn't work, However it looks like it can be done. They also claim to support NTFS. At the same time, Win98se supports Fat32 and XP too. My WinXP is Fat32, because it came like that from the manufaturer (Dell).

I really need help trying to make this program work.

Thanks...!!

Al
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Are you trying to put XP and Win98 on the same partition? I think the Boot Manager from Partition Magic folks wants the XP and Win98 on a different partition. The only product that I know that might work is System Commander. It allows multiple Win98 OS on the same partition.

Another option you might want to try is to install Win98 first on a Win32 partition, then install your WinXP next. I think XP will save the appriorate information and allow you to boot WinXP or Win98.

Originally posted by acajigas
    Yes, If you go to the Partition Magic website you will see that they claim that they support WinXP. I was under the same impression that it didn't work, However it looks like it can be done. They also claim to support NTFS. At the same time, Win98se supports Fat32 and XP too. My WinXP is Fat32, because it came like that from the manufaturer (Dell).

I really need help trying to make this program work.

Thanks...!!

Al