Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    *sigh*
    Oh alright. You know, if I pulled a stunt like this, my cohones would be in a grinder too.
    www.studio1809.com
    P.S. I feel at home with geeks like you.
    Originally posted by DingoFish
    I think everyone agrees that this guys site was poorly designed. He should have worked more on it, got more advice, etc. But WTF is up with the hostility about it?
    Who's hostile? I'm not hostile. You want hostile? I'll give you hostile! I got your hostile right here!
    (I'm kidding. put the stick down.)

I mean the site's down because he's changing it, go and read the first post again.
    That's not the original first post. he should have made a new post and continued the flow of the conversation rather than destroying it by completely changing his original post. Now someone who comes late (as it were) won't knwo what's going on. Hey, I've been following along, but I wouldn't go back to the beginning every time -- I didn't know of the change until I saw your post. Poor etiquette.

A guy tries something new and half the folks here are telling him to f'off for even trying because he's not as good a designer as them or other sites the have seen.
    He *asked* for criticism. "What do you think?" he says. I thought it was ugly. I said so. What he does with that information is up to him. What's your problem?

PastaGrrl has cohones?
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    OK, I don't have cohones, obviously. But you get what I mean.
    www.studio1809.com
    P.S. I feel at home with geeks like you.
    yes, I was just doing my usual funny. Don't you like my funny? 'cause I can always take it back to the shop for a tune-up.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by PDAENVY
    I'm confused.
    I think you're being facetious.
    First you say:
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    I'm generally more forgiving of a new site than I am an established one.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where exactly is this confusing for you? This was obviously a statement of how he treats new sites as opposed to established ones. Personally, I'm more perplexed by why you mangled the context here...
    Then you say:
    quote:
    You only get one chance.
    Which is it?
    Maybe it's this mangling that's causing your confusion? Here "one chance" clearly refers to
    Try designing your own site and getting it perfect the first time.
    (emphasis mine) which preceded it. IOW, he's more forgiving of new sites because he considers it impossible to design it perfectly the first time, and one only gets one chance to do it "the first time". After that, one is simply revising or improving what one has done previously.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Ow! My brain hurts after looking at the light blue type on a light gray background. Maybe bigger type for those of us that wear glasses would be nice also. And content. You just can't have a website without content.

Keep working on the site and you might have something. But I wouldn't advertise the fact you are a web designer; I don't think it would help your business.
    The following space intentionally left blank...

RadarGreg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12