Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77 View Post
    Ok don't get me wrong I am extremely patriotic. I was in th U.S. ARMY for 5 years. But I'm not trying to be patriotic in this post. I'm simply saying I'm thankfun I wasn't born in a third world country where this phone is not offered or could not work. you get a thank you anyway.
    Or worse... born and living in a third-world country, working in a factory where you make all this cool high-tech stuff for Americans and Europeans, and never being able to afford a single item from said factory let alone ever being able to use one.

I've been to more than a few third-world countries (during my time in the Marines) and the difference in cultures and relative wealth is staggering. I remember showing people my Palm III and blowing their minds; they thought it was all science fiction stuff.
    Moved from Palm Pre forum to Off Topic forum.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Got mine first week of July - because I was a dope and got the Instinct last year.
    The phone has been 98.7% awesome - short of a couple of minor issues.

But besides being a fun, functional phone - I see it as almost the gift that keeps on giving. It is great now. And when more apps come down the pike - more awesome. Once the software revisions add more to the phone (i.e. VVM and/or video recording among others) - even more awesome! OH! And NFL Mobile! AND the biggie - Flash integration!!

Plus, I just bought a car with bluetooth AND a USB jack - so I can use my Pre in even more ways than before! I am indeed a happy camper!

kitster
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Or worse... born and living in a third-world country, working in a factory where you make all this cool high-tech stuff for Americans and Europeans, and never being able to afford a single item from said factory let alone ever being able to use one.

I've been to more than a few third-world countries (during my time in the Marines) and the difference in cultures and relative wealth is staggering. I remember showing people my Palm III and blowing their minds; they thought it was all science fiction stuff.
    I could not even emagine how bad that would suck. By the way thank you for your service.
    . By the way thank you for your service.
    +1
    grappler:
    I should elaborate a bit. Someone on Twitter mentioned that they measure their happiness with the Pre by the number of hours their laptop stays asleep when they're home. I'm the same way--I hardly ever open my notebook at home anymore because I enjoy the freedom and ease of reading email, and even surfing, on the Pre. There have been times when I've been sitting reading the web, checking email, getting notifications, tweeting, doing Facebook stuff, swiping cards all over the place, and the experience is so seamless that I completely forget that I'm using a DAMN PHONE. Then I'll stop and say to myself, "Holy ******, this thing is amazing."
    Yea, I know what you mean, it happens to me all the time since the morning of June 6th, 2009. Aaaahhhhh...history, in the making
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I could not even emagine how bad that would suck. By the way thank you for your service.
    And I thank you for your service to our country, as well.

As to the Pre, I never realized how useful the multi-tasking could be until I used it. Every iPhone user I've showed the multi-tasking to was blown away by it, and so far, quite a few of them have gotten Pre's. It really is a game-changer for those who use their phones as PIMs/phones/Hitchhiker's Guides rather than fart-sound and light saber machines.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I love this phone and all of its capabilities. i love being able to be anywhere and pulling up any piece of information that i need at any given time. its amazing!

PS: if anyone has questions regarding the phone or sprint please post them for us to answer in our Ask a sprint rep thread!!

-intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    I'm simply saying I'm thankfun I wasn't born in a third world country where this phone is not offered or could not work.
    Seriously man, keep those gems coming. This is quite the entertaining thread.
    Yes!!!! Happy Pre owners! I like my phone as well....I came from the Treo 650 and the internet access on that phone was just plain pathetic....I feel like I'm flying around the internet on my Pre. I enjoy how lite the phone is.....the size.....the speed....much better email access.....just an easy phone to work with. Waiting on some tweeks and additional programs, but otherwise, quite happy and I was a 6/6 buyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Ok, I get that some folks get a hard on for being patriotic and all, but aren't you a bit off the rocker here?

Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Seriously man, keep those gems coming. This is quite the entertaining thread.
    I guess you don't like the Pre, or maybe you had bad luck with the Pre?
    Please! Get over it!
    I was in line early in the morning of June 6th to get my Pre, I wasn't 100% happy with it - a little infamous oreo effect - so I got another one on June 27? I think.
    Anyway, since then, no problemas con my Pre
    To the OP; don't mind Carioca, pobrecito, no sabe lo que dice.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123