Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    FAN BOYS!!! "Oh my gosh! This phone has cured my cancer". I want to thank Palm, the Pope, and US Constitution. Geeze guys its just a phone....
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    Sorry to go off track but what's up with the goating thing? ''goating aint easy'', ''this goat this and that...'' in other threads?? Do you really think ur a bloody goat? VERY annoying!
    Goat is been around for sometime, and yes "its a GOAT".
    Are you annoyed with GOATS ?, or with humans ? or humans acting as goats ? or goats acting as humans ?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    FAN BOYS!!! "Oh my gosh! This phone has cured my cancer". I want to thank Palm, the Pope, and US Constitution. Geeze guys its just a phone....
    Forget the pope and the constitution! Thanks Palm!
    If its just a phone why are you here with close to 300 posts! Haha.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    LOL nice!
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman View Post
    forget the pope and the constitution! Thanks palm!
    eggzagtly
    Had it since launch day. Absolutely love it. Best phone I ever had.
    I should elaborate a bit. Someone on Twitter mentioned that they measure their happiness with the Pre by the number of hours their laptop stays asleep when they're home. I'm the same way--I hardly ever open my notebook at home anymore because I enjoy the freedom and ease of reading email, and even surfing, on the Pre. There have been times when I've been sitting reading the web, checking email, getting notifications, tweeting, doing Facebook stuff, swiping cards all over the place, and the experience is so seamless that I completely forget that I'm using a DAMN PHONE. Then I'll stop and say to myself, "Holy ******, this thing is amazing."
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Forget the pope and the constitution! Thanks Palm!
    Because I was part of "Treo Central" for years so it's using those post count numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wolfe77 View Post
    ...im feeling extremely THANKFUL for being born in such an awesome country to where i can own such an awesome phone even in hard times. So from here on out im going to be very "THANK" happy. If you feel that ive wasted a thread and your time for posting this, sorry. And thank you.
    Ok, I get that some folks get a hard on for being patriotic and all, but aren't you a bit off the rocker here?

Seriously?
    I had to wait 6 weeks to get my hands on a Pre. With still 2 weeks to go until my renewal, I got a great gift, a demo unit for my company. Being a Pre spaz, I was elected the official tester. And test it I have.

I thought for sure that my expectations were way too high and the phone would disappoint, but as it turns out I like it even more than I had imagined I would. The phone is never more than an arm's length away from me. I call it "The PREcious" and talk about it like it was a member of the family.

Favorite Things:
    1) Multitasking is of course amazing
    2) Notifications and the ability to control music apps from the notification area...amazing
    3) Pandora implementation...amazing
    4) Screen is beautiful
    5) Keyboard is incredible. I like it better than my BB Bold's keyboard and way better than the Centro
    6) The navigation is great. I absolutely love the different methods of getting around and I've made a sport out of figuring out the most efficient way to move around in different scenarios. Swiping away apps and emails and notifications is a joy every time.
    7) When the lighting is good, the camera simply blows my mind.

There are some less than ideal things, but I think most of them will be resolved (PIM crapiness, video recording, battery life is meh, few other nitpicky things that have been posted ad nauseum on this board)

I've been very disappointed in technology for years. I haven't seen anything that seems futuristic since I first saw an HDTV a decade ago. That is until the Pre, makes me feel like I am in Ironman or Minority Report. Now that I've shown my geek colors, I bid this post adieu.
    Very well said.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well to many positive posts.

I am in the I think the phone stinks club. I returned after 5 days due to buld defects and lack of features and once I examined the API and found that no intense applicaions coud be created with this device (Read Not WebOS apps).
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Ok, I get that some folks get a hard on for being patriotic and all, but aren't you a bit off the rocker here?

Seriously?
    LMAO finally someone that agrees with me. Seriously it's just a PHONE!! WTF does "THANKFUL for being born in such an awesome country to where i can own such an awesome phone even in hard times" have to do with anything? We should all wave the American Flag now just because of the Pre?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    best. phone. ever.
    Sorry to go off track but what's up with the goating thing? ''goating aint easy'', ''this goat this and that...'' in other threads?? Do you really think ur a bloody goat? VERY annoying!
    If these are the things that keep you up at night (i.e. annoy you)... wow.

To the OP, nicely said, except this probably belongs in the off-topic forum, which is a shame because I know topics don't exactly blossom over there.

Moved.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellweek View Post

I am in the I think the phone stinks club. I returned after 5 days due to buld defects and lack of features and once I examined the API and found that no intense applicaions coud be created with this device (Read Not WebOS apps).
    The build defect thing is bothering me too.
    But its not at a point that I need to return the phone.

I hope you find a phone that lets you create intense applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellweek View Post

Its funny, posts like this actually made me nervous a bit, made me think maybe the phone has some serious issues. While there may be some build issues (the one I have is perfect) and some things needing improvement, its the overall design of the OS that make it so impressive.

I've come to the conclusion that people with this opinion are in 3 camps:
    1) They need a more established phone that already has features like VPN, flushed out PIM and apps, in that case they should not be buying a brand new platform. Their complaints do have a place on this board in that they inform other similar users of the limitations.

2) They expected the phone to be perfect. In that case, no such thing. They should just return the phone and be quiet as they are the ones who say "I can't believe this phone doesn't blah blah blah"

3) Fanboys of something else determined to hate it.

Personally, I like the phone for what it is and what it will be. It does everything I NEED it to do and quite a few things besides. Plus, damn its fun.

I've been carrying around a Blackberry Bold, Palm Centro and an iPhone 3G for the last 3 months. I've ditched the iPhone for the Pre and will be ditching the Centro as soon as I get my own Pre. I am stuck with the BB as we are Lotus shop.

The only thing I'll miss from the iPhone is PocketTanks and Jellycar. I can live without them. I really won't miss anything about the Centro except maybe the hardware buttons but I can do without.

I won't ever do anything with my BB now except email and looking at my work Calendar. Navigating on that phone makes me want to jump out a window, the web is worthless and I just feel "dirty" using it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    LMAO finally someone that agrees with me. Seriously it's just a PHONE!! WTF does "THANKFUL for being born in such an awesome country to where i can own such an awesome phone even in hard times" have to do with anything? We should all wave the American Flag now just because of the Pre?
    Ok don't get me wrong I am extremely patriotic. I was in th U.S. ARMY for 5 years. But I'm not trying to be patriotic in this post. I'm simply saying I'm thankfun I wasn't born in a third world country where this phone is not offered or could not work. you get a thank you anyway.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I got mine June 7th (got a call from the Sprint Store saying they got a few more in since I missed getting one on the 6th), and have had no problems with mine and I've been extremely happy!

Now my wife and daughter both want one. I think wife will get hers first.
    It is really cool to have the Pre. Really cool to be an American.

In a short amount of time, it will be really cool to be a Canadian, Britain, German, Frenchy French (oolala), and Austrailian.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast