Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    This year should be incredible. Bradford, McCoy and Tebow all returning. I wonder how Tebow and Florida will do without Percy Harvin. Add October 17 to your Palm pre Calendar. Sam Bradford and OU vs Colt McCoy and Texas. Yeah. That's what I'm talking about
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    College football sucks but I can't wait for the NFL to start. Camps start anyday now and before ya know it preseason will be here. Hallelujah!!!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    College football sucks but I can't wait for the NFL to start...
    Well, my boy is going to be a Sophomore at the University of Florida and if you were in my shoes, you would see college football in a completely different light There's much more passion in college football than there is in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    There's much more passion in college football than there is in the NFL.
    I'm with you on this Cooknn.

Love college football.

Good Luck to your son.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Hook em horns ! :d
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    ...There's much more passion in college football than there is in the NFL.
    They're playing for the love of the game. It doesn't get any better than that. Good luck to your son!

What I dislike about the college football is their current BCS playoffs. Numerous writers at ESPN have came up with a regular playoff system, which is what they need.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

With or without the BCS you have to love college football. Doesn't get much better than the pride and passion these guys play with.

Lets go hogs!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They're playing for the love of the game.
    Naw... they're playing to trash the other guy and win the game. Oh, and don't forget the NFL scouts....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Slightly off topic, but directly related to the OP's passion for the game.

Many years ago I lived in Minnesota. Even with all the professional sport teams that they have, the Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament had really high TV ratings. The ratings were so high, a local TV station paid $1 million dollars back in 1990 for the broadcast rights.

What made the MN High School Hockey Tournament so great, is every couple of years a little school in northern Minnesota that no one had ever heard of would win it all. It was like watching the movie Hoosiers. Some of these schools were so small, they didn't have enough players for a fourth line. It was the ultimate underdog story. These small schools that won it all, won it with heart and pure passion for the game.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Ready for football season as well....even with a rookie coach (gotta love a coach name "Dabo") at Clemson (that's Clempson, with a "p" for those that don't know) I'm excited about some players we got coming back. Watch for C.J. Spiller....dude is fast....just got to figure a way to get him past the line (grrrrrrrrr).
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    College football is king.

I go to mississippi state
    We're pretty much dead last in the SEC in football. and I'm not lying when I tell you that everyone still goes to every game. The excitement of a game is incredible.

@Cooknn Thanks for the new head coach, Dan Mullen. We needed em..
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    These small schools that won it all, won it with heart and pure passion for the game.
    You're an incurable romantic, you know that right? j/k. I know what you're saying. My neice captained one of those HS hockey teams, went on to take state, and went to college on a hockey scholarship
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I'm with you on this Cooknn.

Love college football.

Good Luck to your son.
    Thanks! He's a Chemical Engineering major. Smart kid.

They're playing for the love of the game. It doesn't get any better than that. Good luck to your son!

What I dislike about the college football is their current BCS playoffs. Numerous writers at ESPN have came up with a regular playoff system, which is what they need.
    Thank you too! I agree the BCS system blows. It would make so much more sense to have a playoff system. Then teams like Utah could have a shot at the title. Speaking of which, I still can't believe UF beat OU last year. They should have killed us. Good D, and Tebow made the difference.

Many years ago I lived in Minnesota. Even with all the professional sport teams that they have, the Minnesota High School Hockey Tournament had really high TV ratings. The ratings were so high, a local TV station paid $1 million dollars back in 1990 for the broadcast rights.
    I lived in Edina, MN in the early 80's. I know what you mean! High School Hockey is huge out there. It blew me away when the Northstars left for Dallas.
    I go to the University of Florida (as a graduate student in electrical engineering) and I am super excited that both me and my girlfriend got student tickets this season.

Tailgating, REAL rivalries (NFL can't compare), BCS drama, and of course Florida dominating Offense/Defense makes this year easy to look forward to!
    They MAY be playing with more passion (though I disagree) but you can't argue they are playing with less skill, talent, and ability. Bowl games are total jokes and 2-3 years later nobody remembers what happened where as in the NFL every season becomes legendary.
    So I know this is going to bring out the haters and trash talk....but if you do, it just means were that cool to be talked about when we are so bad

GO BLUE!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    To hell with Michigan. Go Bucks!