1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.. I am currently a college student taking a consumer behavior class and for my project, I am focusing on NASCAR fans and their buying behavior. If you could, please take my survey at smashedbug.com -- it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes (it is only 20 questions) -- This will help me out considerably! Thanks!

PS -- if your not a NASCAR fan, you may still complete the survey.
    Announcer: Any comments Dampeoples ?
    Dampeoples: Yessir, sure do. I'd just like to thank Mrs. Cowan and all those folks down there at Tryon Elementary School for their good old readin' classes, It got pretty hairy around sentence three, but thanks to Marcus and the other folks down there at Visorcentral.com and there typeset, I was able to read that post like the best of them. I'd also like to thank the Cerulean team for an excellent post and look forward to readin' with them in the past. I'd like to stay, but I gotta go down to Handspring.com and make a statement there. They got that new Treo comin' out, ya know.

<Sorry-I think the shameless plugs in racing are - well, shameless, but I'll fill out the survey.
    Sterling
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    Announcer: Any comments Dampeoples ?
    Dampeoples: Yessir, sure do. I'd just like to thank Mrs. Cowan and all those folks down there at Tryon Elementary School for their good old readin' classes, It got pretty hairy around sentence three, but thanks to Marcus and the other folks down there at Visorcentral.com and there typeset, I was able to read that post like the best of them. I'd also like to thank the Cerulean team for an excellent post and look forward to readin' with them in the past. I'd like to stay, but I gotta go down to Handspring.com and make a statement there. They got that new Treo comin' out, ya know.

<Sorry-I think the shameless plugs in racing are - well, shameless, but I'll fill out the survey.
    Sterling
    I believe they call that promoting their sponsor. If I gave someone a few million dollars I would certainly expect him to thank me every time he got on TV.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    "Real drivers don't drive in circles". You can quote me on that.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer
    "Real drivers don't drive in circles". You can quote me on that.
    And I suppose drivers are not real athletes?

Why do you feel that Winston Cup drivers are not as good as other drivers just because they drive on ovals? Tony Stewart used to drive for IRL, did he all of a sudden lose his ability to drive because he switched to NASCAR?

NASCAR has two races a year on RoadCourses and they seem to do a great job running there. In fact, the Winston Cup regulars seem to fare better than the RoadCourse drivers hired solely for those events.

I love all racing and believe that each driver deserves credit for what he does. Whether it is NASCAR, FormulaOne, SuperBike or NHRA. Each driver does what he loves to do with nothing more than a desire to win.

Besides, if it is so easy, why don't you do it?
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Well, I took the survey...those were easy! Why didn't you ask some hard ones like, who was Ricky Rudd's sponsor prior to the current one and who is in that car now...or who drives the Cheerio's/Pop Secret car and when was he rookie of the Year?
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    Why didn't you ask some hard ones...?
    Better yet... what was the color of Dale Earnhardt's first car?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by GSR13

And I suppose drivers are not real athletes?

Why do you feel that Winston Cup drivers are not as good as other drivers just because they drive on ovals? Tony Stewart used to drive for IRL, did he all of a sudden lose his ability to drive because he switched to NASCAR?

NASCAR has two races a year on RoadCourses and they seem to do a great job running there. In fact, the Winston Cup regulars seem to fare better than the RoadCourse drivers hired solely for those events.

[flame-retardant suit on]

Driving on ovals doesn't require much skill. F1 drivers can pull up to 3G's quite often and must be in top physical condition.
    IRL drives on ovals, so that doesn't equate.
    NASCAR on road courses is a joke. I caught the last five minutes of the second race they had this year. It was all they could do to keep those lumbering heaps of crap on the road. They appeared to be going about 60 m.p.h.
    While I'm at it, CART needs to drop all oval track racing.

[suit off]
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PINK!!!!!
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer

[flame-retardant suit on]

Driving on ovals doesn't require much skill. F1 drivers can pull up to 3G's quite often and must be in top physical condition.
    IRL drives on ovals, so that doesn't equate.
    NASCAR on road courses is a joke. I caught the last five minutes of the second race they had this year. It was all they could do to keep those lumbering heaps of crap on the road. They appeared to be going about 60 m.p.h.
    While I'm at it, CART needs to drop all oval track racing.

[suit off]
    Have you ever driven a Winston Cup car at 190MPH on an oval with 42 other cars around you?

You may not enjoy watching NASCAR, but just because you dislike it, does not mean the drivers are not talented. If you do not like the style of NASCAR racing, that is fine, but it is my opinion that the drivers are very talented.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Better yet... what was the color of Dale Earnhardt's first car?
    Yeah! And who (what) was its sponsor?
    Dayvault's Tune-Up & Brake Ser.

MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...