Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got comcast installed, check out the speedtest:
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    slooowwww

j/k

but comcast in sf is averaging me over 30mb/sec downloads (50mb/sec without my router..) / 10mb/sec uploads.

-mark
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Nice!

Are you on a turbo plan or something? I have road runner turbo w/ Bright House and I only get 15 down and 1.5 up.
    Been there. I moved to an area with higher concentration of customers and now sitting at a paltry 3 mb/s down and 2 up....

Comcast can be awesome, but go down the street and it sucks.

This is with supposed 12 mb/sec service. Super cool.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/15/2009 at 05:09 PM.
  5.    #5  
    It's supposed to be 16mb service...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    Nice!

Are you on a turbo plan or something? I have road runner turbo w/ Bright House and I only get 15 down and 1.5 up.
    Nah, that's probably just the power boost kicking in.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I pay an extra $10 a month for this speed. lol
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

My comcast in Portland. I must have the same plan as you.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I've got most of you beat except the previous poster with Comcast in MA (though for some reason I'm routed through New Hampshire - with that being the case I'm shocked the ping is so low).

I only get basic cable and stream / buy everything else off the Internet these days, so my bill is $45 a month with tax and everything.

However, one major thing to keep in mind is that for downloading larger files, you'll get about half the speed in these tests, because of Comcast's 'PowerBoost' I believe they're calling it. For the first 20 MB or something like that, it's twice the speed, and then cuts back after that.

AT&T U-verse 3Mb/s service
    haha yea, comcast might be getting a little faster... Thats only because everyone is learning that they suck. It might be fast once in a while, but for the most part the **** dont work.
    Everyone is switching to FIOS, thats just making their network faster. Give them 5 years, and you'll say "who is comcast?" lol
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    haha yea, comcast might be getting a little faster... Thats only because everyone is learning that they suck. It might be fast once in a while, but for the most part the **** dont work.
    Everyone is switching to FIOS, thats just making their network faster. Give them 5 years, and you'll say "who is comcast?" lol
    I've had comcast in san francisco for ~4 years now.. It's always been super-fast and reliable.
    -mark
    When I lived in Colorado I had Comcast and it was flawless (fast, reliable). Since moving to the D.C. area and getting Comcast out here it has been horrible. Frequent outtages (I'm typing this on my Pre right now because the internet is down) and slow speeds seem to be the norm out here. I used to be a huge Comcast fan. Now: not so much. I just wish they offered FIOS at my house!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'm paying Comcast $19/mo for this. I've been downsizing to save pennies

I am in Manchester, NH and have never seen above 20 - yet someone miles from me running off the same server is 29.3/8.6 with a better ping- go figure! I have just the cheapest basic cable plus Internet and it runs me $62.58/mo.

19.    #19  
    Even better at 5am...
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Even better at 5am...
    [/IMG][/URL]
    You are correct
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast