1.    #1  
    One feature that seems handy is the ability to record a phone conversation on a cell phone. Just press a button, it starts recording. This first occurred to me in college. There were some professors that were available by cell phone and would give really good help-- the sort one might like to record. One even commented that he had no problem with that, if we could figure out how to do it. So, are there phones that do that? Can that ability be added to an existing smartphone by software only? Obviously, there are serious legal matters. Ultimately, I think it's up to the user to make sure they're within the law. I'm more interested in whether such capability exists and whether it can be added without hardware.

FWIW, I actually have no use for this anymore. I'm out of school and generally trust the people I work with. This does seem like a possibly marketable idea, though. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Or how about just a "voice recorder" for crying outloud? My last 3 crummy cell phones had that - how can the iPhone killer NOT?
    Yes, I miss CallRec from my Treo.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I didn't know that existed. Maybe that's cause for hope; after all, the phone is an app, so clearly the hardware is fully app-accessible, even if not through the SDK. Maybe someone more clever than I will come up with a way to do this.
    Same...

Many a Lie was caught with CallRec
    Google Voice allows you to record calls
    Only incoming calls can be recorded with google voice. you can't record an outgoing call
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    Only incoming calls can be recorded with google voice. you can't record an outgoing call
    kinda kills it for us prank callers....
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    my old nextel i860 had that.....

I used to use it all the time
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ditto..