View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Channel?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • FOX Brodcasting (29 or 10)

4 14.29%
  • UPN (38 or 9)

2 7.14%
  • WB23 (23)

0 0%
  • channel 2, the semseme and kids channel

0 0%
  • channel 5 with dave dole

0 0%
  • the disney channel (7)

0 0%
  • nickelodean (43)

0 0%
  • comedy central (42)

4 14.29%
  • scifi (69) i think

4 14.29%
  • discovery, history, animal planet, TLC

11 39.29%
  • NBC

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I normally watch either USA network, TechTV, the Weather Channel, the Learning Channel, HIstory Channel or Crocodile Hunter on Animal Planet.
    Between TV shows switching networks (Buffy, anyone?) and lots of shows in syndication (different channels in different cities), I don't have any favorite channels anymore. These are some of the shows I currently watch, some faithfully, some not.

ABC: Alias
    CBS: CSI, Wolf Lake
    FOX: X-files, Dark Angel, Stargate: SG1
    NBC: West Wing
    PAX: Mysterious Ways
    PBS: Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By
    SCI FI: Invisible Man, Farscape, The Chronicle
    TNT: The Pretender (re-runs)
    UPN: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Enterprise, ST: DS9 (re-runs), Roswell, Special Unit 2, Tracker
    WB: Angel, Charmed, Earth: Final Conflict, Andromeda, Smallville

The kicker is that there are lots of times that there is nothing on that I want to watch, and other times there are 3-4 shows on at the same time that I do.
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
    Discovery/TLC once in a blue moon, don't like TV, it's, well, it's not a movie.
    I do, however, watch snippets of lots of children's shows as I walk through the living room.
    Originally posted by robert sibell
    Yorik, did you change your avator lately? I dont remember those little blinking eyes in the right eye socket before.
    I added the eyes after 3-4 weeks of having that avatar, so no. They're on a several second delay though, and they're small, so it's not really obvious and therefore a surprise
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    TECH TV RULES! Mainly The Screen Savers and Fresh Gear...Yeah I'm a SCI-FI fan as well, i got 300 chanels and only watch 3 (the othird being FOX 25, gotta love the Simpsons)
    Don't Worry It's Human Nature To Point Out The Obvious
  6.    #26  
    Do you need to do anything special to have a moving avator? Or is it just saved, like from a website.
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    Do you need to do anything special to have a moving avator? Or is it just saved, like from a website.
    It's an animated GIF. I drew mine myself, using Diddle on my Visor.
    You could use one from a website, but keep in mind that it has to be one that isn't copyrighted (i.e. freely dstributable) and it would have to match up to the height and width constraints of the VisorCentral avatar space. ergo, you can't use that running kitty bar that I keep seeing on old cobwebsites.
    To make your own you need some sort of graphic software and a GIF building program (which, incidentally, could be one and the same).
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Originally posted by Yorick

It's an animated GIF. I drew mine myself, using Diddle on my Visor.
    I take it from reading earlier posts about the eyes being added a few weeks later that they wern't added using diddle?
  9.    #29  
    So i could use my computers "paint" program? Or could you recomend a site with a drawing app, that youare talking about
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
  10.    #30  
    by the way, since my avator is from sony's site, am i using it illegaly?
    I don't remember who said it, but I agree:

"Theatre is life. Film is art. Television is furniture."

Kill your television!

mc
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    I take it from reading earlier posts about the eyes being added a few weeks later that they wern't added using diddle?
    Nope. I duplicated the image several times and used them for frames of the gif. The eyes are really just a pair of tiny boxes of white.

by the way, since my avator is from sony's site, am i using it illegaly?
    It's infringement to reuse someone else's images without having permission to do so.

For your other question, all moving pictures are comprised of frames. if your paint program will let you do multiple frames, then you're good to go.
    I used Graphic Converter (to change from a BMP to a GIF), Polaroid PhotoMax Pro (to duplicate and modify), and GIFBuilder (to assemble frames) to make mine. I think PhotoMax (it's similar to, but has much less "bloat" than PhotoShop) came with my webcam, the others are shareware; these are all for the Macintosh.

Originally posted by mensachicken
    "Theatre is life. Film is art. Television is furniture."
    I think that was originally on a t-shirt. actually I think it's one of those "anonymous" sayings that no one seems to be bothered with remembering who originally said it.

Kill your television!
    since my TV gives me access to news, science, and older films, I don't think so.

Time to go. that mouse is in my kitchen again.
    Last edited by Yorick; 10/28/2001 at 04:00 PM.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Yorick
    Nope. I duplicated the image several times and used them for frames of the gif. The eyes are really just a pair of tiny boxes of white.

You mean, they're not REALLY a mouse, or some other critter, man! Boxes, huh, I'll sleep better tonight.
    Where's Cartoon Network???? No, I don't see a problem with a guy in his mid 20's watching cartoons all the time. Bug's a Johnny Bravo rule. Cow and Chicken are stupid and vulgar.

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    You must not be a geek. I watch TechTV.
    I watch Dexter's Laboratory. Doesn't that count?

My wife even calls me a geek, oh well

I'd watch TechTV but the problem is I've usually already seen the things they talk about (being in the computer/technology industry has it's advantages).

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
  17.    #37  
    Igroknful You must not be a geek. I watch TechTV
    HEY, i am too a geek! I just have never heard of techtv on a cable channel.
    I'm waiting for Dexter's Lab to be released on DVD...

Anyway, my vote is for UPN. If some other place carried Star Trek, they'd get my vote instead. I don't like UPN, don't like their equipment, commercials, schedule...but they have Star Trek.
    Tim
    <A HREF="http://vbq1.tripod.com/"></A>
    This thread should have been titled What's Your Favo(u)rite American TV Channel.
    F/X....sheesh, dont you have Directv
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast