1.    #1  
    Americans swap homes for hotels as recession bites

Another sign of the times.

Americans swap homes for hotels as recession bites | U.S. | Reuters
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Results of another fine social engineering project. At least Massachusetts seems to be picking up the tab for some of Barney Frank's blunders. Or, should I say, the Massachusetts tax payers.
    Honestly.... with all the nurses needed throughout the USA... how in the hell does anyone become homeless, unemployed 37-year-old, and a NURSE.

Does that seem a bit odd to anyone else but me???

edit: Maybe she is not a registered nurse? Odd to me...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Honestly.... with all the nurses needed throughout the USA... how in the hell does anyone become homeless, unemployed 37-year-old, and a NURSE.

Does that seem a bit odd to anyone else but me???

edit: Maybe she is not a registered nurse? Odd to me...
    Definitely odd, IMO. Of course, the people that appear to have become homeless because they were 'called' to move to Texas from Minnesota seemed a bit odd as well.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Definitely odd, IMO. Of course, the people that appear to have become homeless because they were 'called' to move to Texas from Minnesota seemed a bit odd as well.
    Have you wintered in Minnesota? Moving from there for any reason isn't so odd to me.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Have you wintered in Minnesota? Moving from there for any reason isn't so odd to me.
    Having lived all my life in a country who's climate could be uncharitably described as "meh", I've always wanted to spend a winter somewhere with a proper winter, IYSWIM. I'd probably regret it though if I did it!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Having lived all my life in a country who's climate could be uncharitably described as "meh", I've always wanted to spend a winter somewhere with a proper winter, IYSWIM. I'd probably regret it though if I did it!
    Might I recommend Upstate NY? It gets the massive snowfall without the -60F temp the Minnesotans put up with.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Yes, spend a winter there. I doubt you'd regret it. You just probably wouldn't want to go back.

As Micael said, upstate NY or even Connecticut would be nice but most anywhere in the American Northeast.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Might I recommend Upstate NY? It gets the massive snowfall without the -60F temp the Minnesotans put up with.
    Tempting. All I need to do now is retire (or win the lottery!)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...