View Poll Results: Are you getting WinXP?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 37.93%
  • No

36 62.07%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Arker
    The PC industry is doomed. It will soon no longer be fun.
    Oh, I'd say that train has already left the station..on both counts.
    As I have never used a Mac before is there an unbiased and objective site out there that compares the OS's and possibly the PC vs Mac. Thank You in Advance!

T.
    expert = ex - a washed-uped has been, Spurt - a small drop that has a lot of pressure behind it.
    Originally posted by Airmech
    As I have never used a Mac before is there an unbiased and objective site out there that compares the OS's and possibly the PC vs Mac. Thank You in Advance!

T.
    Not really. Anytime an "objective" study comes out, there are more than enough on the other side to tear it to shreds. It's a matter of personal opinion.

Arker, businesses are buying windows because consumers are. Businesses couldn't give a rat's *** about the OS; they want to minimize as much training as possible. As soon as more people are using mac or linux, you can bet businesses will follow. People want simple integration. If I could buy one unit that was tv, computer, stereo, dvd player/recorder, game console, thermostat, home security system in one unit that required only to be plugged in (wireless speakers, wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, wireless game controllers, wireless remote displays - so my son could do homework while I watched star wars), and ran linux or OS X, MS would be in trouble. They'd have to use that money to build an honest-to-God stable OS (can't have home security locking up while on vacation) and even more money to bribe a company to make a product with their OS.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer
    The only thing that doesn't work so far is my Epson 610 scanner.
    Galley_SimRacer:
    Did you get your scanner working? I have the same model, and what I did was get the Win2k drivers from Epson. Worked like a charm
    Just to add my $.02 to the debate, I just upgraded my ME system to XP on 10/26, and so far have been very happy with the increase in speed, stability and (most importantly) efficiency of managing my system resources. I am running a 366Mgz Celeron W/ 256 Megs Ram.
    "I sync, therefore I am."
    I've got the same scanner as well. Just download the Win2k drivers from Epson.com, and you should have no troubles.
    Originally posted by bobengle2

Galley_SimRacer:
    Did you get your scanner working? I have the same model, and what I did was get the Win2k drivers from Epson. Worked like a charm
    Yep. I used the driver from this page:
    http://support.epson.com/hardware/sc...65_/index.html
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    I put xp on my p3 500 with 128megs ram and it's running damn slow. Another bummer is that my canon s100 digital elph and nike mp3 player aint working either, grrrrrrrrrrrrr. But everything else is pretty cool, very maclike nice to see dos gone. i wouldn't buy it if i were you people. Tons of software aint compatible with it yet, so wait if you decide to go xp.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123